whos your go to for great fundamentals

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
today iv really noticed a decline in fundamentals basic side control and mount strategy ect guys today just try to be super fancy even white belts are trying to leg lock and berinbolo who do you think has the strongest fundamentals as a coach? saulo roger royler gracie? i hear a lot praise henry adkins

today iv really noticed a decline in fundamentals basic side control and mount strategy ect guys today just try to be super fancy
MIQTe2a.gif

<2>

lol i bet your the biggest virgin on sherdog ill take losing 1 fight i took within a weeks notice way out of shape not training when i won eevry fight before within first round

I like Braulio Estima and Bernardo Faria for fundamentals, too.

Caio Terra has a lot of good info about dominant positions. Roger has some good stuff too.

For me, gracieuniversity.com. Also of course Roger Gracie.

Prolly Saulo.....I recall learning quite a bit from Roy Dean's stuff too.

Whenever I'm lost, either for fundamentals or just general life advice, I turn to the Mario Sperry Vale Tudo tapes.

There is a difference between old school and fundamentals. IMO, if you arent learning modern leg log entanglements and their defense, and modern guards and their defense, you arent learning fundamentals because they are bred and woven into modern grappling styles. If I am watching a guy and I want to see fundamentals that absolutely work against all modern styles, Yuri Simoes and Gordon Ryan are very good at the basics, excel at what they do best, can defend against all styles of attack extremely well, and can score from any position.

There is a difference between old school and fundamentals. IMO, if you arent learning modern leg log entanglements and their defense, and modern guards and their defense, you arent learning fundamentals because they are bred and woven into modern grappling styles. If I am watching a guy and I want to see fundamentals that absolutely work against all modern styles, Yuri Simoes and Gordon Ryan are very good at the basics, excel at what they do best, can defend against all styles of attack extremely well, and can score from any position.

i agree people nut hug roger saying "see he wins with the very basics" if it were that simple to win by doing the things you learn in your first 6 months then we wouldnt have all this new innovation ect. its better tiny ways of doing it like basic stack pass has went through so many invitations since 2006

People who think Roger uses your traditional basics from a class for white belts are simply clueless.
but almost everyone says that lol they say ohh see roger only uses the basics it shows that the basics r the best!! like they even know the tiny details of the moves hes doing lol

Roger is super anti old school in a lot of the stuff in the moves. When showing moves very often he explains how he was taught to do something in a traditional way and then he figured out how to do it in the opposite manner because the old way didn't work well or at all.

i dont care to learn new subs or funky ways of taking the back i prefer learning better ways of doing chokes arm locks ect tiny details on the basics carl silver fox has a great armlock and triangle series on youtube he did with tristar stuff like that is what i love to see

lol i bet your the biggest virgin on sherdog ill take losing 1 fight i took within a weeks notice way out of shape not training when i won eevry fight before within first round
On a complete serious no sarcasm note. It’ll really help you to stop talking about your reasons you think you lost.. just say shit happened and moved on. Otherwise it makes it a bigger deal than it is

Tekken fan is the guy in the red trunks? or the hairy out of shape guy in blue trunks?

Back