Who's the faster fighter? Lyoto Machida or Vitor Belfort?

Vitor said for every hit he landed, Lyoto landed 5.

But that's when they were training together like several years ago and before Vitor was fighting like he is now.

Both are fast. But Machida's probably a tad faster. And Machida is more strong willed.

Vitor said for every hit he landed, Lyoto landed 5.

But that's when they were training together like several years ago and before Vitor was fighting like he is now.

Vitor's speed hasn't increased though, he's always been this fast. The main difference is he is more accurate now and has added more kicks to his arsenal.

Trtor in the first round. After that Machida all day.

Handspeed goes to Vitor, that Hendo uppercut was insane lol.

Vitor has faster hands and combos, machida more with movement. Both are very fast

Vitor faster handspeed, Machida faster footwork/etc

There's no one faster than Belfort. Considering the amount of muscle he carries, Vitor is unbelievably fast.

Yep I agree with most people here.

Not many can compare to Vitor's hand speed.

Machida is faster when walking around the octagon, but Vitor can throw kicks as fast as the dragon does, also Belfort

Well that fight didnt really prove much to the OP. Hard to judge speed when both guys are old and slow now.

Anyway War Machida forever and ever amen. Hope whoever cleans octagon in between the fights swept up all the pills that fell out of vitors head when he got kod before the fans could see.

Shogun was faster than Lyoto.

I think a prime Vitor blasts Machida tbh

Well that fight didnt really prove much to the OP. Hard to judge speed when both guys are old and slow now.

Anyway War Machida forever and ever amen. Hope whoever cleans octagon in between the fights swept up all the pills that fell out of vitors head when he got kod before the fans could see.

TS created the thread in 2014.

Machida is and was always the faster striker. Machida’s a true technician and master of his craft. There were a select handful of fighters in MMA who were beautiful to watch in the ring because at anytime they could end the fight, Machida’s one of them.

GlisteningImpressionableAmericanalligator-max-14mb.gif

giphy.gif

Vitor was just explosive. Fast and powerful. Machida is more like a cat to me, quick and agile

TS created the thread in 2014.

Machida is and was always the faster striker. Machida’s a true technician and master of his craft. There were a select handful of fighters in MMA who were beautiful to watch in the ring because at anytime they could end the fight, Machida’s one of them.

If your talking raw speed I think VItor arguably had the edge prior losing his TRT plus is clearly more dangerous in aggressive boxing exchanges.

That said though I think Vitor's Hooft/TRT era style was probably never well suited to fighting Machida, he might have been faster but trying to land fight ending kicks on Lyoto from range is not an easy task.

Back