Who's the faster fighter? Lyoto Machida or Vitor Belfort?

Guess we got our answer lets close this thread, as mystery SOLVED

Just outta curiousity.

Machida uses his quickness defensively & sometimes offensively.

Belfort uses his quickness for offense, especially when he knows he has you hurt.

Who's faster? & just for the hell of it, who do you believe is the more effective fighter in terms of utilizing their speed?
Not Vitor lol obviously, watch that kick one more time, vitor slowed 25% after USADA

If your talking raw speed I think VItor arguably had the edge prior losing his TRT plus is clearly more dangerous in aggressive boxing exchanges.

That said though I think Vitor's Hooft/TRT era style was probably never well suited to fighting Machida, he might have been faster but trying to land fight ending kicks on Lyoto from range is not an easy task.

Vitor Belfort had nothing on Liddell outside of a takedown in round one. That is the thing about Liddell he may have fought the perfect stand-up match against Vitor yet Liddell did what he had to do to soundly beat him.

I really do not see a true meter that indicates to me Vitor beats Machida other than Vitor winning via a flurry TKO. IMO other wise Machida would be favored to defeat Vitor throughout his career as long as stayed discipline and strategic, which Machida always portrayed the classic MMA counterpuncher. Sure we could go back and forth on the hypotethicals all day but that’s how I objectively see it.

Vitor Belfort had nothing on Liddell outside of a takedown in round one. That is the thing about Liddell he may have fought the perfect stand-up match against Vitor yet Liddell did what he had to do to soundly beat him.

I really do not see a true meter that indicates to me Vitor beats Machida other than Vitor winning via a flurry TKO. IMO other wise Machida would be favored to defeat Vitor throughout his career as long as stayed discipline and strategic, which Machida always portrayed the classic MMA counterpuncher. Sure we could go back and forth on the hypotethicals all day but that’s how I objectively see it.

That's a much earlier Vitor prior to Hooft vs Chuck of course, back then he was still much more a BJJ guy with heavy hands.

Again I think that Machida would have been a bad fight for Hooft/TRT Vitor as well, even if he was faster Lyoto would have been cannier with a greater range of weapons. Shogun beat him by slowly picking him apart not by looking to land one big kick.

Belfort faster puncher. Machida faster reflexes.

This is the way I see it too.

Prime Machida just dodges some punches and counters fast. While Belfort once he start throwing combos they are fast and hard hitting I remember him overwhelming Tank and Wadnerlei that way.

As far as handspeed? I don't know of a guy in the UFC that's not a manlet that threw faster than vitor.

As far as footspeed and movement? Machida easily

That's a much earlier Vitor prior to Hooft vs Chuck of course, back then he was still much more a BJJ guy with heavy hands.

Again I think that Machida would have been a bad fight for Hooft/TRT Vitor as well, even if he was faster Lyoto would have been cannier with a greater range of weapons. Shogun beat him by slowly picking him apart not by looking to land one big kick.

Machida would have picked Vitor Belfort apart from the outside the same way Liddell did. I never did see a significant difference in Vitor’s stand-up technique as his career progressed just a physical monster-like transformation. Vitor purposely juiced to beat Dan Henderson because he could not win without cheating. Vitor will have that stigma attached with him due to his inability to fight clean.

Back