Who's the faster fighter? Lyoto Machida or Vitor Belfort?

I feel like Vitor has replaced some of his speed with power. Young Vitor I'd give the hand speed advantage definitely, but now I say its Machida by a wide margin in all aspects.

Vitor has faster hands, Vitor's blitz was faster 15 years ago but I'm not sure about now.

Vitor - Faster hands and more explosive

Machida - Faster movement and kicks

Belfort faster hand speed, Machida faster movement, but Jacare has both of them beat in both departments. And Weidman is visibly slower than all three in both departments, and not surprisingly gets beaten soundly by the above three guys.

What do you guys mean by moves faster? Do you mean run faster?

You can't comparing " moving speed. " Machida constantly moves away, while Vitor patiently stalks. No shit Machida is " moving faster. " They aren't doing the same thing though.

And also " Machida moves in and out faster. " No shit... Vitor doesn't leap in and out you muppets.
Yeah and Machida will embarrass Vitor badly if they ever fight you muppet.

Vitor is faster. Machida has better footwork and judges distance better but he's not as fast.

Belforts hands are the fastest in the first round.

Machida faster in all aspects rounds 2-5.

Belfort faster hand speed, Machida faster movement, but Jacare has both of them beat in both departments. And Weidman is visibly slower than all three in both departments, and not surprisingly gets beaten soundly by the above three guys.
Jacare really dominated Carmont huh? That was the worst fight I've ever seen in my life and I was rooting for Jacare to destroy him but he didn't do anything. Jacare is overrated. Machida and Chris would both beat him. I thought more highly of him before the Carmont fight.

machida is faster, but vitor has the power.

i think vitor is a good style match up for machida though

First page of comments pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Vitor has faster handspeed/punches
Machida has overall faster speed, reflexes, etc.

Easiest question in a while. Belfort has faster punches and kicks. Machida moves around faster.

It's not just about being fast, there's accuracy and timing and feints, and machida is better in all.

Lyoto, but Belfort probably hits harder overall.

Have less hespect for roid user Vitor compared to a guy who has always been clean and used hard work instead of PED's.

Just because a fighter has never tested positive does not guarantee they've always been clean, just saying.

Back