Who's the 2nd best reporter covering MMA? (Helwani being the 1st)

No, i agree with your counter point but if you read some of the interactions these guys have with people it makes your eyes roll. You for sure can form educated opinions no doubt but these "journalists" don't have a better understanding of the sport than any other long time fan but they act like they are superior which is just silly.

Especially when there is zero athletic background by any of them.

Fair point, I'm just playing devils advocate, I think you bring up good points, and I'm in agreement to some extent. But you can't generalize the whole lot, even though there are quite a bit that deserves being called out for their ignorance.

Here is some truth.

Morga is 2 for sure.

I'd place him 1 because Ariel cried about the winnipeg card

If you can get past Robin Blacks lisp and image hes pretty good. Very enthusiastic.

Ben Fowlkes and Chuck Middenhall are very good. Luke Thomas is good as well. They're all way better than Ariel "TMZ" Helwani.

I don't know if he counts as a journalist at this point but I quite enjoy listening to Dan Hardy when he breaks down fights.

Brett Okamoto does a great job, especially when you consider that he works for a network that has almost zero interest in giving fucks about MMA unless it is Ronda/Conor or identity politics.

Too many weird fuckers in MMA journalism, even for journalism standards. Okamoto and Helwani are probably some of the only normal-ish guys with legit credentials in the industry.

Back