Who's the 2nd best reporter covering MMA? (Helwani being the 1st)

1. Josh Gross
2. Ariel

For different reasons. Robin Black is good at breaking down fights, but Ariel's the better interviewer and Gross is probably the top historian so he knows context.

No idea? Number 2 is far down the list. Maybe Bokamoto?

who is that?

new_promo_hs_crop.jpg

Richard Hunter.

Ariel Helwani is the best around without a doubt. I don't understand people's hate of him at all... he's generally objective and asks pertinent questions and offers generally insightful opinions. My only gripe with him is calling every fight he interviews on MMA Hour "my man", as if it makes him their bro or something.

Luke Thomas is also very legit. Clearly knows his stuff and for the most part is on point. Can be quite overbearing with his points at times but most people who are nearly always right are.

Shout out to Chuck Midenhall and Raimondi too.

I like to listen to New York Rick but he really is a hipster. He'll probably be a lot better on ten years.

if anyone says Gareth A Davies I'll punch them in the throat lol

He is not and could not be first since Helwani is a fake journalist.

1. John Morgan - Professional, asks good questions.
  2. Brett Okamoto - Professional as well, enjoy his articles.
  3. Gareth Davies - Eurocentric but comes off professional
  4. Richard Hunter - Tries way to hard to look like Nikki Sixx, but he's solid
  5. Josh Gross - Not sure if he's still in the game. Creepy looking though.

Fuck Helwani though. That bitch ass weasel is TMZ quality. Just was in the right place at the right time, super unprofessional

Helwani's the best we got? That's pretty sad.
He knows many of the fighters on a personal level so it makes for great interviews. He is by no means the most knowledgeable on the sport though.

It depends, you can't paint them all with the same brush, some are reporters, writers, interviewers, commentators, etc. They all have different roles and it's unfair to categorize them all under the same banner.

Meltzer is by far the best, only one who is a legitimate journalist

Luke Thomas is good minus his politics

1. John Morgan - Professional, asks good questions.
  2. Brett Okamoto - Professional as well, enjoy his articles.
  3. Gareth Davies - Eurocentric but comes off professional
  4. Richard Hunter - Tries way to hard to look like Nikki Sixx, but he's solid
  5. Josh Gross - Not sure if he's still in the game. Creepy looking though.
Fuck Helwani though. That bitch ass weasel is TMZ quality. Just was in the right place at the right time, super unprofessional

I'm sure you'll be able to offer plenty of examples of Helwani being unprofessional and such yeah? By journalistic standards of course. And, given your list, I have no doubt your standard is pretty low. So this should be easy for you.

Luke Thomas is more of a pundit than a reporter at this point. Brett Okamoto from ESPN gets a lot of decent scoops.

Back