Who would you consider to be the 'BEST' all around fighter in the UFC?

Was thinking Weidman, but his striking isn't on the same level as GSP, Jones, Aldo, Cain.

Give him 3-4 more fights.

Lol GSP striking has to be some of the most overrated in the game. His jab ? Top notch! His striking to set up the power shot ? Excellent! He's been wrecked by Serra in striking, shields out struck him for two rounds, condit almost took his head off...his overall striking game is a pitter patter strategy to get the takedown. Plus , who has he finished with his striking ? Jay Hieron? Weidman although green, is more well rounded and effective in his well roundedNess because he controls and finishes fights...he did it to the current GOAT!

Jon Jones or GSP.

I'd go with GSP right now because we've seen him show great BJJ/wrestling off his back whereas Jones is untested there.

Lol GSP striking has to be some of the most overrated in the game. His jab ? Top notch! His striking to set up the power shot ? Excellent! He's been wrecked by Serra in striking, shields out struck him for two rounds, condit almost took his head off...his overall striking game is a pitter patter strategy to get the takedown. Plus , who has he finished with his striking ? Jay Hieron? Weidman although green, is more well rounded and effective in his well roundedNess because he controls and finishes fights...he did it to the current GOAT!

Dude, I'm a HUGE Weidman homer, but you're underrating the crap outtta GSP's standup.

GSP and Jon Jones.

Don't know how people say Cain. Dude has rarely displayed and been tested with jiu jitsu.

He doesn't have to show it because he's just that good. Although we might see it when he faces Werdum at some point

I would go with Anderson Silva. Best striker and Boxer in MMA. He has shown to have solid takedown defense. Underrated BJJ with where he has submitted top fighters including BJJ blackbelts and has defended subs from Lutter and Weidman. Have used wrestling to beat guys like Lee Murray.

Jones and GSP,

Jones has been more successful with his submissions though,

so maybe that propels him into first

I would probably say Aldo and Jones.

GSP. Jones is still green in the submission grappling department, as shown by Vitor.

gsp tapped to an arm bar... jones escaped one and pulled off a americana.

by your logic, gsp is the green one.

Cain has been in position for chokes, key locks, arm bars , etc and flat out stays away. His stand up leaves him very open to get hit but he does hit hard. His wrestling and cardio is top notch. So for this thread ...Cain is not the answer.

No I think Cain definately is the answer. He is never ever in trouble on the ground, and demolished who many think is the best stand up fighter in the division with his hands. What do you say to that? Probably something stupid because you were just calling GSP overrated

gsp tapped to an arm bar... jones escaped one and pulled off a americana.

by your logic, gsp is the green one.
... 10 years ago lol?

I don't even like GSP, but he's a phenomenal all around grappler. GSP has been beating guys on the ground longer then Jones has been fighting in MMA.

GSP and a few words behind his initials because Sherdog won't let me leave 3 letters in caps.

Back