Who would you consider to be the 'BEST' all around fighter in the UFC?

Jon Jones has a more rounded game. GSP lacks the diversity in his striking game that Jones possesses.

GSP's game is largely jab, superman punch, takedown, top control. He's extremely good at it (best takedowns in MMA, imo), but it's not a diverse game.

Jones lands punches, elbows, knees, all manner of kicks, spinning shit, has a more brutal GnP game and sinks in subs.

Aldo. He doesn't showcase it often but his ground game is very dangerous

Georges St. Pierre.

When I think "well rounded" that's who comes to mind.

Jones is also very well rounded.

GSP, then Weidman.

Jones is not on their level and Gustaffson will show this.

GSP, then Weidman.

Jones is not on their level and Gustaffson will show this.

Man, I dont like Jones, but really? The guy has made pretty much everyone he faced look helpless including several former champs

I hate to say it but it is Jon Jones:

Good stand-up, fantastic wrestling and great submissions. Can take a punch too.

Are you talking about the fighter with the most techniques, range of skill or diversity of their MMA game than the answer can only be a fighter who's 155 or under...the big guys just don't have as many skills. Cruz or Barao come to mind.

However if you are talking about who is able to implement their game and knoldege the best, regardless of opponent, I'd think the answer is Cain Velasquez.

Got to be GSP and Jones. At the moment i'd say GSP is the more well rounded purely due to experience and number of hours spent training. His striking is more technical than Jones' and his defensive BJJ is tighter - but you have to remember Jones is still new to this when you compare him to GSP. Jones will overtake him at some point as he continually refines his game. Both have that required ability to take/keep the fight where they want it and then dominate from there.
I've heard a lot about Aldo's ground game too, but we've never really seen it - so I don't know how good it actually is. His TDD seems pretty damn sharp though (Hominick fight excluded).

Back