Who takes it, Edgar or Ortega?

This will be a fun fight. I love me some Edgar, but I'll be pulling for Brian Ortega in this one. I picked him to be the breakout fighter of 2018 and with this Frankie matchup it looks like that might be true if he can pull off the upset.

I also think Ortega is a tough matchup for Max Holloway. His bjj is his strength but he's also pretty well rounded with his wrestling, grappling, boxing, cardio, and he is as tough as they come.

I also wish this was a 5-rounder. This sucks.

What's with all this Frankie will be wary of the ground game because Ortega is a BJJ god shit...

Ortega hadn't even had a pro fight when Edgar won his first UFC title.

Frankie was grappling in the UFC against BJJ world champs before Ortega had his first fight. I don't think he's worried at all.

Want Ortega but Frankie has never been finished

I haven’t seen all of Ortega’s fights but I really like him. Exciting grappler.

I think it’s pretty obvious that if Ortega can’t get him down or the fight will go very badly for him.

I haven’t seen enough of Ortega to know how good his takedowns are, but Ortega is a big guy and if he can get in and make a real ugly , phone booth fight that’s what he should do.

Pressure , pressure. Ortega seems a little clumsy on the feet. Edgar will pick him apart.
I’ll be rooting for Ortega to get ahold of him.

Frankie probably has the biggest heart, but he is a shell of his former self .
Guy has been in some wars.

Too close to call

What's with all this Frankie will be wary of the ground game because Ortega is a BJJ god shit...

Ortega hadn't even had a pro fight when Edgar won his first UFC title.

Frankie was grappling in the UFC against BJJ world champs before Ortega had his first fight. I don't think he's worried at all.
What bjj world champs? Bj penn? The first two bj fights he spent almost zero time on the matt. Nobody he's fought is as good on the mat as Ortega.

I just can’t really see Edgar losing that fight. But, I’ve said that before, and been wrong.

The unpredictability of mma is what I love the most. I don’t know how many times I’ve said...

Holy fuck, I didn’t see that shit coming.

wee-bey-reaction-gif.gif

This "Answer" to the question just made my day!!

Very well said. Truly is the reason for loving this sport. Lately with all the shit talk of everything UFC and MMA in general, it's nice to be reminded ( see it written down) what we watch and appreciate this sport so much.

What bjj world champs? Bj penn? The first two bj fights he spent almost zero time on the matt. Nobody he's fought is as good on the mat as Ortega.

BJ landed 2 takedowns in the second fight.

Don't blame Edgar that BJ couldn't keep him down.

Edgar landed 4 takedowns.

Can't stand Edgar so War Ortega!

Gag and bag dat boi!

I think Frankie has way too much experience in there, but Ortega is no slouch.

Back