Who takes it, Edgar or Ortega?

It seems Frankie is too smart to give up his neck to Ortega like Cub did. Plus, Edgar's ground game is great. With that said, not sure how Ortega could strike with Edgar. Ortega has looked inferior to the majority of his opponents standing in most of his fights.

On the other hand, Ortega is young and is probably improving his game still, so he could surprise me. Will be impressed and happy for him if he wins.

WAR EDGAR though.

Last edited:
I want Edgar to win but I think Ortega takes it, purely because he seems to pull a submission out of his ass every goddamn time. Also his striking is getting there.

Frankie will be the one to control where the fight goes. And if he takes Ortega down he will control him there.

If he takes Ortega down, he's a moron. And Frankie is no moron.

I suspect Frankie will run the table on a kickboxing clinic. Ortega will need a miracle to win this one. He seems to be the miracle man though. Still, I think he's too out of his league on this one.

If he takes Ortega down, he's a moron. And Frankie is no moron.

I suspect Frankie will run the table on a kickboxing clinic. Ortega will need a miracle to win this one. He seems to be the miracle man though. Still, I think he's too out of his league on this one.

Frankie will do whatever he damn wants. He isn't Cub Swanson.

Look at Yair vs Edgar for answers. An upcoming, one-trick, hyped young fighter vs mini Edgar

Frankie will do whatever he damn wants. He isn't Cub Swanson.

This is the kind of thinking that got Fedor triangle-armbarred.

Luckily for Frankie, I doubt he thinks like you.

Ortega is dangerous as hell but I can't see Frankie falling into his traps. Frankie is great at fighting guys where he has the advantage and he's probably going to try to keep it standing. While Ortega is a monster at BJJ, Frankie is also a first degree black belt with Ricardo Almeida as a bjj coach. He will have a gameplan for Ortega's subs and was able to avoid any real danger against Oliveira when they fought. Sure, Ortega is probably better but Do Bronx is another guy with an incredibly dangerous sub game.

Ortega has that “chance” but its not the same chance hes had previously against other dudes.

Frankies grappling is air-tight and dont think he will leave the opening needed to get caught.

first time ortega goes against an A fighter
hes probably gonna lose, but i'll be rooting for him

i don't know but I am extremely excited about this fight.

If Ortega submits Frankie....that'll be a special moment for him.

Back