Who takes it, Edgar or Ortega?

Going with Ortega for the upset. This is no Yair Rodriguez....the kid has decent hands, and Frankie would be stupid to shoot TDs against him.

Also has an iron chin, something that isn't talked about enough about him.

The best guy that Yair beat before he fought Frankie was Fili lol....Ortega basically choked Cub out twice in two rounds.

Last edited:
Frankie.

Too much experience, and too well rounded at this stage of their careers.

Edgar is better everywhere by a significant margin.

Interesting thing about this fight is i always underestimate both guys and they always end up winning.

Edgar wins this one handily. He's a step up from anyone Ortega has fought.

I actually like Ortega here, mind you I’m one to pick the underdog I see Frankie more or less dominating for 10 minutes and still and Ortega turning it on in the 3rd and tapping Frankie for the first time in his career. With that said a 3 round fight heavily favors Frankie with less variables for him to get caught in a random submission

I hope Ortega, just for the sake of new blood. I like Frankie, but I’d like to see some new blood in there. I’d like to see how much Ortega has and can evolve.

At the same time, Frankie will be a great test. I wouldn’t bet against him on this one either. Ortega does like to get hit...

Last edited:
Not a fan of Frankie, if Brian wins its by sub, but Edgar probably wins a GSP-like UD.

smart choice would be frankie but it's always a toss up with these up and comers against veterans.

Ortega was getting tagged by Cub (though it was pretty competitive in terms of stand-up) before the choke.

always expect frankie to lose a step in his next fight and he always proves me wrong. will always be a bit salty about what he did to BJ but frankie has been top 3 of 2 divisions for nearly ten years. the guy is an animal

so i'd bet on Edgar, but pulling for Ortega

I just can’t really see Edgar losing that fight. But, I’ve said that before, and been wrong.

The unpredictability of mma is what I love the most. I don’t know how many times I’ve said...

Holy fuck, I didn’t see that shit coming.

wee-bey-reaction-gif.gif

I just can’t really see Edgar losing that fight. But, I’ve said that before, and been wrong.

The unpredictability of mma is what I love the most. I don’t know how many times I’ve said...

Holy fuck, I didn’t see that shit coming.

wee-bey-reaction-gif.gif
Thays why I tune in to every card. You just never know when the next great fight/hl/breakout star will emerge. I dont watch ball sports so mma is my only outlet outside of work and my family. I got T City inside the distance btw

I've learned to never bet against Frankie Edgar. The guy is just an animal and always delivers. He also has a tendency to derail hyper trains.

Edgar easily. If you aren't Jose Aldo, you aren't beating Frankie at FW.

Frankie is not easy to sub and Ortega doesn't seem to have any other chance. Frankie is the well deserved favorite in my opinion

Back