Who is the hardest hitter we´ve ever seen in the lightweight division?

his 2 or 3 year run from BJ to Nick Diaz was simply unreal. like Shogun's 4 top 10 wins in 3 months, it will probably never be duplicated.

and a lot of it was on $20 Bushido PPV's, which made it even better.
I can still remember how fucking excited I was when Nick not only survived Gomi, but tapped him with a GoGo.

Remember this. There was a lot of trash talk before Guillard fought Nate. Nate engaged in the stand up in the first 10 seconds before he got dropped with a nasty right hook. Nate surprisingly kept it on the feet for a while before Melvin gassed and fell right into a choke. I'm sure if you asked Nate who has hit him hardest, I'm sure he'd say Melvin.

Last edited:
Could have been Amar Suloev, but...but... dont know why/how he went up to LHW to fight monsters like Chuck, lmao

Jeremy Stephens probably. IIRC he's up there with Anderson Silva in # of knockdowns ever landed and he's a LW/FW
I gotta give a shoutout to Jeremy Stephens
I'd probably have to agree with Melvin and Jeremy
Probably Stephens. You can all "who the fuck is that guy", but Conor had mostly TKOs, not KOs (except Aldo). Stephens really put some guys to sleep. KO!

Jeremy's only scored 3 KOs this decade, in 18 fights. And only 1 of of them occurred at LW.

A lot of new fans don't know how much of a killer Gomi was 13 or 14 years ago. They only see the old washed up version but in his prime the Fireball Kid was a devastating puncher.

tumblr_mkn1uvmr8N1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

WellwornGiddyJunebug.gif

Gomi-NakakuraGifByME.gif~c200

takanori-gomi_mitsuhiro-ishida.gif
He still has power and had a good KO in the UFC.

1678t1s.gif

I would actually give prime Gomi the edge over Guillard and Stevens.

The power was effortless too.

I remember it like it was yesterday, when Gomi was the new big thing in MMA.

Gomi easily. Sadly his love for the night-life took away the skills that allowed him to land strikes effectively.

TakanoriGomi.gif

Currently? Mairbek Taisumov.

26 wins
15 by TKO/KO
currently on a 5-fight TKO/KO winstreak in the UFC.

Some pretty crazy numbers.

giphy.gif

I've never seen anyone, Guillard included, throw as hard as Conor. I can't stand the guy but I'm not going to let that cloud my judgement.

Conor's timing and accuracy not necessarily power. He hits the right spot at the right time. He's never landed a power shot like Stephens did on RDA.

As some people have put, Guillard was a wildman. It's hard to say he didn't hit hardest when he was huge and winging shots like a fuckin psycho, but I wouldn't be surprised if some fighters like Abel Trujillo could outpower him with the same punch/distance traveled.

Conor's got insane power, but he's heavily supported by the technique of precision and timing.

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but MJ has got some great power, but that's supported by his incredible hand speed. Doesn't just hit you fast and hard, hits you before you get a chance to even see it.

No question its Jens Pulver........Prime Jens would have destroyed McTapper.
+ for Pulver. Never seen someone consistently put down so many people with body hooks.

Bj Penn's super underrated here. Heavy hands guy had

A lot of new fans don't know how much of a killer Gomi was 13 or 14 years ago. They only see the old washed up version but in his prime the Fireball Kid was a devastating puncher.

WellwornGiddyJunebug.gif

Thank you

WellwornGiddyJunebug.gif

i came to this topic say gomi too
thanks for the gif man, pride bushido was awesome, the bests fighting the bests with great rules and an awesome atmosphere

Jeremy Stephens has serious power in his hands, I don't think he is a great fighter overall, but he does have big power in his hands

Back