Who is the hardest hitter we´ve ever seen in the lightweight division?

[
A lot of new fans don't know how much of a killer Gomi was 13 or 14 years ago. They only see the old washed up version but in his prime the Fireball Kid was a devastating puncher.

tumblr_mkn1uvmr8N1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

WellwornGiddyJunebug.gif

Gomi-NakakuraGifByME.gif~c200

takanori-gomi_mitsuhiro-ishida.gif

Yep, I think he showed power more consistently at LW than anyone else we've ever seen.

Watching Gomi back then was like watching someone fighting 2-3 weightclasses higher in terms of the tension of someone getting hurt/finished at any moment.

I remember Mighty Mouse giving an interview on FS1 where Tony Ferguson told him that when he fought Barboza he'd never been kicked so hard in his life.

I'd say it's Taisumov unquestionably.

Guillard, Gomi and Stephens power is way overrated by nostalgic dweebs.

Melvin could crack man, I was at his fight when he KO’d Mac Danzig, that was brutality personified.

I gotta give a shoutout to Jeremy Stephens, the uppercut he landed on Dos Anjos was one of the most powerful KO’s I’ve seen.

You sir know your hard hitters

I agree with both, Danzigs cry after that was hard to listen too

The sound RDA’s jaw made I thought Stephens broke his whole face

[

Yep, I think he showed power more consistently at LW than anyone else we've ever seen.

Watching Gomi back then was like watching someone fighting 2-3 weightclasses higher in terms of the tension of someone getting hurt/finished at any moment.
His chin also seemed to be from a higher weight class.

His GNP was great too. He hit extremely hard on the ground.

It is almost disturbing watching him pound out Ishida. I always felt bad for Mach as well.

A lot of those Gomi fights were so violent

No question its Jens Pulver........Prime Jens would have destroyed McTapper.

@147-155 the hardest puncher of all time is Thomas "Hitman" Hearns

Considering he was a natural BW fighting at 160/155 for most of his career, I vote Joachim Hansen for hardest knees.

There are many heavy handed guys at LW division.

But I used to like Melvin Guillard a lot. The guys has 53 fights, 33 wins, 23 by TKO/KO.

And for you sherbro, who´s the hardest hitter we´ve seen at LW?

I know it's a bit off topic, but how many times Melvin basically gave his opponent the W simply by running into some submission? Plus all that missing weight issues...

Gomi.
Guillard.
I think he lack the striking skill to show it, but i believe Matt Serra was heavy handed too

A lot of new fans don't know how much of a killer Gomi was 13 or 14 years ago. They only see the old washed up version but in his prime the Fireball Kid was a devastating puncher.

tumblr_mkn1uvmr8N1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

WellwornGiddyJunebug.gif

Gomi-NakakuraGifByME.gif~c200

takanori-gomi_mitsuhiro-ishida.gif

Damn dude, I came in here to say Gomi, good call brother you win. This time...<{silvanormal}>

Back