Who is the hardest hitter we´ve ever seen in the lightweight division?

Ha ha... For those picking Jeremy Stephens

That makes him the hardest hitter at 155 & 145

Throwing considerable shade on Connor :)

I think Stephens' power is really overstated. He has one KO at FW and it was a knee. Numerous guys have eaten his punches as FW without blinking (to include Barao, who ate several, but was rocked by Dillashaw's punches). I don't think his power translated down to FW for some reason and really he didn't stop that many guys at LW either. The RDA uppercut was brutal but other than that who did he stop with punches? Marcus Davis is the only one I remember and he was so shopworn at that point I'm not sure that is really all that illuminating.

Purely heavy hands, it's probably somebody like Melvin to be honest, but he really didn't have the skill set to do it against the top guys.

My vote is either Penn or RDA actually. Both rocked and dropped numerous top tier fighters at the weight class.

No one hits like Conor at LW.

I will say that I think people have now gone from overstating to understating Conor's power after the Mayweather fight. People look shocked when they get dropped by that left, as thought they didn't expect him to hit as hard as he does. He clearly has very good power but since we are talking at LW the sample size we have to look at is only the Alvarez fight, which probably isn't enough to go on unless we are factoring in his fights at FW.

Numerous guys have eaten his punches as FW without blinking (to include Barao, who ate several, but was rocked by Dillashaw's punches).

So I understand you clearly, Barao, who blacked out cutting weight trying to make 135lbs, hitting his head, cancelling his rematch with TJ, is better able to take a punch at 145lbs?

You don't say....

So I understand you clearly, Barao, who blacked out cutting weight trying to make 135lbs, hitting his head, cancelling his rematch with TJ, is better able to take a punch at 145lbs?

You don't say....

That or maybe a guy that has one TKO victory at FW, from a knee no less, doesn't hit as hard as people seem to think?

P.S. Did you watch the second TJ fight that actually did happen? TJ put him down with punches again so......

That or maybe a guy that has one TKO victory at FW, from a knee no less, doesn't hit as hard as people seem to think?
He also has a KO over Rony Jason at FW.
P.S. Did you watch the second TJ fight that actually did happen? TJ put him down with punches again so......
Because he is a significantly more skilled striker. Not necessarily because he hits harder.

Cerrone's knockouts of Story and Brown.
As for Pettis don't you remember the way he flattened both Cerrone and Lauzon.
Cerrone has good not great power with his kicks. But he is a great finisher once he has someone hurt.

He also has a KO over Rony Jason at FW.

Because he is a significantly more skilled striker. Not necessarily because he hits harder.

The Jason KO was a kick (albeit a brutal one).

TJ is more skilled but both he and Stephens both landed a ton of punches on Barao and only one of them finished him.

Cerrone has good not great power with his kicks. But he is a great finisher once he has someone hurt.
Did you see him KO Brown - Cerrone has great power. And what do you need to hurt someone... A considerable amount of power, can't really KO someone without power.

Back