Who is the hardest hitter we´ve ever seen in the lightweight division?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
There are many heavy handed guys at LW division.

But I used to like Melvin Guillard a lot. The guys has 53 fights, 33 wins, 23 by TKO/KO.

And for you sherbro, who´s the hardest hitter we´ve seen at LW?

Jeremy Stephens probably. IIRC he's up there with Anderson Silva in # of knockdowns ever landed and he's a LW/FW

Melvin could crack man, I was at his fight when he KO’d Mac Danzig, that was brutality personified.

I gotta give a shoutout to Jeremy Stephens, the uppercut he landed on Dos Anjos was one of the most powerful KO’s I’ve seen.

BJ Penn. I can type out a nice argument and facts backing this up, but I don't really think it's necessary.

Could be Cerrone or maybe Pettis.
giphy.gif

Conor Mcgregor

Sherdoggers treat Conor's skills & accomplishments just like Ronda does her Holm loss
Keep pretending you bums

Jeremy Stephens probably. IIRC he's up there with Anderson Silva in # of knockdowns ever landed and he's a LW/FW
Nope. Guillard has the record for KO at LW division in the UFC. With 7.

Edit: You said knockdowns, I understood knockouts. Sorry.

I'd probably have to agree with Melvin and Jeremy. If we're talking kicks, its Edson.

A lot of new fans don't know how much of a killer Gomi was 13 or 14 years ago. They only see the old washed up version but in his prime the Fireball Kid was a devastating puncher.

tumblr_mkn1uvmr8N1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

WellwornGiddyJunebug.gif

Gomi-NakakuraGifByME.gif~c200

takanori-gomi_mitsuhiro-ishida.gif

Last edited:
as a conor nuthugger, it's not conor.

dudes power gets overrated so much, he's a decent hitter but it's his timing, accuracy, technique, counters, etc etc.

probably guillard or prime gomi.

Probably Stephens. You can all "who the fuck is that guy", but Conor had mostly TKOs, not KOs (except Aldo). Stephens really put some guys to sleep. KO!

A lot new fans don't know how much of a killer Gomi was 13 or 14 years ago. They only see the old washed up version but in his prime the Fireball Kid was a devastating puncher.
his 2 or 3 year run from BJ to Nick Diaz was simply unreal. like Shogun's 4 top 10 wins in 3 months, it will probably never be duplicated.

and a lot of it was on $20 Bushido PPV's, which made it even better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back