Who is going to be the Women's Flyweight champion at the end of the year ?

I think it's going to be either Care or No Ones

I'm looking forward for that match between No Ones vs Care

This would be a much more interesting question if they didn't log jam this shit and force 2 number 1 contenders to fight while we fucking wait for TUF. At least one of those contenders should have gotten their shot already, so it would have been more as a gauntlet than a mini tourney

I think Manon can beat Grasso, but don't know if she will against Blanchfield, and Grasso and Val seem pretty close to even. Won't be Rose though. She won't get a shot by year's end, and she ain't beating these top 4 unless something severely changes
I mostly agree with you. Rose can certainly beat Fiorot though. She made it close and even managed to outstrike Manon fighting with one hand and in France. Valentina is 36 and clearly past her prime. She looks beatable these days. Grasso would be a close fight. Blanchfield is a bad stylistic match-up for Rose.

Rose dislocated a finger on her lead hand in the first round. A one-handed Rose still managed to outstrike Fiorot.

View attachment 1036272

View attachment 1036273

Rose may have landed a few more leg kicks but she lost every round via striking. Maybe things go differently without a dislocated finger but her last fight was not inspiring and Ribas is a fairly weak striker.

Rose dislocated a finger on her lead hand in the first round. A one-handed Rose still managed to outstrike Fiorot.

View attachment 1036272

View attachment 1036273
Still doesn't change the fact she has no power and is at a size disadvantage. It's not an issue of Rose not being skilled enough to hang with the top of the division, it's the issue of her having no stopping power at 125 and that she's undersized. Manon wasn't as skilled as rose to be able to fully take advantage of this but other girls like Alexa and Val are.

I'd like to see Manon winning the title against Grasso, but I think that it will be Shevchenko successfully defending against Blanchfield.
This is somehow strangely likely. I'm a Grasso fan, and picked her to win the second fight. The short history of it is, I gave her a ~15% chance to win the first fight. I was one of the people who legitimately wasn't shocked she won. I thought the gap would widen in the second, but Valentina held her own and imo would have won if she would have just circled and jab, thus making less mistakes. Boring, yes. But she just seems to have superior fight IQ and maybe even talent, and if she still has just enough hunger in her for one more performance, she may finally get it.

Still doesn't change the fact she has no power and is at a size disadvantage. It's not an issue of Rose not being skilled enough to hang with the top of the division, it's the issue of her having no stopping power at 125 and that she's undersized. Manon wasn't as skilled as rose to be able to fully take advantage of this but other girls like Alexa and Val are.
Some people seem to believe Rose is still the same skinny girl from TUF. Fiorot, who's a huge flyweight, only had 4 pounds on Rose. Rose was 135 lbs against Fiorot and most likely a few pounds heavier than that last night. Valentina was 130 lbs against Santos. If Rose faced Valentina, she would outweigh her by 5-8 lbs inside the cage. Is Valentina, the FW GOAT, undersized at 125 too?

People need to stop with the absurd narrative that Rose is too small. She's taller and walks around heavier than Val.

If Rose fails to make a good run at 125, it's not because of her size.

Fiorot Namajunas cage weight.jpg

Some people seem to believe Rose is still the same skinny girl from TUF. Fiorot, who's a huge flyweight, only had 4 pounds on Rose. Rose was 135 lbs against Fiorot and most likely a few pounds heavier than that last night. Valentina was 130 lbs against Santos. If Rose faced Valentina, she would outweigh her by 5-8 lbs inside the cage. Is Valentina, the FW GOAT, undersized at 125 too?

People need to stop with the absurd narrative that Rose is too small. She's taller and walks around heavier than Val.

If Rose fails to make a good run at 125, it's not because of her size.

View attachment 1036288
Eh.. Fair enough but I still don't believe she has stopping power at this weight and the girls in the top 5 definitely hit harder than her. Rose was landing some good clean counters the other night with Ribas and she barely looked bothered. How is she going to stop someone like Maycee who is a wrecking ball that won't stop going forward when she has no power?

This is somehow strangely likely. I'm a Grasso fan, and picked her to win the second fight. The short history of it is, I gave her a ~15% chance to win the first fight. I was one of the people who legitimately wasn't shocked she won. I thought the gap would widen in the second, but Valentina held her own and imo would have won if she would have just circled and jab, thus making less mistakes. Boring, yes. But she just seems to have superior fight IQ and maybe even talent, and if she still has just enough hunger in her for one more performance, she may finally get it.
I'd be glad if Grasso won the third fight. I thought she had a brilliant inspiration in the first, but I was maybe more impressed with the second fight, because I wasn't really confident (at all) about Grasso's ability to outpoint Val. Well she didn't, actually, but few can boast going toe to toe with Shevchenko. The draw seemed really fair too (IIRC).

Now the third fight... I think that my reasoning isn't really rational, but it's something along the lines of "no way Shevchenko doesn't win at least one of the three fights with Grasso". Make no mistake, I love Alexa (so much that I wouldn't be that sad if she ever beat my fellow countrywoman -is that even a word ?- Fiorot in a title fight), but going 2-0-1 against Valentina, with at least one finish, would be crazy. Even Nunes didn't get a finish.

Of course, the question of Shevchenko's age is legitimate. But she's so skilled that IMO, beating her will remain a feat until she retires.

Anyway, preparing for 3 fights against Val in a row can only make Alexa better, and it's a pleasure to see a sweet girl like her with the belt.

I am leaning towards Manon because she is somewhat a known product. We know more or less what she can do and can't do. Blanchfield is a solid contender too but she gets away with some issues by having decent wrestling/grappling. Her striking isn't all there. Blanchfield has good ring IQ though.

Eh.. Fair enough but I still don't believe she has stopping power at this weight and the girls in the top 5 definitely hit harder than her. Rose was landing some good clean counters the other night with Ribas and she barely looked bothered. How is she going to stop someone like Maycee who is a wrecking ball that won't stop going forward when she has no power?
Maycee is really bad when you force her to fight at range. Maycee does her best work when she is allowed to walk someone down against the cage. Rose has really good distance control and she usually fights at range. Rose doesn't need power to avoid Maycee. Maycee's footwork is poor and she doesn't have an effective kicking game to fight from outside. Maycee has some karate kicks but they are thrown with no intention of landing. There are no setups or traps. It is just throwing a kick and knowing it's not going to land.

I think this fight will be a stinker. Rose is just going to do her usual side to side movement while countering and Maycee is going to be missing air. Rose isn't willing to take chances and be aggressive. Wrestling/grappling wise I believe Rose has the edge too. Maycee can't wrestle well and she does a lot of fence wrestling without taking down the opponent.

Maycee is really bad when you force her to fight at range. Maycee does her best work when she is allowed to walk someone down against the cage. Rose has really good distance control and she usually fights at range. Rose doesn't need power to avoid Maycee. Maycee's footwork is poor and she doesn't have an effective kicking game to fight from outside. Maycee has some karate kicks but they are thrown with no intention of landing. There are no setups or traps. It is just throwing a kick and knowing it's not going to land.

I think this fight will be a stinker. Rose is just going to do her usual side to side movement while countering and Maycee is going to be missing air. Rose isn't willing to take chances and be aggressive. Wrestling/grappling wise I believe Rose has the edge too. Maycee can't wrestle well and she does a lot of fence wrestling without taking down the opponent.
Great break down. Without a doubt Rose is more skilled than her, but Maycee is super game and is not afraid of making fights messy. We know Rose's biggest weakness is her mental game and I feel as if Rose doesn't show up at 100% mentally, Maycee could take her into deep waters and break her down mentally and win that way.

Great break down. Without a doubt Rose is more skilled than her, but Maycee is super game and is not afraid of making fights messy. We know Rose's biggest weakness is her mental game and I feel as if Rose doesn't show up at 100% mentally, Maycee could take her into deep waters and break her down mentally and win that way.
Yea there is the Rose brain fart that makes fights way more competitive vs on paper. I don't know what it is but she fights to the level of the opponent.

Back