Who is going to be the Women's Flyweight champion at the end of the year ?

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Valentina Shevchenko
Alexa Grasso
Rose Namajunas
Erin Blanchfield
Manon Fiorot
Somebody else?

Can somebody make a poll?

This would be a much more interesting question if they didn't log jam this shit and force 2 number 1 contenders to fight while we fucking wait for TUF. At least one of those contenders should have gotten their shot already, so it would have been more as a gauntlet than a mini tourney

I think Manon can beat Grasso, but don't know if she will against Blanchfield, and Grasso and Val seem pretty close to even. Won't be Rose though. She won't get a shot by year's end, and she ain't beating these top 4 unless something severely changes

I’d like old Pat Benatar to give it a shot.

I mean, what the hell else does she have going on?

Definitely not Rose. Her fight last night was more competitive than it should have been and she has no power at this weight. Not to mention she gets overpowered quite easily by the bigger fly weight girls as we saw with Manon.

I'd like to see Manon winning the title against Grasso, but I think that it will be Shevchenko successfully defending against Blanchfield.
Imo Blanchfield has the wrestling and submission game to finish Shevchenko. Are they actually gonna fight? I have no idea what's going on with that division.

I thought Blanchfield was the clear next for the TS but I guess not. If she (Erin) gets past this next test I would favor her to earn and retain the title

Imo Blanchfield has the wrestling and submission game to finish Shevchenko. Are they actually gonna fight? I have no idea what's going on with that division.
Not yet, I just had a feeling that both Grasso and Fiorot would lose their next fight, because about every fighter I like gets KTFO lately lol. In this scenario, Shevchenko and Blanchfield would fight next yeah.

I agree about Blanchfield, honestly she's really good. But I think that, while she will probably beat Fiorot, Shevchenko is a lot more experienced at the highest level, and I'd give her the edge. But can Blanchfield become champion ? Absolutely, I'm quite sure she will, and probably very soon.

Not yet, I just had a feeling that both Grasso and Fiorot would lose their next fight, because about every fighter I like gets KTFO lately lol. In this scenario, Shevchenko and Blanchfield would fight next yeah.

I agree about Blanchfield, honestly she's really good. But I think that, while she will probably beat Fiorot, Shevchenko is a lot more experienced at the highest level, and I'd give her the edge. But can Blanchfield become champion ? Absolutely, I'm quite sure she will, and probably very soon.
Erin is so dang young, she has time even if she doesn't get the belt in her first go.

Erin is so dang young, she has time even if she doesn't get the belt in her first go.
Her being quite literally one of the very best current wmma fighter, at her age, is impressive. It's also a very good thing for the sport IMO.
Fiorot on the other hand, while being good, will probably have only one chance at a TS, especially in such a tough weight class.

Assuming we can get 2 title fights before EOY, Id say Valentina reclaims her belt and then defends against Blanchfield. ( althought Im rooting for Fiorot and either one of these 2 against Val/Grasso ).

Definitely not Rose. Her fight last night was more competitive than it should have been and she has no power at this weight. Not to mention she gets overpowered quite easily by the bigger fly weight girls as we saw with Manon.
Rose dislocated a finger on her lead hand in the first round. A one-handed Rose still managed to outstrike Fiorot.

F5GlWF7XgAAItd3.jpg_large.jpg

Screenshot_20240321_112621_Chrome.jpg

Grasso and Valentina aren't fighting until September so probably the winner of that.
Exactly what I was thinking. I favor Grasso though. Valentina is 36 and has a lot of mileage. She didn't look as good as she used to in her last 3 fights. She's clearly past her prime and time isn't on her side. The fight taking place a whole year after the their last one benefits Alexa.

Back