Who here wanted/ wants to be a fighter?

too old but I still train as a hobby.

I've been training at Fabio Prado BJJ so I get to train with most of the Alpha Male guys/girls.

I'm 27 years old, trained 11 years and my MMA record 2-2 as an amateur

Maybe I'll take a pro fight or 2 but I'm not going to try to get beat up on TV
This is cool, do you any of the big fighters at TAM? You ever get kneed in the head by TJ?

From 15 on I dreamt of being a fighter. I thought it was a romantic lifestyle. One on one, my preparation and will against yours. How many of you young bucks still have the dream alive? Are any of you going to do anything about it or let time and age make the choice for you? What about just dreaming of winning a martial arts tournament someday? Anyone?
As someone that's currently having that as a goal and that started out boxing then going to wrestling at a very young age, I have to say, if you want to be a fighter, it's something you truly have to live for and I mean like eat, sleep, and breathe MMA. it takes full dedication and I truly believe it's the toughest sport in the world. I highly recommend to anyone that just loves the competition side just to train and maybe do like local grappling tournaments or kickboxing matches or maybe even have some ammy fights. if you're one of those few people that not only wants to compete, but to shoot for the big bucks, then you have to dedicate your time to it, sacrificing your outside life will occur with that too. there's wayyyyy more ways in life to be successful and get paid, I understand some want to just get popular and have fame, money, all the women... but it takes serious dedication to be a true MMA fighter or any kind of fighter.

as for me, I'm 24, my college dream of wrestling at OSU (where I had planned on going and was accepted) I had given all of that up to train full on MMA and I freaking regret it. I understand there's no money in wrestling, but man, I use to love the competition that wrestling brought to the table. I'm not really looking at it for money rn.. I just want to compete, so we're gonna just keep on training, keep on getting better and we'll see how things go. who knows, you might see me in the big leagues one day? idk.

I do grappling tournaments here and there just to keep my grappling on another level. given my age, I'm gonna have to go straight into pro and given my skill set and what I know I'm capable of doing, I know I'll be fine with that, but who knows. would I like to get a UFC contract and fight for a UFC world title someday? hell yea, what fighter wouldn't?? but as for me, I just love the competition part and don't really care much for the money or getting paid for it.

As someone that's currently having that as a goal and that started out boxing then going to wrestling at a very young age, I have to say, if you want to be a fighter, it's something you truly have to live for and I mean like eat, sleep, and breathe MMA. it takes full dedication and I truly believe it's the toughest sport in the world. I highly recommend to anyone that just loves the competition side just to train and maybe do like local grappling tournaments or kickboxing matches or maybe even have some ammy fights. if you're one of those few people that not only wants to compete, but to shoot for the big bucks, then you have to dedicate your time to it, sacrificing your outside life will occur with that too. there's wayyyyy more ways in life to be successful and get paid, I understand some want to just get popular and have fame, money, all the women... but it takes serious dedication to be a true MMA fighter or any kind of fighter.

as for me, I'm 24, my college dream of wrestling at OSU (where I had planned on going and was accepted) I had given all of that up to train full on MMA and I freaking regret it. I understand there's no money in wrestling, but man, I use to love the competition that wrestling brought to the table. I'm not really looking at it for money rn.. I just want to compete, so we're gonna just keep on training, keep on getting better and we'll see how things go. who knows, you might see me in the big leagues one day? idk.

I do grappling tournaments here and there just to keep my grappling on another level. given my age, I'm gonna have to go straight into pro and given my skill set and what I know I'm capable of doing, I know I'll be fine with that, but who knows. would I like to get a UFC contract and fight for a UFC world title someday? hell yea, what fighter wouldn't?? but as for me, I just love the competition part and don't really care much for the money.
I agree fully. You want to be an MMA fighter but decided not to wrestle at OSU? That's by far the best wrestling program in the country and base for MMA. Worked out pretty well for T-wood and Cormier. Why didn't you decide to wrestle at OSU?

From a small town, all we had to do was fight. Watched UFC1 in the 90's and got interested in training, but a bad accident and surgery ended any chance of that.

I wanted to maybe 30 years ago, but then i realized getting punched in the face doesn't feel good.

I had the mindset and hunger for it. But not the body. Lost my prime (25-31) by not having a body that worked.

Still got some fights in Thailand. So i have at least been in the ring.

I already train, still young af and i'm thinking about competing in a couple of amateur fights. Going pro is not in my plans unless i look like fucking Mighty Mouse up in that bitch!

I'd like to start training, I'm only 15.
15 year olds in the gym are the killers in the gym. Everyone knows it except themselves. You should start now. You will look back and regret it if you start any later. You could be a black belt by 23. You could train all day and recover by the next day. And the teachers will give you way more attention.

15 year olds in the gym are the killers in the gym. Everyone knows it except themselves. You should start now. You will look back and regret it if you start any later. You could be a black belt by 23. You could train all day and recover by the next day.
I know, I'm scared that if I start later, it'll be too late.

I agree fully. You want to be an MMA fighter but decided not to wrestle at OSU? That's by far the best wrestling program in the country and base for MMA. Worked out pretty well for T-wood and Cormier. Why didn't you decide to wrestle at OSU?
My dad thought it was better for me at the time being and I did too, I was in that young and dumb stage where I thought I already had a good wrestling pedigree and that I was ready for full on MMA and I was ready to get my MMA dream started and become fully well rounded, I got accepted then immediately just declined and I went to the MMA gym at the time that was local and began working my Muay Thai, BJJ, other aspects in to implement into my game. I highly recommend to anyone that see's this post too, if you get accepted at a high profile college such as OSU or just get accepted and get to go on to college wrestling, do it. It's too late for me to do that now, hence why I just do grappling tournaments and it takes me back to the days of wrestling, but it's using BJJ too which I've grown to love. I regret it fully, but all I can do is move on and hope for the best. It would've been nice to wrestle in college, then maybe would've someday shot for Olympic wrestling.

From 15 on I dreamt of being a fighter. I thought it was a romantic lifestyle. One on one, my preparation and will against yours. How many of you young bucks still have the dream alive? Are any of you going to do anything about it or let time and age make the choice for you? What about just dreaming of winning a martial arts tournament someday? Anyone?
Not really, that pay is horrible
Mine is to be like the Fertitias
The alpha men who run the world

I wanted to train more, but I have shitty discpline, only ever trained for a couple for months at a time, could injure myself in a padded room, and worked 60 hours per week as a chef.

This is cool, do you any of the big fighters at TAM? You ever get kneed in the head by TJ?
haha naw I've never met TJ but trained with Duane - super nice guy.
I've trained with Fili, Buchholz, Castillo, Faber, Teru, Paige, Cody and Cynthia. and I haven't sparred any of them yet. Just hitting pads or grappling if anything

Never to be an actual fighter. But wouldnt mind having Wanderlei skills in the parking lot of a bar... ;)

Let’s stick conor’s head up Dana’s ass and watch him fight for air.

Back