Who here wanted/ wants to be a fighter?

I already fight with my wife everyday...

I have no wins on my record. She has more than Rickson Gracie against me. All ko’s.

Then just to Punk me further, she makes me sit on the couch and watch Ronda’s shadow boxing videos.

It wasn't even a choice for me. What else is a 6'6", 295 (completely shredded) individual, like myself, to do? Become a barista? Of course I banged my way to a 53-0 bare knuckle street fight record. I'm not alone. Shout-out to my fellow Alpha Sherbros.

I was very reluctant to post this because I don't want to seem arrogant and like I have a big ego. But I have to be honest with you all and say it how it is.... I don't wanna brag but I am undefeated in UFC, current record of 0-0... never been defeated inside the octagon.

I am 39 and would have loved to go in there and fight like Gathje does. Grab a devastating KO or 2.

I also believe I would need to bring my pillow and blanky because I am 100% positive I would encounter someone that would KO me also.

Would be fun!......Ummmm....Why am I on the floor Big John?

I was very reluctant to post this because I don't want to seem arrogant and like I have a big ego. But I have to be honest with you all and say it how it is.... I don't wanna brag but I am undefeated in UFC, current record of 0-0... never been defeated inside the octagon.

Future looks bright!
No broken limbs, no 20 surgeries like Big Nog.
Keep it up bro.

When I was young/dumb/naive enough to hold aspirations of being a professional athlete, I dreamed of playing a sport where you don't get paid peanuts to get the shit kicked out of you (MLB).

I wrestled for 7 years (5th-12th), that was enough. CTE ain't for me.

Same here. Fuck being a fighter living at a gym living like a monk for months out of the year when trying to prep for a fight. MLB is where it's at. Minimum salary of $500k, average salary of 4 million. You get to play in front of crowds virtually all the time during the season.

haha naw I've never met TJ but trained with Duane - super nice guy.
I've trained with Fili, Buchholz, Castillo, Faber, Teru, Paige, Cody and Cynthia. and I haven't sparred any of them yet. Just hitting pads or grappling if anything
What does Cynthia smell like?

On Sherdog I use a monicker. In real life I am Butterbean

I'd like to start training, I'm only 15.
Do it dude. start young. Idk what grade you're in in high school, but if your school has a wrestling team, I would highly suggest starting there. wrestling IMHO, is the best base in MMA to start/build off of. you see how it's worked out for guys such as DC, Woodley, Weidman, Mendes, Cejudo, etc. I started young at what was at the time, my local wrestling club. best experience I ever gotten, did it all the way through high school too. I loved it dude and I recommend it to you.

I had the mindset and hunger for it. But not the body. Lost my prime (25-31) by not having a body that worked.

Still got some fights in Thailand. So i have at least been in the ring.
That's badass. how is Thai fighting over there? and may I ask, what your record is there if you don't mind sharing?

That's badass. how is Thai fighting over there? and may I ask, what your record is there if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks. I am 5-1 in muay thai fights in Thailand. I wanted to have 10 fights before turning 40. But looks like that gonna be hard.

I definitely want to fight and compete, but I kinda missed the boat because MMA hasn't got a lot of exposure here so I basically stumbled upon the sport at the age of 16 or 17 and I only got the itch to train and fight when I was like 20 or 21, which is a little too late.
Especially since it takes a long time for a European to even get to a promotion that pays you enough to make half of a living. I'd probably have to go like 12-0 for ACB to pick me up or some shit.

I did train some BJJ, some Muay Thai, but never got seriously into MMA to compete. I wish I would've been exposed to the sport at a young age so I could've started earlier and get into MMA.

I started late but when I first started training about 9 years go (I'm 39) my goal was to have at least one ammy mma fight. Just a bucket list kinda thing I guess, plus I like fighting.

I injured both of my wrists a couple years ago and although I can still train, an actual fight is out of the equation at this point, unfortunately.

Hopefully I'll at least be able to compete in sub-grappling again one day.

Back