Who here has caught anything grappling?

Come on, I've had the same surgery 3 times with the same antibiotics. My ears have had multiple fractures. But the surgery isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Each time I usually only take the percocet maybe once during the first day afterward. Just take a 5-7 days off then wear your headgear.

When did I make it sound bad? It looks a lot worse than it is. There is obviously no pain while they're doing it unless they screwed up with the anesthesia. You're right, it isn't painful at all, it's just uncomfortable/annoying.

jeez, anyone else's skin start to crawl a little bit reading these threads?

But is this type of herpes the type that reoccurs or just a one time deal? Meaning do you have to take meds for life like Valtrex lol...

I think it went away for good. Not sure. The symptoms were definately gone and I don't think he was on any pills.

i've gotten the worm twice in 2+ years...once in the very beginning and once recently when i tried out a new gym, whose cleanliness was suspect from the get-go...lesson learned.

this kid got ringworm and it spread to another 2 ppl in just one day of training.

I got teh AIDS.

But really. I got Impetigo, ringworm(several times), and viral warts under my right arm from high school wrestling. I showered every day right after practice.

Dirty people gross me out.

I didnt read through all the posts - did anyone get herpes?

I saw that in a grappling magazine the other day and it freaked me out - you dont even have the fuck any more to get herpes... grappling is close enough.

I got staph last summer. Took me a very long time to get rid of it.

luckily i live at my academy and often sleep right on the mats... they get washed everyday.

but one of my buddies caught impetegnu (type of staph) and ringworm at NAGA... kinda sucks

how's that goin for ya?

it's been about 9 months, and I still love it. It's done wonders for my game... teaching is starting to get on my nerves a bit, but that's only with small kids classes.

I have been using PURE Sanitizer for a while now and have yet to catch anything. It is relatively new...I love the convenience and it doesn't dry out my skin...

My school supplies kenshield and requries for no gi classes that you wear long sleeve pants and a long sleeve rashguard,

My school supplies kenshield and requries for no gi classes that you wear long sleeve pants and a long sleeve rashguard,

what, like Aoki tights? Then how would one show off their stylish assortment of grappling shorts?

currently have r-dub on the back of my neck. supposed to be a rarer kind of ring worm, barber's itch i think its called. had it for about 7 weeks now. i've had ringworm several times now.

I had cauli ear and had it cut open and drained like the above. He fucked up the anesthesia, though, so I felt everything he did, including when he took a pair of scissors to it. After the fact, though, it didn't hurt much at all. I certainly wasn't craving percocets. I did have to sleep on my non-favored side, though, and looked like I had a pair of bloody tampons stitched to my ear for a week.

Got a fungal rash. Doesn't itch, and from the experience of doing plenty of rolling before I realized what it was, I would say it wasn't contagious. It just looks like pale pinkish blots on your skin--usually where your clothing clings to you (like a t-shirt). Doctor didn't fill me a prescription, just said to use standard Lotramin AF and it went away.

Hmm lets see...

Ringworm, MRSA, and impatego. All of them cleared up and haven't gotten anything in the past year and a half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back