Who does Poatan have a better chance at beating for the HW belt? Jones or Aspinall?

Who does Poatan have a better chance at beating for the HW belt?

• Total voters
Jon is not stupid and he has the grappling game to get it done - unless he's high as fuck he'll be taking Alex down ASAP.

Tom is the more winnable fight.

We don’t know how good Jones is at HW because the Gane fight was nothing, sadly. We don’t know how well Pereira does at HW. On a good day he can beat both of them, on a bad day they make it look like he doesn’t belong. Also, Jones will fight neither Tom or Alex. When he heals and sorts out his business with the police, he will face Stipe and retire. You think they are keeping Stipe in the rankings due to his bravery in the firehouse?

Honestly Jones because he's gotten really lazy and slow. Alex would have to really, really train TDD. I don't know if he could pull it off.

But I really do believe that if Alex connected on Jones clean, even once, it would be the end of the fight. Don't think it would happen but if it did I'd say you have to at least consider him in the GOAT conversation

Hands down no question GOAT if he pulled that off lol

Even an out of prime Jones still has a much better ground game than a lot of fighters today, especially at heavyweight. And we all know Jon will win by any means necessary.

Alex can let his hands fly against Aspinall

He'd lose to both, but I'd say Jon if it for some reason stayed standing. But they both would take him down and sub him really easily.

Hard to say, but Alex always surprises with his left hook.

We haven't seen him grapple recently, and TDD. He lost his first MMA fight on the ground, but that was 9 years ago (against Quemuel Ottoni)

Ignoring the Gane fight, Jones hasnt been able to implement his wrestling for years. He is too old.
Gane just really shit the bed.
I’m not ignoring the Gane fight, it’s pretty significant. I think Jones could do the same to Alex too even though I hate Jones and would love to see Alex smash him.

Jones has fought a who’s who of powerful strikers and never looked rocked or dropped from a strike. He understands distance too well and when to initiate the clinch and takedown. Jones would drown him most of you are too blinded by your dislike of Jones outside the cage to give an honest take as to how he would fare.

Over the past decade and a half I’ve been on these boards watching you all try to tell me how “(Fighterx) will finally expose jones.” They won’t he’s the best to ever do it and is too good at literally every conceivable facet of the sport. GOAT shit. Any other fighter is easier for Alex at HW just insert a name.

"Jones lost to Reyes, Gane will expose and destroy him easily"
"Gane is shit fighter with 0 wrestling, <insert name> will expose Jones and destroy him easily"

A tale as old as time, some of y'all gotta stop coping and repeat after me: Jones is the greatest fighter of all time, and he will never lose.

You will feel much much better after, believe me <GrassoBless>

If aspinall fall in love with his hands alex has same chances.

I don't think Aspinall would play the striking game either, his IQ seems to be pretty good in fight situations, he would look to take Alex down as well. I'd say both of them have an equal chance of beating Poatan, as their game plans will probably be similar, take him down at all costs.

I think Jones has a great chin, comparable reach to Alex and is the far better wrestler. I really dont see Alex making it through a round against Jon, unless Jon tries to outstrike him to prove a point, which would be a terrible gameplan.

Jones has fought a who’s who of powerful strikers and never looked rocked or dropped from a strike. He understands distance too well and when to initiate the clinch and takedown. Jones would drown him most of you are too blinded by your dislike of Jones outside the cage to give an honest take as to how he would fare.

Over the past decade and a half I’ve been on these boards watching you all try to tell me how “(Fighterx) will finally expose jones.” They won’t he’s the best to ever do it and is too good at literally every conceivable facet of the sport. GOAT shit. Any other fighter is easier for Alex at HW just insert a name.

Agree, the one caveat here could be Alex calf kicks and Jones chicken calves though.

Back