Whittakers win over Jacare is one of the most underrated wins in MMA history

Whittaker not only shrug Jacare off and avoided the ground game (which not many have been able to do), he completely out struck him, bell to bell with a variety of kicks and punches resulting in a one sided beating of a Brazilian great. And yes, Jacare is great.

Jacare Souza - The hit list

Matt Lindland - Submission
Robbie Lawler - Submission
Tim Kennedy - Decision
Derek Brunson - KO x 2
Ed Herman - Submission
Yushin Okami - Thunderous KO
Mousasi (Sherdogs darling) - Submission
Vitor Belfort - TKO
Tim Barbarian - Submission
Chris Weidman - KO

The losses

Mousasi up kick 10 years ago. Random, unusual but legitimate.
Rockhold - decision that could have went either way.
Romero - Split decision loss that could have went either way.
Whittaker - Real only one sided butchering, masterful performance.
Gastelum - Split decision loss that could have went either way.

I didnt include Jacare's first loss and fight in mma, a KO against some random.

Jacares has 33 pro fights with 6 losses, 3 of those dicey decisions. The other 3? Standard mma debut loss, weird upkick which was easily avenged but the standout is the Whittaker massacre.

Given the level of opponent Jacare is and who he has beaten along with the few losses he has i rate Whittakers win over Jacare one of the most underrated and underappreciated ever. What you guys think? Any more to add?
Good call TS, always thought it was an impressive blowout but this certainly adds some perspective to how big it was.

Whittaker not only shrug Jacare off and avoided the ground game (which not many have been able to do), he completely out struck him, bell to bell with a variety of kicks and punches resulting in a one sided beating of a Brazilian great. And yes, Jacare is great.

Jacare Souza - The hit list

Matt Lindland - Submission
Robbie Lawler - Submission
Tim Kennedy - Decision
Derek Brunson - KO x 2
Ed Herman - Submission
Yushin Okami - Thunderous KO
Mousasi (Sherdogs darling) - Submission
Vitor Belfort - TKO
Tim Barbarian - Submission
Chris Weidman - KO

The losses

Mousasi up kick 10 years ago. Random, unusual but legitimate.
Rockhold - decision that could have went either way.
Romero - Split decision loss that could have went either way.
Whittaker - Real only one sided butchering, masterful performance.
Gastelum - Split decision loss that could have went either way.

I didnt include Jacare's first loss and fight in mma, a KO against some random.

Jacares has 33 pro fights with 6 losses, 3 of those dicey decisions. The other 3? Standard mma debut loss, weird upkick which was easily avenged but the standout is the Whittaker massacre.

Given the level of opponent Jacare is and who he has beaten along with the few losses he has i rate Whittakers win over Jacare one of the most underrated and underappreciated ever. What you guys think? Any more to add?

In all due fairness..Jacare is not a god on the feet tho. On the ground..yes...but hes ok on the feet. Hes no Silva.

Good thread. I had Jacare winning the Romero and Gastelum fights. I'd say of those 2 the Romero decision was worse.

In all due fairness..Jacare is not a god on the feet tho. On the ground..yes...but hes ok on the feet. Hes no Silva.

I think Jacare KO's or submits any version of Anderoid. If Jacare could handle Mousasi on the feet Andy wouldn't have much of a hope

His grappling defense was unbelievable.

Jacare struggled to get him down and once he did, Robert defended beautifully and got right back up. After that, no more takedowns and just picked Jacare apart.

Robert is special, huge fan and love watching him fight.

Youre comparing Jacare to the best striker ever WTF? Which other fighter in Jacares career completely dominated and outclassed him on the feet?

The answer is nobody.

I think Jacare KO's or submits any version of Anderoid. If Jacare could handle Mousasi on the feet Andy wouldn't have much of a hope

Ok..so first off..youve got to lay off the emotions.
I get that you hate silva.
I dont care in the least....but on the feet, anderson CLEARLY schools Jacare. Andersons footwork and accuracy, head movement and speed..prime (or possibly PED) andy would destroy BOTH of them standing. Moose would be a better stand up fight.

But on the ground..id give it to Jacare all day for both fighters.

Jacare vs Moose...Moose needs to KO Jacare on the feet...and again, if it goes to the ground...game over IMO.

What an amazing story of a fighter too. Gets rocked by prime Wonderboy in devastating fashion. Goes up a weight class and murders everyone the UFC puts in front of him including 2 wins against Romero and getting the belt. Lasting 50 minutes with Romero is his biggest accolade in my opinion. Romero murdered the shit out of anyone else in that division, look at Weidman and Rockhold they are practically retired from Romero. If Bisping had stayed and fought Romero what TRT Vitor did to him would of seemed like a walk in the park.

But Jacare is like the gate keeper of his division like Junior Dos Santos is (or was) of the Heavyweights. If a heavyweight can beat JDS, they can hold a belt for sure.

That is seriously fucking impressive. Everybody else doesn't even make it 15 minutes with Romero.

Youre comparing Jacare to the best striker ever WTF? Which other fighter in Jacares career completely dominated and outclassed him on the feet?

The answer is nobody.

Re read the post. I was responding to a question.

His grappling defense was unbelievable.

Jacare struggled to get him down and once he did, Robert defended beautifully and got right back up. After that, no more takedowns and just picked Jacare apart.

Robert is special, huge fan and love watching him fight.

Robert is going to be another champion who demonstrates incredible skill with every fight but the UFC doesn't like him because he doesn't sell, so they try to get rid of him as champion instead of embrace him.

Ok..so first off..youve got to lay off the emotions.
I get that you hate silva.
I dont care in the least....but on the feet, anderson CLEARLY schools Jacare. Andersons footwork and accuracy, head movement and speed..prime (or possibly PED) andy would destroy BOTH of them standing. Moose would be a better stand up fight.

But on the ground..id give it to Jacare all day for both fighters.

Jacare vs Moose...Moose needs to KO Jacare on the feet...and again, if it goes to the ground...game over IMO.

It's pretty crazy that Anderson flashy KO's against non-strikers (or at least non elite strikers) made everyone oblivious to all his technical flaws on the feet.

As far as how I feel about Silva, I've gone through periods of cheering like crazy for him and fervently wanting him to lose. One thing for sure is that his fights are always intriguing.

Robert is going to be another champion who demonstrates incredible skill with every fight but the UFC doesn't like him because he doesn't sell, so they try to get rid of him as champion instead of embrace him.
Respectfully disagree, he may not be a ppv draw in the U.S but he can sellout a 50k arena here in Australia, no doubt.

How is it underrated? Because its a good win and you say its underrated? Don't follow the logic there.

Its Rob's best win. So hell no it's not underrated. Rob's biggest test has been Romero and he squeaked by him. Don't feel KG is a top 5 MW so I hope Rob starches him but it won't mean much to me.

How is it underrated? Because its a good win and you say its underrated? Don't follow the logic there.

Its Rob's best win. So hell no it's not underrated. Rob's biggest test has been Romero and he squeaked by him. Don't feel KG is a top 5 MW so I hope Rob starches him but it won't mean much to me.
I guess im paying homage to Jacares fantastic career to date, also people remember the Romero wins of Whittakers. Alsooo nobody does to Jacare what Whittaker did. Nobody. Seriously underrated win.

I guess im paying homage to Jacares fantastic career to date, also people remember the Romero wins of Whittakers. Alsooo nobody does to Jacare what Whittaker did. Nobody. Seriously underrated win.
Hell yeah Jacare's stock shot up after finishing Weidman and in a way so did Rob's.

This just makes me sad that Jacare never got a legit title shot, and its literally because he's Brazilian. Maybe he should have changed his name to Ronaldo 'Irish' Souza or something...cough Brenan Ward...cough

Jorge Patino's win over Jacare is also underrated

Note the respect Patino had for the future great Jacare, by not delivering unsescary blows.

I admit I used to shit on the Strikeforce middleweights, but I always had a soft spot for Jacare. Very respectable fighter.

Was pretty pissed when Luke beat him.

Back