Whittakers win over Jacare is one of the most underrated wins in MMA history

This just makes me sad that Jacare never got a legit title shot, and its literally because he's Brazilian. Maybe he should have changed his name to Ronaldo 'Irish' Souza or something...cough Brenan Ward...cough
To be fair he always lost the fight that would have cemented his TS.

Jorge Patino's win over Jacare is also underrated

Note the respect Patino had for the future great Jacare, by not delivering unsescary blows.

i didnt even know who this dude was, how embarrassing. given it was jacares first fight though its not as impressive, a great story to tell the grandkids though.

IMO, Whittaker is the most talented and dangerous man on the UFC roster.

giphy.gif

tumblr_osttmcLXq01u6fe5yo1_500.gif

Now that's a jab.

Yup, Jacare is a beast and never really got his shot at the title. He is a dangerous opponent against any fighter since you basically need good TDD, better striking and good conditioning in order to stop that gator.

Whittaker not dying in the 2nd Romero fight should make him the most famous man on earth imo

Give Jacare his shot next. Dude is an awesome fighter and should have gotten the TS after he KOed Okami.

I’m loving the Jacare appreciation, one of my favorite fighters.

Respectfully disagree, he may not be a ppv draw in the U.S but he can sellout a 50k arena here in Australia, no doubt.
100%

Ask yourself where the UFCs biggest selling events were held. Then they got an Australian champion in one of two toughest divs.

UFC and RW should make a ton of money in Aus next year starting with Gastelum

Yeah good Op Ts. Its not a shock really as to why Whittaker is under appreciated on here. They love disrespectful wwe antics over a genuine man. His our first oz champ, family man, very exciting fighter and a good bloke. Dont know him personally but have a few mates that have trained with him and they say his all class.

About the fight I was worried for Bob because its a huge step up in comp against Jacare and tbh I thought he had a 10% chance to win. I ended up screaming jumping around going mental and vowing never to under estimate The Reaper ever ever again.

It's definitely one of the best wins in mma history. Jacare has never lost a fight by a wide margin before, he beat Romero and Kelvin too in my opinion.

jacare is a stud. love that dude. he is awesome. my favourites in MW are gastelum, romero and jacare. I do like luke as a fighter but he has regressed alot.

Yoel being built like a teenage mutant ninja turtle helped him there.
Look how the force travels through his muscles. How real was his LHW tko? Was it dillashaw Dodson like? His chin seems like iron.

What an amazing story of a fighter too. Gets rocked by prime Wonderboy in devastating fashion. Goes up a weight class and murders everyone the UFC puts in front of him including 2 wins against Romero and getting the belt. Lasting 50 minutes with Romero is his biggest accolade in my opinion. Romero murdered the shit out of anyone else in that division, look at Weidman and Rockhold they are practically retired from Romero. If Bisping had stayed and fought Romero what TRT Vitor did to him would of seemed like a walk in the park.

But Jacare is like the gate keeper of his division like Junior Dos Santos is (or was) of the Heavyweights. If a heavyweight can beat JDS, they can hold a belt for sure.

I have a theory that Whittaker kills everyone at MW besides Yoel.

Whittaker not only shrug Jacare off and avoided the ground game (which not many have been able to do), he completely out struck him, bell to bell with a variety of kicks and punches resulting in a one sided beating of a Brazilian great. And yes, Jacare is great.

Jacare Souza - The hit list

Matt Lindland - Submission
Robbie Lawler - Submission
Tim Kennedy - Decision
Derek Brunson - KO x 2
Ed Herman - Submission
Yushin Okami - Thunderous KO
Mousasi (Sherdogs darling) - Submission
Vitor Belfort - TKO
Tim Barbarian - Submission
Chris Weidman - KO

The losses

Mousasi up kick 10 years ago. Random, unusual but legitimate.
Rockhold - decision that could have went either way.
Romero - Split decision loss that could have went either way.
Whittaker - Real only one sided butchering, masterful performance.
Gastelum - Split decision loss that could have went either way.

I didnt include Jacare's first loss and fight in mma, a KO against some random.

Jacares has 33 pro fights with 6 losses, 3 of those dicey decisions. The other 3? Standard mma debut loss, weird upkick which was easily avenged but the standout is the Whittaker massacre.

Given the level of opponent Jacare is and who he has beaten along with the few losses he has i rate Whittakers win over Jacare one of the most underrated and underappreciated ever. What you guys think? Any more to add?
seeing him butcher weidman, is something i thought i would never see. The due might be a a middleweight top 5. Dude is epic. Idk if i want to see him vs whittaker again tho. Feel its the new generation turn, and whittaker kinda worked him out. but that my opinion.

Hence why Weidman deserves the next title shot, he was destroying Jacare easily before getting fluke KOd.

<RawexDidThis1>

100%

Ask yourself where the UFCs biggest selling events were held. Then they got an Australian champion in one of two toughest divs.

UFC and RW should make a ton of money in Aus next year starting with Gastelum

Ticket sales are nice, but doesn't UFC measure success on PPV sales? Surely that's where they'd make the bulk of their money?

Injured, or not. Whittaker beats every version of Jacare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back