Whittakers win over Jacare is one of the most underrated wins in MMA history

The Witcher

відродитися
@Silver
Reaction score
Whittaker not only shrug Jacare off and avoided the ground game (which not many have been able to do), he completely out struck him, bell to bell with a variety of kicks and punches resulting in a one sided beating of a Brazilian great. And yes, Jacare is great.

Jacare Souza - The hit list

Matt Lindland - Submission
Robbie Lawler - Submission
Tim Kennedy - Decision
Derek Brunson - KO x 2
Ed Herman - Submission
Yushin Okami - Thunderous KO
Mousasi (Sherdogs darling) - Submission
Vitor Belfort - TKO
Tim Barbarian - Submission
Chris Weidman - KO

The losses

Mousasi up kick 10 years ago. Random, unusual but legitimate.
Rockhold - decision that could have went either way.
Romero - Split decision loss that could have went either way.
Whittaker - Real only one sided butchering, masterful performance.
Gastelum - Split decision loss that could have went either way.

I didnt include Jacare's first loss and fight in mma, a KO against some random.

Jacares has 33 pro fights with 6 losses, 3 of those dicey decisions. The other 3? Standard mma debut loss, weird upkick which was easily avenged but the standout is the Whittaker massacre.

Given the level of opponent Jacare is and who he has beaten along with the few losses he has i rate Whittakers win over Jacare one of the most underrated and underappreciated ever. What you guys think? Any more to add?

True dat. Jacare is a fucking tough matchup for anyone.

Nothing to add, but I co-sign your point.

I think he’s probably exiting his MMA prime, but Jacare is one of the ten best BJJ players of all time, and has had an absolutely phenomenal MMA career. He might be one of the best fighters to never fight for a UFC belt.

Jacare is a a monster. Proved by the latest Weidman win when he looked unstoppable.

Jacare came injured in that fight with torn bicep.

IMO, Whittaker is the most talented and dangerous man on the UFC roster.

giphy.gif

tumblr_osttmcLXq01u6fe5yo1_500.gif

Jacare is an animal and he deserves the winner of Whittaker/Gastelum.

Gotta agree with all points OP made. Jacare is one of the best to have never fought for a ufc title which is crazy.

Bloody beautiful.

What an amazing story of a fighter too. Gets rocked by prime Wonderboy in devastating fashion. Goes up a weight class and murders everyone the UFC puts in front of him including 2 wins against Romero and getting the belt. Lasting 50 minutes with Romero is his biggest accolade in my opinion. Romero murdered the shit out of anyone else in that division, look at Weidman and Rockhold they are practically retired from Romero. If Bisping had stayed and fought Romero what TRT Vitor did to him would of seemed like a walk in the park.

But Jacare is like the gate keeper of his division like Junior Dos Santos is (or was) of the Heavyweights. If a heavyweight can beat JDS, they can hold a belt for sure.

It is a great win considering how great Jacare is but let's not forget Jacare came into that fight injured.

And shame on you for calling his first opponent Jorge Patino a "random!" Jorge was a good fighter who started out his career 16-0, has about 60 fights, fought all around the world against many great fighters and even fought for a UFC championship! He is not just some "random."

It is a great win considering how great Jacare is but let's not forget Jacare came into that fight injured.

And shame on you for calling his first opponent Jorge Patino a "random!" Jorge was a good fighter who started out his career 16-0, has about 60 fights, fought all around the world against many great fighters and even fought for a UFC championship! He is not just some "random."
Apologies on Patino. I wont pretend like i know who he is/was.

I never buy into the whole injured thing though. They fought and the result remained.

Apologies on Patino. I wont pretend like i know who he is/was.

I never buy into the whole injured thing though. They fought and the result remained.
It's all good. Most people don't know who Jorge is but he is a very solid veteran.

As for the injuries, I can only chalk that up to Jacare being a warrior and not pulling out of the fight. I still give a lot of credit to Whittaker for winning and I like how you give credit to Jacare's greatness in the OP. But I do believe a healthy Jacare could win a rematch, even at this advanced age. We also don't know how those wars with Yoel affected RW. I guess we will find out when he fights another great fighter in Gastelum.

Jacare is still underrated around here, IMO. That man can fight. He's turned himself into an excellent striker...and of course, his BJJ is still scary

Whittaker not only shrug Jacare off and avoided the ground game (which not many have been able to do), he completely out struck him, bell to bell with a variety of kicks and punches resulting in a one sided beating of a Brazilian great. And yes, Jacare is great.

Jacare Souza - The hit list

Matt Lindland - Submission
Robbie Lawler - Submission
Tim Kennedy - Decision
Derek Brunson - KO x 2
Ed Herman - Submission
Yushin Okami - Thunderous KO
Mousasi (Sherdogs darling) - Submission
Vitor Belfort - TKO
Tim Barbarian - Submission
Chris Weidman - KO

The losses

Mousasi up kick 10 years ago. Random, unusual but legitimate.
Rockhold - decision that could have went either way.
Romero - Split decision loss that could have went either way.
Whittaker - Real only one sided butchering, masterful performance.
Gastelum - Split decision loss that could have went either way.

I didnt include Jacare's first loss and fight in mma, a KO against some random.

Jacares has 33 pro fights with 6 losses, 3 of those dicey decisions. The other 3? Standard mma debut loss, weird upkick which was easily avenged but the standout is the Whittaker massacre.

Given the level of opponent Jacare is and who he has beaten along with the few losses he has i rate Whittakers win over Jacare one of the most underrated and underappreciated ever. What you guys think? Any more to add?

Agreed

He was arguably one fence grab from winning that Romero fight, too.

Love jacare.. a fucking top level hw on the ground and a talanted mw with a solid chin standing..

Whittaker is probably one of the most underappreciated fighters ever.. romerox2, jacare, brunson, hall, tavares.. that is a pretty solid resume for someone moving up from ww..

So yes.. must agree..

Back