Whittakers win over Jacare is one of the most underrated wins in MMA history

I was super confident Jacare was going to win that fight too, was an amazing finish

Ticket sales are nice, but doesn't UFC measure success on PPV sales? Surely that's where they'd make the bulk of their money?
If they did that theyd be broke. There is many pieces to pie in the ufc and ticket sales goes a long way.

Whittaker not only shrug Jacare off and avoided the ground game (which not many have been able to do), he completely out struck him, bell to bell with a variety of kicks and punches resulting in a one sided beating of a Brazilian great. And yes, Jacare is great.

Jacare Souza - The hit list

Matt Lindland - Submission
Robbie Lawler - Submission
Tim Kennedy - Decision
Derek Brunson - KO x 2
Ed Herman - Submission
Yushin Okami - Thunderous KO
Mousasi (Sherdogs darling) - Submission
Vitor Belfort - TKO
Tim Barbarian - Submission
Chris Weidman - KO

The losses

Mousasi up kick 10 years ago. Random, unusual but legitimate.
Rockhold - decision that could have went either way.
Romero - Split decision loss that could have went either way.
Whittaker - Real only one sided butchering, masterful performance.
Gastelum - Split decision loss that could have went either way.

I didnt include Jacare's first loss and fight in mma, a KO against some random.

Jacares has 33 pro fights with 6 losses, 3 of those dicey decisions. The other 3? Standard mma debut loss, weird upkick which was easily avenged but the standout is the Whittaker massacre.

Given the level of opponent Jacare is and who he has beaten along with the few losses he has i rate Whittakers win over Jacare one of the most underrated and underappreciated ever. What you guys think? Any more to add?

i agree 100% i think it's whitaker then romero then jacare, and there's not much distance between the three. rockhold weidman costa and adesanya are in the next tier (for now)

Back