white women told to check their privilege at million woman anti-trump march

Ya think? Its always seemed to me like when people partner out that one side tends to be more domestic and one tends to work more and make more and I have seen this play out in almost every gender combo you can make. I dont know that from stats or anything though just observations in folks I know
Well, that almost seems like more a result of economic realities than anything to do with gender. The differences manifest in other ways though. For instance, gay men tend to have more open relationships than lesbians or straight couples.
I think partnership has more to do with consent rather than equity in terms of how the power-split is set up in a relationship between two people.

This is should dependent on the mutually acknowledged context of the relationship, rather than the fixed mothballed gender-absolutism of ol' dead-ass Schopenhauer.
True and I do find it odd that he's trotting out such obvious and dated sexist ideas. But to your point, a traditionalist might agree but counter by saying that if left to their own devices men will tend to take leadership positions, within the family and within society at large, whereas women will take more traditionally feminine roles like that of the caretaker of children.

When it comes to occupation there is some reason to think this. In the Nordic societies, virtually the most gender egalitarian in the world, their occupations that are considered traditionally male and female are heavily gendered(majority of engineers are men and nurses women).

Whatever. I don't support these BLM assholes and I don't support most efforts of modern feminism. Let the SJWs be mean to each other. I'm not bothered.

The left exposing their true selves by cannibalizing one another.

They claim to be anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-prejudice... but their entire ideology is based on racist and sexist bigotry.

Well, that almost seems like more a result of economic realities than anything to do with gender. The differences manifest in other ways though. For instance, gay men tend to have more open relationships than lesbians or straight couples.

True and I do find it odd that he's trotting out such obvious and dated sexist ideas. But to your point, a traditionalist might agree but counter by saying that if left to their own devices men will tend to take leadership positions, within the family and within society at large, whereas women will take more traditionally feminine roles like that of the caretaker of children.

When it comes to occupation there is some reason to think this. In the Nordic societies, virtually the most gender egalitarian in the world, their occupations that are considered traditionally male and female are heavily gendered(majority of engineers are men and nurses women).

Is this because we are solely creatures of testosterone? How much of a role do you think our biology plays in this? Is our tendency to snatch leadership roles some sort of evolutionary residue from fucking up cave-bears and mammoths back in our early days?

Is this because we are solely creatures of testosterone? How much of a role do you think our biology plays in this? Is our tendency to snatch leadership roles some sort of evolutionary residue from fucking up cave-bears and mammoths back in our early days?
I think the jury is still out so I don't think anyone can tell you for sure and certainly I can't. But if there are deep and innate difference it could be from a whole host of factors.

tl;dr: Its probably both nature acting with nurture.

I like that you mentioned testosterone. In many contexts we readily admit the effect hormones have on our behavior(puberty, pregnancy, etc) but in the case of the genders our different hormonal make up never seems to be relevant to those who wish the paint the genders as having no difference.

Personally I suspect it does matter, both in the moment and over time. That is, having a specific hormonal make up at anytime will have an effect on your behavior in that moment. But also, consistently having a certain kind of hormonal make up might have an impact on the rest of your body, including your brain which obviously has some impact on your behavior. Of course there's also the way in which this reality then interacts with your social contexts(men/women behaving in certain ways leads to certain pros/cons)

Another argument I've heard is that our gender roles, and the dominance of males, is not only resulting from biology but from how our biology interacts with the realities of civilization. That is, as hunter gatherers or as very small societies we may have been egalitarian, or even matriarchal in some cases, but as we expanded more and more something about the size and nature of civilization lead to the dominance of men over women in the traditional sense that we think of patriarchy.

For example, the hallmark of a basic, bare minimum state is a professional military and a bureaucracy. The former is a traditionally male dominated institution for an obvious reason. But even bureaucracies are thought, by some, to be inherently masculine in that they privilege certain masculine attributes and that their rigid, impersonal nature is less conducive to female success. So if true, it would mean that the two pillars of a state are both inherently masculine institutions.

This gives men power and wealth, which they then want to pass down to their children, which requires that they know who their children are which leads to the rigid marriage customs we see historically. This is likely why adultery had such a strong stigma historically, as we see in the Bible and Qur'an, because it undermines the confidence in systems of inheritance(or to put it another way, no one wants to be cuckolded).

And on that point the Qur'an even mandates a waiting period of a few months for divorced women so as to prevent a women entering a marriage with a pregnancy by her former husband. Those rules shows the interaction of biology(the different reproductive systems of men/women) with our social context(societies that incentivize the production of material wealth to be passed down to the next generation).

A lot of this is based on some light research and speculation so obviously take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
I think the jury is still out so I don't think anyone can tell you for sure and certainly I can't. But if there are deep and innate difference it could be from a whole host of factors.

tl;dr: Its probably both nature acting with nurture.

I like that you mentioned testosterone. In many contexts we readily admit the effect hormones have on our behavior(puberty, pregnancy, etc) but in the case of the genders our different hormonal make up never seems to be relevant to those who wish the paint the genders as having no difference.

Personally I suspect it does matter, both in the moment and over time. That is, having a specific hormonal make up at anytime will have an effect on your behavior in that moment. But also, consistently having a certain kind of hormonal make up might have an impact on the rest of your body, including your brain which obviously has some impact on your behavior. Of course there's also the way in which this reality then interacts with your social contexts(men/women behaving in certain ways leads to certain pros/cons)

Another argument I've heard is that our gender roles, and the dominance of males, is not only resulting from biology but from how our biology interacts with the realities of civilization. That is, as hunter gatherers or as very small societies we may have been egalitarian, or even matriarchal in some cases, but as we expanded more and more something about the size and nature of civilization lead to the dominance of men over women in the traditional sense that we think of patriarchy.

For example, the hallmark of a basic, bare minimum state is a professional military and a bureaucracy. The former is a traditionally male dominated institution for an obvious reason. But even bureaucracies are thought, by some, to be inherently masculine in that they privilege certain masculine attributes and that their rigid, impersonal nature is less conducive to female success. So if true, it would mean that the two pillars of a state are both inherently masculine institutions.

This gives men power and wealth, which they then want to pass down to their children, which requires that they know who their children are which leads to the rigid marriage customs we see historically. This is likely why adultery had such a strong stigma historically, as we see in the Bible and Qur'an, because it undermines the confidence in systems of inheritance(or to put it another way, no one wants to be cuckolded).

And on that point the Qur'an even mandates a waiting period of a few months for divorced women so as to prevent a women entering a marriage with a pregnancy by her former husband. Those rules shows the interaction of biology(the different reproductive systems of men/women) with our social context(societies that incentivize the production material wealth to be passed down to the next generation).

A lot of this is based on some light research and speculation so obviously take it with a grain of salt.

This is something to ponder. I'm very grateful for this dialogue.

Thanks.

Picture that, an enclosed space with 100 random trump voters and an enclosed space with 100 random hillary voters. I bet the second one would end up with everybody dead after a few hours.

in-fighting among women is great.

Men who are involved in this, GTFO, now, and just sit back and watch, you don't want to be anywhere near this shit when woman fight other woman.

Women are a different animal, we've all seen it in mma.

Conor destroyed Aldo in 13s, while

Holly Holm stole Ronda's soul
rousey_ronda_loss-1040x572.jpg

So now there's a hierarchy of victimhood?

What if the white woman is transgender? Does then the straight black woman need to check her privilege?

What if the white woman is transgender? Does then the straight black woman need to check her privilege?
Having gone through all that white women privilege, those Trans girls would just be called out for being fake men and to GTFO.

I think having white skin automatically puts people on the bottom of the progressive stack. A white transexual female is still more privileged than a straight black woman.

I am not sure how ranking is determined when it comes to putting all of the factors together and then determining oppression rank, but given the nature of identity studies programs, I am sure the methods are fair, objective, rigorous, rational and scientific.

Men who are involved in this, GTFO, now, and just sit back and watch, you don't want to be anywhere near this shit when woman fight other woman.

Holy shit! Looks like Holm somehow managed to kick an extra chromosome into her!

I think having white skin automatically puts people on the bottom of the progressive stack. A white transexual female is still more privileged than a straight black woman.

I am not sure how ranking is determined when it comes to putting all of the factors together and then determining oppression rank, but given the nature of identity studies programs, I am sure the methods are fair, objective, rigorous, rational and scientific.

I would like to be a fly on the wall watching a group of Marxist academics trying to come up with the oppression ranking of a straight white male that identifies as a gay black female

Vigorous debates to be had!

Queer/trans woman of colour is definitely the top of the food chain in this ideology. If you notice BLM leaders usually fit that bill, the main leaders of the movement in the US are I believe and so are the leaders of the chapter here in TO.

<mma4>

The MMA reference is slightly confusing.

There is no ranking. That's what they are learning now. A good lesson. I don't deny the struggles of these groups, but they are completely off the rails now.

women got the vote many years before black women, so no, its doesnt seem like the suffragettes gave a shit about them,
Or they just realized you can't tackle every problem at once.

My mom was the most beloved medical doctor. She appeared on television, served for years in Nigeria and Haiti. She also single-handedly destroyed my family. And she destroys everyone who comes close to her, ultimately, in a vampiric way. I have two crazy professional, feminist sisters. I've dated professional women.

Despite what you might think, there is some truth to DP's opinions.
I don't like to comment on shit like this, but you're making her sound like a comic book villain.

So these black women are claiming to have special privilege to influence in anti Trump circles.
Black women don't have special rights.

Back