Which Sherdog Era are you from?

Sherdogger Bless

• Total voters
Joined in 2015 after lurking a few years - So whatever era that was. I had been hanging out on the UFC BBS and some other shithole I can't remember.

<EdgyBrah>

I don't remember my early posts and Sherdog's Lookup Feature has been Neutered!

<KhabibBS>

I remember getting shit for saying MM was often lazy and dragged fights out. Was one of my few flame war moments. This was after he closed out the fight in the 5th vs a fumbling Ray Borg...

<{natewhut}>

Goes back a bit before that but can't recall shit.

<{hughesimpress}>

Fan of mma since 2000,but kind of casual compared to boxing

Lurked on these boards on and off from about 2010 and 2018 is my join date. I would have discussed mma on fb, but that was shit

Started using the site for fight finder. Discovered it had forums. Mods were like Catholic nuns with the ban hammer. Bas and Jason DeLucia were on here. Jason was a fucking lunatic. He sent Bas a painting that was made with his own blood and tried to curse him with it. Prior, he claimed the Gracie's edited his video to remove segments where they jumped him and hit him with a padlock(?). He also said the reason he lost to Royce was that his femur was broken by that goofy oblique kick Royce always threw.

This thread has brought up so many memories. I vaguely remember Cameldog, but don’t know what it was..Positive Balance and his Meltdown. The mod DET Kimble( what happened to him?) … made me re remember Wilko. What ever happened to him
As well. He just disappeared. Remember when he he was at the Q&A and outed himself…man this place was so much fun back in the day.

It really was the wild west.

I first heard of Sherdog with those old school fighter highlight videos on file sharing sites. WTF is "sherdog.com"??? I'm not even sure they had the forums up at that time. I came here for the MMA news sometimes. I lurked for a good few years on the forums and was prompted to officially make my account in the midst of the TUF noob era boom. I actually took a long time off and would only post here and there. Been more consistent the last 5-7 years. Still not as active as many here.

Lurked for a few years around TUF as that's when I started getting back into MMA. Based on the options maybe UFC buys everything started posting...

I rented the first handful of ufcs from a mom and pop video store 1997-98 ish. Started watching religiously around UFC 44 or so. Been on this site and one other most of that time

I started watching UFC/MMA in the TUF noob era, but joined Sherdog sometime in Brocktober.

But started regularly posting during the pandemic.

so ... I had watched the tapes as a small child because I was obsessed with martial arts as a whole... Bruce, Chan, Boxing, Wrestling, all of it.. those were like UFC 1-5... Idk what year it was though... maybe 1998? That said I wouldn't call myself a fan after being a kid until I bought my first PPV UFC 47 Chuck vs Tito 2004... Then I again didn't follow the sport until TUF... I watched every season of TUF, I also watched whatever free pride stuff used to always be on like TNT or Spike... but I never watched PPVs... all of this was until Anderson Silva vs Chris Leben... That fight literally turned me into an ultra fan... it started my journey to try and then stop trying to become a professional fighter(car accident) .

So anything from 1998 to 2006 would be accurate to the era I started watching MMA... the difference, in 1998 I was 10 and in 2006 I was 18...

Back