Which Sherdog Era are you from?

Sherdogger Bless

• Total voters
because my first account was on a long dead computer, I don't remember when I first logged in. Pretty sure Tito/Ken is about right. I can't even remember how or when I stumbled upon teh sherdog.

01-02 wish I had stared my account then

Started using this site to keep up on ufc in America back in 2004. Was living in Japan. Was with my girl the year was 2002. We were walking past Yokohama arena and I just heard screaming coming from inside. Asked my girl what was going on and she said a pride tourney event. Didn’t really have a clue about pride then. Little did I know her dad was a massive fan. Together we watched numerous events and I was completely hooked. He got me into UFC. He purchased the PPVs. Came back to the states in 2006 went to college had 2006 account but my email was hacked and couldn’t retrieve my old account. Created this new one in 2009. I would have never searched for this site if it wouldn’t have been for an old Japanese guy who spoke zero English who made me a fan for life. It was meant to be.

a
When did you first start posting or lurking on the GOAT MMA / General Discussion Board?

btjZh83.gif

Could only fit 20 options *** so list your era if it isn't poled ;)
"Who the hell is this Lyoto guy?"

I had an older account that joined in 2002 that got nuked by a pesky Mod after many many years. It lasted to around 2017 i think

Things that got me banned back then (women in thongs) are accepted now for example.

Still , i persevered and made this account in 2020

Started using this site to keep up on ufc in America back in 2004. Was living in Japan. Was with my girl the year was 2002. We were walking past Yokohama arena and I just heard screaming coming from inside. Asked my girl what was going on and she said a pride tourney event. Didn’t really have a clue about pride then. Little did I know her dad was a massive fan. Together we watched numerous events and I was completely hooked. He got me into UFC. He purchased the PPVs. Came back to the states in 2006 went to college had 2006 account but my email was hacked and couldn’t retrieve my old account. Created this new one in 2009. I would have never searched for this site if it wouldn’t have been for an old Japanese guy who spoke zero English who made me a fan for life. It was meant to be.

Did you marry the girl?

I'm from Fedor owns MMA. Started just when pride collapsed and Fedor was doing those one sided new years eve fights against Hong man Choi and others outmatched does. When Crocop fought Cheick Kongo and lost. Forrest and Rampage doing TUF. Good times

No era can define me
It’s a diverse melting pot

Did you marry the girl?
nope. was with her for almost 5 years. but when it was time to go back to the states she didnt want to go. i dont blame her. her whole network and support was there. she is currently a music professor at tokyo university of the arts. a highly regarded school. went back in 2010 and 2011 for a 4 week and 6 week trip. had numerous outings with her. went back in 2013 but she was seeing someone then and i havent been back since. ended up marrying a white girl in 2016.

Didn't realize 01-02 had its own era. I was part of it.
Sherdog.com has been on-line since August 1997. It has been set up by Jeff Sherwood to learn HTML programming and website construction. He build it up to a big site and he got the help from Garret Poe. In 2001 they registered the official Sherdog.com company which now makes it an official business.

Dave Hojak and Tanner Rhoden have been on the board for quite a while before Jeff and Garret asked them, in december 2001, to lead the new forum. They took up the challange which eventually leaded to the succes of Sherdog.net!

Currently there are 17 people involved in maintaining sherdog.com

Editor/Owner: Jeff Sherwood
Editor/Owner: Garrett Poe
Database Videos: Mike Fridley
Database Contributors: Rob King, Joseph Bowling, Marc-Andre Drolet, Ryan Graham, Andrei Vieru
Graphics: Adam Wesolowski
Writers: Marc-Andre Drolet, Brett Herman, James Hirth, Brian Piepenbrink, Ben Turner, Mike McNeil, Mike Sloan, Emele Tendon

There are 20 people involved in maintaing sherdog.net

Forum Administrators: Dave Hojak, Tanner Rhoden, CalfCruncher, kimo1345
Senior moderators: ShootoKing, Crippler
Forum moderators: 8thDegreeSavage, ArjukanpoKarate, HOGNUTZ, Iron Trav, LeftBench, LeiTong, Machado Jiu-Jitsu, Magic Man, rtbrouwer, RyanGracie7, Sabretooth, Spencikiss, Tangun, The Jake.

So there are a total of 37 people who serve the avrage of 23000 visitors a day!

Regards,

Ron Brouwer
Team Sherdog

Some info on the start of the board I dug up...

Back