Where does Wilder rank among all time great HWs?

What you don't realize is that a lot of people on this board know everything you do. They've read more magazines and books, they've watched more fights, they've sparred more rounds, and they've followed the sport through the careers of more fighters. You're entitled to your opinion but it's not fact.
where did i ever say my opinion was fact?....all i ever said was, if you can show me where i'm wrong without some bullshit like "bowe would ko wilder because bowe was better", then do it....that's what we come here to talk about, right? but calling me a "troll" because their views don't agree with mine, well all that really tells me is they really DON'T have the knowledge you think they do...resorting to name-calling as a debating tactic is a sign they're trying to hide their own ignorance. disagree with me if you like...say my views are outlandish...that's cool...i'm not here to be popular or be liked...i'm here to talk boxing because i like the sport, and i can back up the shit i say because i've done the actual work.

does anybody really believe foreman, louis, frazier or johnson would beat wilder?...c'mon. i know boxing is steeped in history and tradition. but let's move forward instead of staying in the past. lebron is recognized as an atg, probably better than jordan...because he is. that's because basketball analysts and fans look at the data in an objective way and come to objective conclusions. we should be able to do the same in boxing...of course johnson, louis, etc will always have more historical significance than wilder...but that has nothing to do with how well they would do against him head to head.
foreman would have hurt wilder quickly. the only thing that might give wilder the slightest chance against frazier or louis is his considerable size advantage. wilder's boxing is terrible, but he reminds me of an untrained man wielding a baseball bat against a boxer.

not true about joe louis....and it's not that wilder hasn't TRIED. are you gonna blame wilder if PEDvetkin never happens and AJ never signs the contract too?

But we should rank him as an all-time top 5 because he SAID he wanted to fight the best in his division?

foreman would have hurt wilder quickly. the only thing that might give wilder the slightest chance against frazier or louis is his considerable size advantage. wilder's boxing is terrible, but he reminds me of an untrained man wielding a baseball bat against a boxer.

His technical basis looks solid to me. His defence is virginal and the looping punches are ugly, but he doesn't loop punches every single round

But we should rank him as an all-time top 5 because he SAID he wanted to fight the best in his division?
YOU don't have to do anything...this is MY list. i'm ranking him #5 for reasons i stated above. i'm simply not taking points from him because other fighters are ducking him or because they're testing positive for banned substances...if you want to penalize wilder because he hasn't fought AJ or PEDvetkin which is no fault of his, i'd say that's unfair, but since when did being unfair ever stop anybody from doing what they want?

foreman would have walked directly into a wilder right hand and foreman woulda gone down...like he did against ron lyle. foreman's biggest asset was his brute strength..against frazier or norton, he was more powerful than those guys and could just walk right through them...against lyle, not so much...not only is wilder bigger and stronger, but he hits a lot harder than foreman...and its not like he'd have to LOOK for foreman..foreman would be coming directly TOWARD him...wilder by brutal 4th round KO.

as you say, frazier was smaller..but frazier had that bob and weave and the leaping left hook that might have allowed him to get inside and do some damage..think szpilka with his herky jerky, nervous rabbit style and how he eluded wilder for a few rounds...but at the end of the day, we're talking smokin joe who was dropped by oscar bonavena a few times and destroyed by the bigger foreman...and frazier didn't know how to take a backward step...so when he got hurt, he'd have no defense and wilder would just knock him out cold.

YOU don't have to do anything...this is MY list. i'm ranking him #5 for reasons i stated above. i'm simply not taking points from him because other fighters are ducking him or because they're testing positive for banned substances...if you want to penalize wilder because he hasn't fought AJ or PEDvetkin which is no fault of his, i'd say that's unfair, but since when did being unfair ever stop anybody from doing what they want?

You ranked Mike Tyson nr 1 despite losing every big fight of his carrier.

What you don't realize is that a lot of people on this board know everything you do. They've read more magazines and books, they've watched more fights, they've sparred more rounds, and they've followed the sport through the careers of more fighters. You're entitled to your opinion but it's not fact.

You’re right it is not fact, it’s WRONG.

Last edited:

Exactly, the guy is clueless. Probably cracking one off in his pit because this troll thread is on its 7th page. Twerp.

where did i ever say my opinion was fact?....all i ever said was, if you can show me where i'm wrong without some bullshit like "bowe would ko wilder because bowe was better", then do it....that's what we come here to talk about, right? but calling me a "troll" because their views don't agree with mine, well all that really tells me is they really DON'T have the knowledge you think they do...resorting to name-calling as a debating tactic is a sign they're trying to hide their own ignorance. disagree with me if you like...say my views are outlandish...that's cool...i'm not here to be popular or be liked...i'm here to talk boxing because i like the sport, and i can back up the shit i say because i've done the actual work.
I don't think you're a troll, obviously you're a big boxing fan, but at this point Bob Foster ranks higher than Deontay on an ATG HW list.

foreman would have walked directly into a wilder right hand and foreman woulda gone down...like he did against ron lyle. foreman's biggest asset was his brute strength..against frazier or norton, he was more powerful than those guys and could just walk right through them...against lyle, not so much...not only is wilder bigger and stronger, but he hits a lot harder than foreman...and its not like he'd have to LOOK for foreman..foreman would be coming directly TOWARD him...wilder by brutal 4th round KO.

as you say, frazier was smaller..but frazier had that bob and weave and the leaping left hook that might have allowed him to get inside and do some damage..think szpilka with his herky jerky, nervous rabbit style and how he eluded wilder for a few rounds...but at the end of the day, we're talking smokin joe who was dropped by oscar bonavena a few times and destroyed by the bigger foreman...and frazier didn't know how to take a backward step...so when he got hurt, he'd have no defense and wilder would just knock him out cold.
Foreman was only ever stopped by Ali due to exhaustion. He took punches from Frazier, Ali, Lyle, Young, Bert Cooper, Cooney, Holyfield, Morrison, Moorer, and Briggs. Foreman was known for his strength so I don't see Wilder pushing him around and the jab he employed later in his career was a formidable weapon.

I understand man, but you are posting a list on a forum and asking for comments, so why would we not ask why?

you mean holyfield and lennox? ...how about spinks? holmes? how about unifying the title which hadn't been done since ali...how about ruddock? do you know anything about tyson's career?

you mean holyfield and lennox? ...how about spinks? holmes? how about unifying the title which hadn't been done since ali...how about ruddock? do you know anything about tyson's career?

Oh yeah Ruddock.. That all-time great. Holmes who was inactive, old and offered a money grab. Yup.

Foreman was only ever stopped by Ali due to exhaustion. He took punches from Frazier, Ali, Lyle, Young, Bert Cooper, Cooney, Holyfield, Morrison, Moorer, and Briggs. Foreman was known for his strength so I don't see Wilder pushing him around and the jab he employed later in his career was a formidable weapon.

i don't think any of those guys hit as hard as wilder....i think part of the problem with this whole thread is people don't understand or respect how ridiculous wilder's power is, so lemme try and explain...in my life, i've never seen a figher who comes close to wilder in terms of sheer explosive power....the guy is damn near inhuman..he's a fkin monster.

wilder's power just isn't talked about enough...we hear a lotta hype about ggg's power and about loma's skill, etc., but wilder's power is greatly overlooked...to me, that power sets him apart from practically every hw in history...

other guys in history have been great power punchers: dempsey, baer, louis, liston, foreman, tyson, even ruddock, cooney, etc. but to me, wilder far surpasses all of them because not only does he have one punch, murderous, bone-shattering power that comes downward on his opponent, he's also very fast with his hands...foreman and liston were slow..tyson was fast, but he has short arms. wilder is incredibly strong with a 6-7 frame and the second longest reach of any hw champ in history.

so, i see lennox and bowe, for example, maybe being able to out-jab wilder...but with that strategy, they have no choice put themselves in range for his punches too...every second they're within punching range, because neither guy is a defensive wizard, they stand a chance of getting knocked cold.

Oh yeah Ruddock.. That all-time great. Holmes who was inactive, old and offered a money grab. Yup.
dude, stop embarrassing yourself with your ignorance. go watch holmes-mercer and holmes-holyfield and do us all a favor and stfu.

and btw, ruddock was one of the most dangerous fighters of the era...he woulda smashed wlad klitschko to kingdom come. unfortunately, tyson broke his bones and ruined his career.

I understand man, but you are posting a list on a forum and asking for comments, so why would we not ask why?
like i said, i don't detract from a fighter because others are ducking him...when ggg was howling about how everybody was ducking him, did it make him less great in your eyes? of course not...so, why would it work that way with wilder?

dude, stop embarrassing yourself with your ignorance. go watch holmes-mercer and holmes-holyfield and do us all a favor and stfu.

and btw, ruddock was one of the most dangerous fighters of the era...he woulda smashed wlad klitschko to kingdom come. unfortunately, tyson broke his bones and ruined his career.

Holmes got like 6 month to get ready for Tyson.

Back