Where does Wilder rank among all time great HWs?

Something it seems most people don't consider is how modern fighters would do if it was them being transported to that era to fight under their rules. 20+ rounds, small gloves with electrical tape wraps, refs that don't take future well being into account, the threat of police raid and prosecution, etc...
well, i guess that proves my point...we have no real basis for ANY ranking such as all-time heavyweight greats...there's just too many factors to consider. therefore, it's all purely a matter of opinion...which is what this forum and this thread is all about as i said in my original postt.

ok...tell me all about joe louis' great acomplishments and all the great fighters he beat compared to wilder...go ahead you have my full attention.

You may want to read a bit about boxing.

You may want to read a bit about boxing.
Exactly....you have no clue. you're just talking out your ass...so lemme answer for you: Louis had TWO big wins (if you even want to call them that) as champ...one was against a lhw named billy conn who was on his way to beating the brown bomber, til louis caught up wth him late..the other was against an OLDER jersey joe walcott who dropped louis TWICE and lost a very controversial decision...in fact, it was so clear louis had lost, they had to have an immediate rematch...louis ko'd wallcott in the rematch, but the thing about walcott is, he's not even recognized as a great hw.

other than that, louis beat a whole buncha old ex-champs like max baer, primo carnera, jack sharkey as a rising contender...those guys were all past their prime. then schmeling stopped louis..that's the equivalent of kllitchkso stopping AJ.....except schmeling wasn't even as good as wlad.

Louis went back to drawing board, beat jim braddock (another guy not recgnized as a great hw) for the title then decimated schmeling in the rematch.

bottomline: louis beat a whole buncha over the hill ex-champs on his way up and NO hw of note while he was champ...The level of louis' comp, was no better than wilder's. but louis is considered an atg while dudes wanna shit on wilder.

Exactly....you have no clue. you're just talking out your ass...so lemme answer for you: Louis had TWO big wins (if you even want to call them that) as champ...one was against a lhw named billy conn who was on his way to beating the brown bomber, til louis caught up wth him late..the other was against an OLDER jersey joe walcott who dropped louis TWICE and lost a very controversial decision...in fact, it was so clear louis had lost, they had to have an immediate rematch...louis ko'd wallcott in the rematch, but the thing about walcott is, he's not even recognized as a great hw.

other than that, louis beat a whole buncha old ex-champs like max baer, primo carnera, jack sharkey as a rising contender...those guys were all past their prime. then schmeling stoppled louis..that's the equivalent of kllitchkso stopping AJ.....except scmeling wasn't even as good as wlad.

Louis went back to drawing board, beat jim braddock (another guy not rerecgnized as a great hw) for the title then decimated schmeling in the rematch.

bottomline: louis beat a whole buncha olover the hill ex-champs on his way up and no hw of note while he was champ...The level of louis' comp, was no better than wilder's. but louis is considered an atg while dudes wanna shit on wilder.

Flat earthers do post walls of text on astrophysics forums on a regular basis. It does not make them right. Nor does it make it very useful to patiently explain why they come across as dimwitted.

Flat earthers do post walls of text on astrophysics forums on a regular basis. It does not make them right. Nor does it make it very useful to patiently explain why they come across as dimwitted.
in other words, you have no rebuttal, so instead you're gonna deflect with a loada horseshit...in case you didn't know, this is a boxing forum. we come here to talk boxing. if you don't want to talk boxing why do you even respond to my post?

in other words, you have no rebuttal, so instead you're gonna deflect with a loada horseshit...in case you didn't know, this is a boxing forum. we come here to talk boxing. if you don't want to talk boxing why do you even respond to my post?

Because it is worthless as long as you keep claiming that the Earth is flat in a astroophysics discussion.

in fact, i can go further with louis...one thing louis was heavily criticized for was how come he only fought TWO black challengers during his 12 year reign as hw champ. one was a lhw and the other was walcott...there were other black fighters such as hatchetman sheppard and other guys who, it's estimated would have been MUCH more competitive fights than the bums of the month louis was dispatching left and right...so, there are people who will say that louis even AVOIDED some of the toughest comp around at the time...on the other hand, wilder is CHASING after the top guys in the hw div...its' THEM that won't fight him.

Because it is worthless as long as you keep claiming that the Earth is flat in a astroophysics discussion.
yeah, i know...grass is green, the sky is blue and wilder is a bum...all the stuff of proven astrophysics.

my god...how many times do i have to say it for it to sink in?...so, by your rationale, lloyd honeyghan should not have ko'd don curry because curry had more accomplishments, right? antonio tarver should not have ko'd roy jones because jones had more accomplishments...vernon forrest should not have beat ssm, because shane had more accomplishments...what kinda thing is that for a boxing fan to say? you wanna go through the list of accomplished fighters who were knocked off by far less accomplished guys?

and like i keep saying, it's not like wilder has CHOSEN to remain remain relatively unaccomplished... he was willing to go to RUSSIA to fight PEDvetin!...something AJ won't do. Wilder has thrown down the gauntlet to AJ numerous times, even offering AJ the $50m AJ asked for and wilder STILL can't get the fight...wilder even fought ortiz AFTER ortiz tested positive for a banned PED!...this was with the knowledge ortiz was on PED's!....wilder was still like, "yeah, he's on PED's and it'll give him an unfair edge, but i'll fight him anyway"...

and of course bowe was technically better...bowe had years of amateur experience...much deeper background than wilder...but then you have guys like hasim rahman and bryant jennings who started boxing late and prove that the experience gap can be overcome if a fighter has that natural abilty, strength, athleticism, heart....bowe might be a better fighter but wilder is s a whole different kind of animal. i think wilder ko's bowe.
Bowe was the better fighter, had more experience, was technically more proficient, and he proved it against better competition. He was also 6' 5" and 240 pounds. Sure Wilder would have a chance but Bowe would be the heavy favorite. He might be a different kind of animal but he has to prove it against better opposition before we can talk about an all-time ranking.

the thing about boxing, is it doesn't respect accomplishments or talent or even hard work....it respects only one thing. effectiveness! yeah, talent and hard work help you be more effective, but on the other hand, you can be the most dedicated, focused guy in the sport, and you come up against an opponent who doesn't have anything close to the attributes you do, but what he DOES have, whether it's a big punch or an awkward style or just sheer size, will completely negate all your assets.

it's kinda like being a good-lookin female with no personality....men will gravitate towards you even though you might be a boring, abusive asshole with no ambition in life...just because they find you to be so attactive. then the girls who actually have something going for them, who have worked hard in school and workout in the gym and put in the effort will have success with guys, but you find that there's times when those girls still play second fiddle to the really good lookin' female who does little to improve herself.

in this scenario wilder is like the super-incredibly good-lookin naomi campbell or kim kardashian with not a lotta personality...bowe and lewis and the rest of them are like jennifer lawrence or scarlett johanson, stars with a lotta talent and accomplishments, but just not as magnetic.

it's not fair, but that's the breaks.
Ok, drink a lot of water before you go to bed, I hope the hangover isn't too bad. <Moves>

ok...tell me all about joe louis' great acomplishments and all the great fighters he beat compared to wilder...go ahead you have my full attention.
Max Baer, Max Schmeling, Jack Sharkey, James Braddock, John Henry Lewis, Billy Conn, Jersey Joe Walcott, Ezzard Charles, Rocky Marciano...

other than that, louis beat a whole buncha old ex-champs like max baer, primo carnera, jack sharkey as a rising contender...those guys were all past their prime. then schmeling stopped louis..that's the equivalent of kllitchkso stopping AJ.....except schmeling wasn't even as good as wlad.

Louis went back to drawing board, beat jim braddock (another guy not recgnized as a great hw) for the title then decimated schmeling in the rematch.

bottomline: louis beat a whole buncha over the hill ex-champs on his way up and NO hw of note while he was champ...The level of louis' comp, was no better than wilder's. but louis is considered an atg while dudes wanna shit on wilder.
Oh shit, my bad, I wasn't aware you know it all. :p

Ok, drink a lot of water before you go to bed, I hope the hangover isn't too bad. <Moves>
well, sometimes you gotta break these concepts down in a way that's relevant to people's everyday reality and experience....i get the impression a lotta guys don't TRULY understand how boxing works. They think it's about legacy or accomplishments or who the "better" fighter is... so you have to find creative analogies with life that hopefully make the point....fact is wilder's power, especially his right hand can turn any situation upside down, regardless of how much better his opponent is technically...no question in my mind that ortiz was the FAR better fighter technically...ortiz was a cuban amateur star...the highest pedigree....wilder started boxing late...i think he was like 19?...and dudes joke about his terrible, amateurish windmill punching technique and lack of polish as a pro....and he still KO's ortiz???...drops ortiz 3 times on the way to the KO??? how much did all ortiz natural talent and his experience and all the years being molded in the world-renowned cuban school of boxing training help when it came face to face with wilder's power?

not one bit...and THAT's my point.

Oh shit, my bad, I wasn't aware you know it all. :p
lol...i know a hell of a lot more of boxing that you can even imagine...because i've actually taken the time to study the sport and become informed instead of just being a lazy-thinking fanboy...that's why i have the views i do and it also explains why i have so many differences with a lotta guys on this forum.

who did joe louis beat to be considered top 10? who did johnson beat and who did liston beat? not tryna denigrate the past greats...i'm saying, if you're objective, they belong in the top 10 based on how they performed against their level of comp....so does wilder.

Joe Louis fought the top guys in his era at least. Wilder has not done that yet.

I don't know but he will hit Mikey like a punching bag nowadays.

Joe Louis fought the top guys in his era at least. Wilder has not done that yet.
not true about joe louis....and it's not that wilder hasn't TRIED. are you gonna blame wilder if PEDvetkin never happens and AJ never signs the contract too?

lol...i know a hell of a lot more of boxing that you can even imagine...because i've actually taken the time to study the sport and become informed instead of just being a lazy-thinking fanboy...that's why i have the views i do and it also explains why i have so many differences with a lotta guys on this forum.
What you don't realize is that a lot of people on this board know everything you do. They've read more magazines and books, they've watched more fights, they've sparred more rounds, and they've followed the sport through the careers of more fighters. You're entitled to your opinion but it's not fact.

Back