Where does Wilder rank among all time great HWs?

sounds like a very emotional post...bowe was 6-4...wasn't necessarily a big One-punch KO Puncher. what happens when he gets in there with a guy who has three inches on him and who can take him out with any one punch he lands? don't get me wrong, i rank bowe above wlad, holy and a lotta other fighters. i just can't picture a scenario where wilder's not competitive...that sounds more like you're just letting your emotions get the best of you.
No. This is a case of you letting your imagination run wild. In terms of accomplishment, or in a head to head matchup, Bowe is clearly better.

These threads are ultimately pointless because the rules of the comparison are unclear. Firstly you have to define what you even mean. Like do you mean Wilder goes back in time and fights the prime version of the listed fighters? Do you mean the prime old school guys come forward in time and get the benefit of the modern techniques, training, nutrition (and PEDs depending on what era you want these guys to all compete at)?

I personally think that a prime Holyfield or Foreman who was "brought to the future" and trained in modern boxing would beat Wilder.

The other issue is stylistic. I mean sometimes it is rock-paper-scissors where a guy that could beat one guy may not be able to beat another guy that could be beat by the first guy. So to really go through the list you'd have to take each guy and try to assess the stylistic matchup, not just the actual resume.

is this a troll post? the very idea of give legitimacy to wlad by linking wlad and lewis as if they deserve to be talked about on the same level is insulting to lewis and insulting to fight fans wh know boxing...lewis cleans wlad's clock in less that three rounds...one of lewis's easiest fights.
When you get caught up in all the bullshit you post...
lennox would out jab deontay who has two inches on him?....lennox had two ko losses to mccall and rahman...what do you think happens if deontay lands on lennox like vitali did?

When you get caught up in all the bullshit you post...
The thing is about this is that the first post I agree with and apart from some of the shit is pretty eloquently put and insightful.

Then there's the cognitive dissonance.

The thing is about this is that the first post I agree with and apart from some of the shit is pretty eloquently put and insightful.

Then there's the cognitive dissonance.
Wlad is going to be walked through but Wilder is going to out jab one of the best jabs ever. Just lol.

first, lemme say that i think louis was a great fighter...on my list, there's nobody who came before louis who is ahead of him, so obviously he was the greatest up to his era. to me, louis was actually ahead of his time...

but louis had some serious flaws too...here's ali and cus d'amato talking about louis.

I've seen that video before. There are some decent points made, but Ali has a vested interest in claiming he is better than Joe. Calling Joe "slow moving" and "shuffling" is an unfair criticism since part of Joe's footwork revolved around small steps and functional motion to manage distance, and he was excellent at it. Ali's right up there too, I put him in the top 3 all time HWs.

I guess part of this discussion will always be answering the question of how best to compare fighters from different eras? Factor in modern training and weight cutting methods for older fighters, or compare them as they were to todays' fighters? By one method I'd consider Lennox Lewis to be greater than most HW's in history, but he's a solid top 10 all time HW using the other.

Wow! What a fucking thread lol So Wilder ranks at number 5 in the all time great list for beating Ortiz, an old decrepit Cuban. Lol this thread is not going to be beaten for a long time in terms of sheer stupidity.....

Last edited:
I've seen that video before. There are some decent points made, but Ali has a vested interest in claiming he is better than Joe. Calling Joe "slow moving" and "shuffling" is an unfair criticism since part of Joe's footwork revolved around small steps and functional motion to manage distance, and he was excellent at it. Ali's right up there too, I put him in the top 3 all time HWs.

I guess part of this discussion will always be answering the question of how best to compare fighters from different eras? Factor in modern training and weight cutting methods for older fighters, or compare them as they were to todays' fighters? By one method I'd consider Lennox Lewis to be greater than most HW's in history, but he's a solid top 10 all time HW using the other.
Something it seems most people don't consider is how modern fighters would do if it was them being transported to that era to fight under their rules. 20+ rounds, small gloves with electrical tape wraps, refs that don't take future well being into account, the threat of police raid and prosecution, etc...

Deontay Wilder is going to outjab Lennox Lewis? Wilder's skill level isn't as bad as some suggest it is (even if he looks pretty awkward a lot of the time), but he couldn't even outjab and ancient Ortiz and we expect him to outjab Lewis. This guy has to be taking the piss at this point.

If this doesn’t constitute an example of a troll job I don’t know what dose.
lmao!...jumping on the troll bandwagon, huh? hoping the mod will do dirt for you...yeah the hate for wilder is real..

dude, let me educate you on boxing....louis had something called the bum of the month club. he beat guys who weren't any different than the guys wilder keeps blowing out (harry thomas, bob pastor, tony galento). billy conn was louis biggest threat and he was a lhw. jersey joe walcott was actually OLDER than louis when they fought....dropped louis twice en route to losing a controversial decision in the first fight....louis ko'd walcott in the rematch, but then walcott himself is not considered an atg.

liston beat eddie machen and cleveland williams....good fighters. but his biggest win was floyd patterson. yes, the same patterson who got ko'd by and kept getting dropped by johansson ...and got dropped by an amateur named rademacher in rademachers FIRST pro fight...and this is when patterson was the hw champ...figthing an amateur (radamacher) in radamacher's FIRST pro fight....imagine if wilder got dropped by an amateur and nearly ko'd by an amateur fighter in that amateur's pro-debut...what would people say? but i digress...we're talking about liston, and i don't feel his resume is stronger than wilders.

Jack johnson's biggest wins were against jim jeffries (an inactive former hw champ) and a mw named stanley ketchel... not to say that johnson wouldn't have ko'd an active jeffries, but we're talking resume here....

i give wilder the nod over all three of them resume wise....
Yeah totally agree dude, Jack is only considered the best defensive hw in the history of the game and Louis only real claim to fame is being the longest reigning hw champ. Clearly both are grossly overrated, and boy did you figure me out. Did Alex Jones tip you off on my involvement our deep state conspiracy to bring you down? I suppose it is well known how prolific I am on this forum, all the constant posts I shit out have gotten me in a lot of trouble with with the mods. Christ, I’ve posted so much that in 5 years I posted a little more than half as much you have in one.

Last edited:
Deontay Wilder is going to outjab Lennox Lewis? Wilder's skill level isn't as bad as some suggest it is (even if he looks pretty awkward a lot of the time), but he couldn't even outjab and ancient Ortiz and we expect him to outjab Lewis. This guy has to be taking the piss at this point.
no dude, you just don't know boxing like him. I mean, let's be real, other than maybe Tank, who at HW is even on Wilders level historically? Foreman? Liston? pffffft, those guys couldn't even go 12 HARD ROUNDS with JESUS "#2 SFW" CUELLAR

@TownBiz back me up here homie.

no dude, you just don't know boxing like him. I mean, let's be real, other than maybe Tank, who at HW is even on Wilders level historically? Foreman? Liston? pffffft, those guys couldn't even go 12 HARD ROUNDS with JESUS "#2 SFW" CUELLAR

@TownBiz back me up here homie.

I've seen the error in my ways.

No. This is a case of you letting your imagination run wild. In terms of accomplishment, or in a head to head matchup, Bowe is clearly better.
my god...how many times do i have to say it for it to sink in?...so, by your rationale, lloyd honeyghan should not have ko'd don curry because curry had more accomplishments, right? antonio tarver should not have ko'd roy jones because jones had more accomplishments...vernon forrest should not have beat ssm, because shane had more accomplishments...what kinda thing is that for a boxing fan to say? you wanna go through the list of accomplished fighters who were knocked off by far less accomplished guys?

and like i keep saying, it's not like wilder has CHOSEN to remain remain relatively unaccomplished... he was willing to go to RUSSIA to fight PEDvetin!...something AJ won't do. Wilder has thrown down the gauntlet to AJ numerous times, even offering AJ the $50m AJ asked for and wilder STILL can't get the fight...wilder even fought ortiz AFTER ortiz tested positive for a banned PED!...this was with the knowledge ortiz was on PED's!....wilder was still like, "yeah, he's on PED's and it'll give him an unfair edge, but i'll fight him anyway"...

and of course bowe was technically better...bowe had years of amateur experience...much deeper background than wilder...but then you have guys like hasim rahman and bryant jennings who started boxing late and prove that the experience gap can be overcome if a fighter has that natural abilty, strength, athleticism, heart....bowe might be a better fighter but wilder is s a whole different kind of animal. i think wilder ko's bowe.

Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum.

the thing about boxing, is it doesn't respect accomplishments or talent or even hard work....it respects only one thing. effectiveness! yeah, talent and hard work help you be more effective, but on the other hand, you can be the most dedicated, focused guy in the sport, and you come up against an opponent who doesn't have anything close to the attributes you do, but what he DOES have, whether it's a big punch or an awkward style or just sheer size, will completely negate all your assets.

it's kinda like being a good-lookin female with no personality....men will gravitate towards you even though you might be a boring, abusive asshole with no ambition in life...just because they find you to be so attactive. then the girls who actually have something going for them, who have worked hard in school and workout in the gym and put in the effort will have success with guys, but you find that there's times when those girls still play second fiddle to the really good lookin' female who does little to improve herself.

in this scenario wilder is like the super-incredibly good-lookin naomi campbell or kim kardashian with not a lotta personality...bowe and lewis and the rest of them are like jennifer lawrence or scarlett johanson, stars with a lotta talent and accomplishments, but just not as magnetic.

it's not fair, but that's the breaks.

Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum.
ok...tell me all about joe louis' great acomplishments and all the great fighters he beat compared to wilder...go ahead you have my full attention.

Back