Where does Raquel Pennington go from here?

Dana likes her, she's not going anywhere. Curran went 1-6 in UFC to be cut. Raquel is 6-4.
She just needs some time off and a step down in competition. Give her Talita Bernardo or Gina Mazany.

PS: She walks around 170+ lbs, she's not a 125er

5'7 170. Bullshit. Unless she gets fat as fuck.

My dad referred to her as the Pillsberry doughgirl she looked so soft against GDR. She’s a natural 125’er and now that they have her division she doesn’t seem like she’s even taking the sport seriously while being given main event and main card slots other hard working fighters are missing out on.

She deserves one more chance if that and then needs to be cut. There are hungry fighters that actually want to be here.

Edit: my dad said GDR was hot as well
<{clintugh}>

Pennington, either change weight classes or go elsewhere. She has some flab so she has weight to spare move down. OR get to eating and put on that muscle and move up? I really do not think she fits in any division other than 125 at this point. Bantamweight is to much for her.

Side note for all the Germaine de Randamie HATERS, Im not a fan of hers really but she is talented and for sure dont believe she was afraid of Cybrog. She had a plan and it didnt come to fruition.
I love how everyone even MMA media continues the theory GDR really was scared to fight Cyborg. With the SERIOUS kickboxer record of GDR I dont think she was afraid to fight her when you have a YANA KUNITSAKYA or whatever willing to.
I think she did exactly what she wanted to do and it didnt go as planned. For those who dont know her original plan was to fight at 135, the UFC called her up after Cyborg was unable to fight, offered GDR to fight Holm for the inaugural 145 title....GDR took it. She knows as we all do those who have the gold has leverage. She planned on beating Holm, winning the belt and dropping to her original planned class of 135 to fight NUNES in a "champ vs champ" fight. Being champ and dropping to the lower class you cant deny #1 contender spot.

Didnt go her way obviously and if she didnt really want to fight Cyorg for being a known roid user why not give her that choice? Not too long ago every fan (ON HERE) were always referring to Cyborg as a PED cheater, even if it was the past results are still obvious and present. So if a fighter actually agrees with us fans we now say that fighter was wrong lol?

Shes one of those just happy to be there fighters with no talent so commentators have to call her tough

5'7 170. Bullshit. Unless she gets fat as fuck.
well, she developed a thyroid issue that made her gain weight so i'm not that surprised, before she was a bit lighter, but anyway i don't think she's a 125er

well, she developed a thyroid issue that made her gain weight so i'm not that surprised, before she was a bit lighter, but anyway i don't think she's a 125er

I actually remember that. I bet she normally was around 150-155, then the thyroid thing made her put on some weight.

She just needs to improve her skills, and stop main eventing until she gets her momentum going again. 135 is fine for her.

No grappling. Slow hands. No power. No lateral movement. She can take a shot but she's shying more and more away from her only ability - plodding forward. She is garbage and makes WMMA look to the right of C league....

TS you need to take your dad to the DR. He obviously has severe Glaucoma and is going blind.

GDR is hot *maybe * from the neck down. Perhaps.

But that kinda doesn't cut it. Just my view.

Good muay Thai though. Thumbs up.

Pennington is a tough fighter. Gives a lot of opponents problems. But she's not elite. Respect to her, she max'd what she has.

Way too much talk about Pennington and not enough about JDR’s boxing/Muay Thai - she looked damn sharp - was light years ahead of Pennington in that department.

My dad referred to her as the Pillsberry doughgirl she looked so soft against GDR. She’s a natural 125’er and now that they have her division she doesn’t seem like she’s even taking the sport seriously while being given main event and main card slots other hard working fighters are missing out on.

She deserves one more chance if that and then needs to be cut. There are hungry fighters that actually want to be here.

Edit: my dad said GDR was hot as well
<{clintugh}>
Her and her GF probably head down south to lick her wounds....

Terrible joke I know but I countn't resist, lol

I agree Pennington will probably never touch gold at BW, but I really don't know that she can make 125, especially seen how she missed weight in her last fight.

Side note for all the Germaine de Randamie HATERS, Im not a fan of hers really but she is talented and for sure dont believe she was afraid of Cybrog. She had a plan and it didnt come to fruition.
I love how everyone even MMA media continues the theory GDR really was scared to fight Cyborg. With the SERIOUS kickboxer record of GDR I dont think she was afraid to fight her when you have a YANA KUNITSAKYA or whatever willing to.
I think she did exactly what she wanted to do and it didnt go as planned. For those who dont know her original plan was to fight at 135, the UFC called her up after Cyborg was unable to fight, offered GDR to fight Holm for the inaugural 145 title....GDR took it. She knows as we all do those who have the gold has leverage. She planned on beating Holm, winning the belt and dropping to her original planned class of 135 to fight NUNES in a "champ vs champ" fight. Being champ and dropping to the lower class you cant deny #1 contender spot.

I like GDR but that is some convoluted theory man. Even if you are right, ducking the one real contender in your division doesn't bode well for a martial artist, period.

She is tough gate keeper material. She always been a gate keeper until she got the retirement win over Miesha.
If it's Aspen Ladd coming through the gate, Rocky will get another bad beating.

If I were her, i'd go here asap
LLtKyvL.png

PS: She walks around 170+ lbs, she's not a 125er
So if she walks around fat as a whale it means she should fight as a HW?

You could clearly see that she was carrying quite a lot of fat in her last fight (more than usual) and that if she made better choices in regards to her diet she would have no problems making 125. I will never understand why some take walk around weight into consideration especially when some fighters (like Rampage and Hendricks) almost become obese when they aren't in a training camp. What counts is how much you would weigh if you didn't eat too many burgers and Pennington could make 125 if she wanted to.

Personally I never cared for Rocky up until that fight. That fight actually made me a fan of hers. Rocky isn’t going anywhere, as far as I’m concerned her stock was just raised. GDR gets a lot of hate as she should but there’s no denying she’s an absolute beast, people should have already known that from the Holm fight. Yes she cheated and that was when I first started to hate her but look at the rest of the fight, she was extremely competitive with Holm throughout.

Back