News Mayra Bueno Silva says Raquel Pennington injured her ear at UFC 297

Great attitude.

Hopefully WBW can get things going... having a dominant champ is cool and all but kind of makes the division boring. Amanda was levels above everybody else.

BTW.. Where is Juliana Peña? she should be fighting for the title

Pathetic excuse that doesn’t change the fact that she lost 4-1 and was doing the come to my guard with 30 seconds left on the clock in round 5

Pathetic excuse that doesn’t change the fact that she lost 4-1 and was doing the come to my guard with 30 seconds left on the clock in round 5
I think it makes sense, and is not unlike anyone else who gets rocked early but doesn't come back, which I think a lot of fans are far too hard on. Some people see a first round knockout and call it a fluke, but see a person survive a near knockout and perform at a level far less than normal for the next 4 rounds and shit all over em. Gotta wonder if fans understand the sport they're watching.

“I couldn’t read the fight and know what was happening after the strike [that caused the injury]." That doesn't mean "I couldn't come back that round." It means she was basically out of the fight from that point on. Most times fighters clear themselves, but that's not guaranteed, especially with a tore eardrum. That shit fucks up your whole equilibrium, and not having balance is exactly why someone would be calling someone into their guard instead of standing up

Back