Where does Chuck Liddell ranks All-Time in UFC LHW division?

As a huge Shogun fan, how can any of you guys rank Shogun above Chuck? His UFC run wasn't nearly as good as Chuck's.
Shogun was fucked up from injuries. He performed very well vs. Machida, for example, later in his time in the UFC.

Top 5 and it's not a question. Where specifically he ranks, that's an open question. Wanderlei's PRIDE run was epic, but Chuck's time as a top dog in the UFC was pretty damn impressive, too, especially considering before he was champ he was knocking off the best the division had to offer while Tito was refusing to fight him. It also matters if we're talking about resume or skill, i.e. his career wins and accomplishments versus how he stacks up prime versus prime against the best guys in the division's history. Either way, if you don't think that he's near the top of the list then you just don't know what it was like to experience the era of The Iceman.

Good to see you Bullit, i remember you from years back talking about Pancrase. Where would you put Quintin Jackson in regards to above or below Chuck LIddell.

Jones

chuck

Tito DC randy in any order you prefer.

Shogun and rampage are all time greats but if this ufc rankings id do it like that.

Add in the pride legends and I'm not sure what order to put them in but I think he's still top 5.

Also if Chuck could be young again I feel like he could be champion right now. His skill set would take him far it was age and miles that got him more than the game passing him by. A striker who can keep it standing , can get back up and has ko power is going to go far at lhw.

Stylistically he'd do really well in todays division but he would be a bit undersized. Not that much though.

#2 only to the great jon jones.

prime Chuck is the reason the UFC took off - don't buy that ultimate fighter finale bs for a minute. iceman was iconic

Stylistically he'd do really well in todays division but he would be a bit undersized. Not that much though.
You know. There was talk of maybe having Chuck vs Kimbo before it was clear Chuck's chin was completley gone. That would have been so much fun.

During his career he beat Randy Couture twice, Vitor Belfort, Tito Ortiz twice, Kevin Randleman, Alistair Overeem & Wanderlei Silva.

Where does he ranks among UFC LHWs in All-Time ranks?
1st

The list of top tier fighters he fought back then was incredible. I can't see how you can argue lower than top 5.

1. Jones
2. Chuck-Wanderlei
4. Rampage-Shogun
6. Tito
7. Lyoto
8. Hendo
9. Rashad
10. DC

IMHO he is top 5. number one is obvious LOL... after that it gets murky, DC is a clear number 2. shogun is 3, after that? idk man.
gtfo out of here with dc at two when he only had 9 total fights at lhw.

you fucking noob.

As a huge Shogun fan, how can any of you guys rank Shogun above Chuck? His UFC run wasn't nearly as good as Chuck's.

He koed Chuck and should have won machida 1 and won machida 2. Forrest 2 was a good win. His ufc run initially wasn’t bad at all. He was a champion

I dont know if i'd rank Shogun above Chuck,just going off the top of my head.

I will say his victory or victories as you could call them over Machida is probably better than anything Chuck ever did though. He cracked the code,solved the Machida mystery. Hackleman was saying how they didnt want Chuck to fight Machida as it was a horrible matchup stylistically. Not taking away from everything Chuck accomplished though.

Just in the UFC I think probably #2, Cormier maybe with a case for the better wins but not enough of them to be above him.

Back