Where does Chuck Liddell ranks All-Time in UFC LHW division?

If we are talking UFC only fights then he's arguably number 2/3 alternating with DC imo.

maybe he's around #5. he got his ass kicked by rampage in pride when both were in their primes, and got beat again by him in the ufc. rampage has to be above him.

in terms of overall rankings, he's not above jones of course, or dc, or wanderlei (wand lost to him when wand was way out of his prime), or rampage, and i don't think he's above shogun. shogun was out of his prime and still beat liddell. he's at #4 or #5 in my mind.

If that's your problem with the discussion, don't talk about it or start a thread with what you do want to discuss.
Except that on this very page, people are talking about fighters like Wand, Shogun, and Rampage. If you don't want people to comment don't make public discussion threads.

Frankly, I just saw this in the New Posts list and thought the question itself was entertaining. But why would anyone want to disregard what was for some the best part of their careers? Unless you know nothing about them, I guess; then it makes sense to a degree. But it's important MMA history, and I'd say it's far better to allow for opportunities to learn about them. This thread could be one such if you want it to be.

Except that on this very page, people are talking about fighters like Wand, Shogun, and Rampage. If you don't want people to comment don't make public discussion threads.

Frankly, I just saw this in the New Posts list and thought the question itself was entertaining. But why would anyone want to disregard what was for some the best part of their careers? Unless you know nothing about them, I guess; then it makes sense to a degree. But it's important MMA history, and I'd say it's far better to allow for opportunities to learn about them. This thread could be one such if you want it to be.
I didn't make the thread.

But, your reply to me was complaints about the topic. Instead of complaining about the premise of a thread to someone who didn't make the thread, make a new thread with a better discussion instead of complaining about the thread. Then we can discuss whatever it is you deem to be the better topic there.

Top 3, he has a pretty solid resume with wins over 7 top 10 lhw opponents and 4 title defenses.

Because he could easily beat rampage, couture, evans or shogun... lets not be dense.
Dense would be ignoring that question is legacy at 205, not potential fight outcomes. I really wish people would read the title and opening post before quoting me

It is very hard to rank LHWs after Jones; I feel like DC is 2 but at the same time it is hard to say that because he split time between LHW and HW and he only had the belt cus Jones was such a fuck up, but yet DC shits on any 205er that ever existed minus Jones and Gus, also too, when Chuck was at his peak, a lot of the best 205ers were in PRIDE, before Jones it was rock-paper-scissors;
Chuck beat Tito twice
Chuck went 2-1 against Randy
Chuck went 0-2 against Page, once in a ring, once in a cage
Page beat Machida who slaughtered Evans who humped Page to a UD
Page got killed by Shogun but beat Hendo who beat Shogun twice
Tito beat Wand and Vitor but couldn't beat Chuck or Randy

I would say Chuck is top 5 for sure just based on who he beat and what he accomplished but it is interesting how that division went pre-Jones

He's up there!

Jon Jones
Daniel Cormier
Randy Couture
Chuck Liddell

?

top ten. his wins over randy and tito (all by KO) were massive for the division in the context of north america. he’s got some good wins over guy mezger, alistair overeem, and babalu as well. again, all by KO. when chuck was at his best, he was ruthless and unbelievably powerful. definitely a top ten guy of all time at 205.

He's up there!

Jon Jones
Daniel Cormier
Randy Couture
Chuck Liddell

?
i’d put shogun, wanderlei, and hendo ahead of dc. he just doesn’t have the longevity at 205. only had a handful of fights there, and lost a couple to jones.

now that i think about it, diving through his record you Definity have a point. maybe double champ is altering my perception. <mma4>

Yeah because he's a ufc company man, so him and the ufc never let him not talk about his Champ champ status, and he still wears the belt during live pre-fight segments years after his retirement. Every ufc fight card he's getting acknowledged for being such a great champ. And they make up random segments that help him stroke his ego. And thus rewriting history.

But the truth is he fought a Starbucks barrista.(which is by far his biggest accomplishment getting cummins like 8 fights in the ufc) just so it didn't look bad for DC, he got his soul owned by Jones. Ruined ufc 300 by lay and praying on silva. Especially once he felt that liver shot. And is a terrible commentator always encouraging the wrestle to go for a td to steal the round. Now he did take some heavy hits from the best. But most those heavy hitters could barely stop an ankle pick. I could go on and one day I will.

Yeah because he's a ufc company man, so him and the ufc never let him not talk about his Champ champ status, and he still wears the belt during live pre-fight segments years after his retirement. Every ufc fight card he's getting acknowledged for being such a great champ. And they make up random segments that help him stroke his ego. And thus rewriting history.

But the truth is he fought a Starbucks barrista.(which is by far his biggest accomplishment getting cummins like 8 fights in the ufc) just so it didn't look bad for DC, he got his soul owned by Jones. Ruined ufc 300 by lay and praying on silva. Especially once he felt that liver shot. And is a terrible commentator always encouraging the wrestle to go for a td to steal the round. Now he did take some heavy hits from the best. But most those heavy hitters could barely stop an ankle pick. I could go on and one day I will.
nah bro dc is an excellent fighter. there's too much obvious vitrol and bias in your post for me to take it seriously man.

Why is everyone in thread forgetting Seraldo Babalu? He's one of the greatest Light Heavyweights of the night!

I'm not sure I'd rate Chuck above Randy at LHW.

Randy dominated chuck when they first fought--the fact that chuck avenged that loss 3 years later against a geriatric Randy doesn't erase that any more than Tito's knockout of chuck erases his losses.

hahah people putting him in top3 all time are crazy or watched only ufc... so many better fighters... shogun, lil nog, jones,hendo,wand, rampage, top10 for sure just closer to 6-8 spot maybe in my opinion.

Back