Where does Chuck Liddell ranks All-Time in UFC LHW division?

Like I wrote in the post you quoted; he has 9 fights in the division. It's not a question of if he matches up well against the others. It's what he actually did. 7-1-1. 3 defenses, beat 2 way over the hill middleweights and a fighter signed just to give Cormier a fight after Evans had to back out with an injury.

His legacy at light heavyweight is not better than Shamrock, Ortiz, Liddell.
Couture, Evans, Griffin are all comparable because of what they did for the sport.
I think time and how annoying he can be on the mic is fading your memory a bit. DC was a fucking monster in his prime, who else but Bones would've beat him at LHW?

Can't think of anyone else more suited to the #2 or #3 spot honestly

As his full time job because he can't make a living from MMA alone?

Good point. The math teacher from Ohio was able to quit his gig while the fire fighter from Ohio couldn't.

Guess Chuck's era really was legit in money as well.

What could Rashad possibly do to beat DC???
I’m a big DC fan but his wins at LHW weren’t that great. His best win is Gus. Rashaad beat Sonnen, Forrest, Hendo, Rampage, Bisping, & Liddell.

I think all time DC definitely ranks higher, just not at UFC LHW.

Why is DC a clear #2? Rumble twice, Gustafsson, old man Hendo, old man Silva, Oezdemir and a guy signed just so DC could fight on a card after his original fight fell through. Personally I don't see how that's better than Rampage, Couture, Evans or Shogun
Because he could easily beat rampage, couture, evans or shogun... lets not be dense.

Good point. The math teacher from Ohio was able to quit his gig while the fire fighter from Ohio couldn't.

Guess Chuck's era really was legit in money as well.
Sure, bud. Whatever you say; you're welcome to your opinion. I expressed mine, nothing more. I'm not in the mood for debate on this subject so award yourself 10 bonus internets if it makes you feel better.

During his career he beat Randy Couture twice, Vitor Belfort, Tito Ortiz twice, Kevin Randleman, Alistair Overeem & Wanderlei Silva.

Where does he ranks among UFC LHWs in All-Time ranks?
A young Liddell was savage...seriously scary. He beat Randy and Randy could not keep him down after his first loss. He went to Pride, beat overeem, Loss to Rampage, but took a beating but delivered too...thats a great fight to watch...beat a young Vitor...a young randleman...he was too old imo in the rematch with Jackson, since that fight...he kept losing...2007 was the year..he was 38 that year or around...you know, they get old eventually...AS went down hill around the same age.

I think young Liddell was one of the best, being able to beat anyone on a given day...a young Liddell could have beaten anyone imo at LHW...I put him as top 5...JJ is first, but, Liddell could have beaten JJ imo on a good day....Liddell is at least top 5 imo...

Here’s my top five (peds don’t matter)

1. Jon jones
2. Rampage
3. Shogun
4. Chuck
5. Wanderlei

Like I wrote in the post you quoted; he has 9 fights in the division. It's not a question of if he matches up well against the others. It's what he actually did. 7-1-1. 3 defenses, beat 2 way over the hill middleweights and a fighter signed just to give Cormier a fight after Evans had to back out with an injury.

His legacy at light heavyweight is not better than Shamrock, Ortiz, Liddell.
Couture, Evans, Griffin are all comparable because of what they did for the sport.

Meh I see what you're saying but I just can't put any of those fighters you mentioned above Cormier IMO. Just my take on it, your opinion is perfectly reasonable.

The game completely changed in the decade between when the guys you mentioned were relevant and when Cormier was relevant, it's apples n oranges to me.

#1 as far as impacting the UFC. He really carried the UFC through some tough times. That is why Dana loved him and gave him a job for life, which lasted for a few years then he found a way to get out of it.

Top 5 overall for sure. I have him at #2 behind Boners

He should be within top 7 . It's tough to rank him though. There were a lot of good guys at LHW and they all did their part.

UFC top 3 is Tito, Chuck, and DC. Not sure the order.

Jones is obviously excluded due to his cheating throughout his career.
As I just said above, I don't have much to say on this, but Tito clearly ducked Chuck and Randy Couture spanked him. To me it's crazy to suggest Tito should be ranked ahead of either of them, not to mention DC.

Reactions: HHJ
During his career he beat Randy Couture twice, Vitor Belfort, Tito Ortiz twice, Kevin Randleman, Alistair Overeem & Wanderlei Silva.

Where does he ranks among UFC LHWs in All-Time ranks?
Hurt by the fact he wasn't even the best in his era and lost to Rampage 2x both in Pride and the UFC when the crossover happened.
He would still have success in today's LHW though and could arguably get the belt again. He matches up well with Jones in both their primes.

As I just said above, I don't have much to say on this, but Tito clearly ducked Chuck and Randy Couture spanked him. To me it's crazy to suggest Tito should be ranked ahead of either of them, not to mention DC.
Randy defended the lhw belt about 0 times. Tito held on to it for three years and six defenses. Randy might have had a better career, but as a lhw, Tito was better in the UFC.

By UFC resume at LHW, I would say he is #2.
Including Pride, maybe #3 behind Shogun

Randy defended the lhw belt about 0 times. Tito held on to it for three years and six defenses. Randy might have had a better career, but as a lhw, Tito was better in the UFC.
Again, you're welcome to your opinion. But there's not much of a discussion to be had if you're going to ignore the entire history and context of fighters who mostly or partly contested in other orgs, IMO.

Again, you're welcome to your opinion. But there's not much of a discussion to be had if you're going to ignore the entire history and context of fighters who mostly or partly contested in other orgs, IMO.
If that's your problem with the discussion, don't talk about it or start a thread with what you do want to discuss.

Back