Where does Chuck Liddell ranks All-Time in UFC LHW division?

User9992

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
During his career he beat Randy Couture twice, Vitor Belfort, Tito Ortiz twice, Kevin Randleman, Alistair Overeem & Wanderlei Silva.

Where does he ranks among UFC LHWs in All-Time ranks?

IMHO he is top 5. number one is obvious LOL... after that it gets murky, DC is a clear number 2. shogun is 3, after that? idk man.

IMHO he is top 5. number one is obvious LOL... after that it gets murky, DC is a clear number 2. shogun is 3, after that? idk man.
Why is DC a clear #2? Rumble twice, Gustafsson, old man Hendo, old man Silva, Oezdemir and a guy signed just so DC could fight on a card after his original fight fell through. Personally I don't see how that's better than Rampage, Couture, Evans or Shogun

Why is DC a clear #2? Rumble twice, Gustafsson, old man Hendo, old man Silva, Oezdemir and a guy signed just so DC could fight on a card after his original fight fell through. Personally I don't see how that's better than Rampage, Couture, Evans or Shogun
now that i think about it, diving through his record you Definity have a point. maybe double champ is altering my perception. <mma4>

Top 5 and it's not a question. Where specifically he ranks, that's an open question. Wanderlei's PRIDE run was epic, but Chuck's time as a top dog in the UFC was pretty damn impressive, too, especially considering before he was champ he was knocking off the best the division had to offer while Tito was refusing to fight him. It also matters if we're talking about resume or skill, i.e. his career wins and accomplishments versus how he stacks up prime versus prime against the best guys in the division's history. Either way, if you don't think that he's near the top of the list then you just don't know what it was like to experience the era of The Iceman.

IDK, after the UFC loss to Rampage his career came off the rails - gotta take that into account.

I think Frank Shamrock should definitely be included in the conversation - as basically a welterweight, he handled bigger fighters like Tito Ortiz, Enson Inoue, Vernon White, Jeremy Horn (even Bas once wayyyyy back).

The man was a pioneer and a prototype with a well rounded ground and standup game.

Last edited:
Chuck was from a time when his biggest challenge was a math teacher. For the time and p4p he's one of the all time greats. But now, try to imagine him against more recent competition and you will have your answer.

Off the top of my head, in terms of strongest legacies at LHW:

Jones
Shogun
Wandy
Chuck
Page

Edit: after writing this list, realized the thread was about UFC(vs mma). At the risk f being that guy, I'd argue this is an exercise in futility, given so many of the top 205'ers built their names in Pride, despite also having success in the UFC.

Last edited:
I don’t agree that DC is a clear second. The ghost of Dan henderson, gustaffson (arguably) rumble twice and volkan. Plus he didn’t actually beat the champion to get his belt.
other fighters have better records in the division, and I do mean in the division. I don’t care how many times machida got finished at middleweight or whatever

During his career he beat Randy Couture twice, Vitor Belfort, Tito Ortiz twice, Kevin Randleman, Alistair Overeem & Wanderlei Silva.

Where does he ranks among UFC LHWs in All-Time ranks?
Top 10 that’s it

He wouldn’t make that in todays lhw

Back