Where do you rank Jose Aldo in your person all-time greats list ?

Top 5 maybe?

Top 5 if you remove Jones and Silva for cheating anyways

Otherwise top 10

They are weak compared to McGregor, Holloway, and Ortega. None of them will ever hold a belt again. Aldo is part of this old generation crowd too, albeit the best of them.

<{CMPALM}>

Aldo is a tricky one for me, he'd be very high on my list top 5 for sure, but even though he never popped I pretty much regard him as a drug cheat...

The whole spilled piss and some training partner cop arresting the tester was up there with Jon Jones hiding under the Octagon at Jackson/Wink, worse even since we know for sure it happened...

Hard to give a guy an asterisk without a positive test, but he makes me do this face.
YawningBoilingDegus-small.gif

Never tested positive GOAT:
•GSP
•MM
•Aldo
•Fedor (he’d be higher if not for Pride shenanigans...makes me wonder)
•Conor (will move higher provided he fights several more times, if he does I have little doubt he will end up #1 or 2)
•Could’ve been if only: David Terrell

1.Khabib
2.GSP
3.Fedor

Can a goat lose to a journeyman in the middle of his prime?

I don't think so.

I do like Conor tho. But lets not get psychotic here.

There’s a difference between journeyman and gatekeeper.

Nate’s a gatekeeper and a damn good one, not a journeyman that travels between different promotions all the time.

Journeyman doesn’t always need to mean something bad, either.

Eddie Alvarez is a journeyman. He’s fought everywhere and won belts.

He still moved around like all journeymen do, but he achieved the #1 spot everywhere he’s been.

There’s successful fighters that chose to sign in different promotions regularly and some that had no choice because they get cut all the time.

The ones that get cut are usually the ones who end up in regional shows instead of a big brand.

Nate’s been in the UFC for 10+ years and been a top 10 for a log, long time. He’s literally the definition of a gatekeeper.

Also, Nate is stylistically just a tough match up for Conor. He has a few specific traits/abilities that make him hell for Conor to deal with.

Conor has beaten much better fighters compared to Nate in terms of skill and such (Aldo, Mendes).

Now for the boring old saying.. styles make fights.

Not making excuses, the truth is that Nate is simply a tough match up for Conor.

“Didn’t read lol”

Last edited:
Non-existence

6-8

Fedor, GSP, Andy, Jones, MM all clearly ahead. He's in group with DC, Hughes, BJ, Shogun. I'd rank him fifth behind the top five. Weight class too shallow to overtake guys like Andy, GSP, Fedor and Jones and MM has never lost in his division.

only behind gsp and fedor if jones and andy are out cuz of the peds. cruz behind him

How he is the goat over GSP and Fedor ? The problem its that you are a conor dickrider not that im a conor hater . You conor fans are the most delusional fans in the mma community . So by your shitty logic floyd mayweather is the goat of mma ?

No, Floyd is the GOAT of striking. Conor is GOAT of MMA. If Conor had beaten Floyd he would’ve been GOAT of combat sports entirely. You know it’s true. Lol of course you call me a Conor dickrider.

Any time someone points out a FACT about Conor, they get called nuthugger and all that. If you can’t accept FACTS about Conor, you’re obviously just a hater. Why is it so difficult for you guys to just admit how good he is? Does it physically hurt or something?

And we already talked about a Fedor, didn’t we? Unless that was with someone else. He was HW GOAT, Conor is MMA GOAT. Bigfoot beat Fedor n became HW GOAT, though. That’s how it works.

Keep up.

1.Jones
2.GSP
3.Silva
4.Aldo
5.Fedor

No, Floyd is the GOAT of striking. Conor is GOAT of MMA. If Conor had beaten Floyd he would’ve been GOAT of combat sports entirely. You know it’s true. Lol of course you call me a Conor dickrider.

Any time someone points out a FACT about Conor, they get called nuthugger and all that. If you can’t accept FACTS about Conor, you’re obviously just a hater. Why is it so difficult for you guys to just admit how good he is? Does it physically hurt or something?

And we already talked about a Fedor, didn’t we? Unless that was with someone else. He was HW GOAT, Conor is MMA GOAT. Bigfoot beat Fedor n became HW GOAT, though. That’s how it works.
how does the goat get choked out by nate diaz and then win a crappy majority decision against him in a rematch?

ben henderson like 50-43'd nate diaz when nate got his only title shot. that fight was a total blowout. nate is a gatekeeper.

And we already talked about a Fedor, didn’t we? Unless that was with someone else. Bigfoot beat him...
Why is conor the goat ? Give us a fact ? How many times he defended a belt ? Anderson , Jones , GSP could have been double champs in any given day but the ydidnt have the favorism . Wake up from your dreams buddy conor is retired and is not even top 20 in the goat lists . Skilled yes he is very skilled in the feet but he is not great .

He's definitely in the top 4 IMO.

No particular order
Fedor
GSP
MM
Aldo

Bro, you are forgetting Conor at #1.. what’s the matter with you, Vincent? I thought we went over this?

Definitely high on my list, huge fan of his run going back to WEC. My favorite fighter in the sport for a solid 7 or 8 year stretch, one hell of a run. Im still shook from the Conor fight, my mma fandom may never recover, i need therapy

Why is conor the goat ? Give us a fact ? How many times he defended a belt ? Anderson , Jones , GSP could have been double champs in any given day but the ydidnt have the favorism . Wake up from your dreams buddy conor is retired and is not even top 20 in the goat lists . Skilled yes he is very skilled in the feet but he is not great .

He beat #1 Aldo to become the GOAT. Then solidified it by winning the LW belt from Eddie after the once invincible-in-everybody’s-minds-RDA ducked him.

If Anderson could’ve held two belts simultaneously then why was he scared to fight Jones? Same with Georges.. why was he afraid of Anderson? Exactly.

The only one who could’ve held two belts was BJ Penn because he wasn’t scared of anybody like Silva, GSP, and RDA when he ducked Conor.

RDA knew he was gonna get slept by Conor n felt Eddie would be easier.. hahaha he got smacked up anyway!

And Conor is great on the feet. He’s 2nd GOAT of striking, Floyd is #1. Conor is MMA’s best ever still.

He beat #1 Aldo to become the GOAT. Then solidified it by winning the LW belt from Eddie after the once invincible-in-everybody’s-minds-RDA ducked him.

If Anderson could’ve held two belts simultaneously then why was he scared to fight Jones? Same with Georges.. why was he afraid of Anderson? Exactly.

The only one who could’ve held two belts was BJ Penn because he wasn’t scared of anybody like Silva, GSP, and RDA when he ducked Conor.

RDA knew he was gonna get slept by Conor n felt Eddie would be easier.. hahaha he got smacked up anyway!

And Conor is great on the feet. He’s 2nd GOAT of striking, Floyd is #1. Conor is MMA’s best ever still.
Honestly cant wait for the day MODS stop allowing fuckin stupid shit like this so the page can go back to normal like it used to be.

Back