When Did Jon Jones Start Using Steroids? (Chuck Liddell Explains)

When do you think Jones started using steroids?

• Total voters
what about college wrestling,
that's where a lot of athletes start to juice
Got to the point. I think you're right. I am speculating that Jon has toyed with peds early and got into full cycling by joining JacksonWink.

Chuck knows what he's talking about.

The original cocaine snorting, hooker smashing, eye poking LHW badass
I don't recall chocolate L ever poking eyes. How dare you compare that pos to chocolate L

It wouldn't be the first time Jon tried to gain some kind of advantage over his opponents with dirty stuff. Eye pokes weren't accidental, kicks to the knees weren't accidental, that arm twist on Glover wasn't accidental, three failed tests aren't accidental.

I know the knees and the glover stuff weren't illegal, but it goes to show how he will do ANYTHING for an advantage.

Well, in the rulebook it states(or stated, not sure) that strikes to the knee caps were illegal and then Jon started attacking right above the knee to hyper extend it.

Now it seems everyone is conditioned to not think anything of him striking the knees of his opponents.

2r4ho2e1.gif

Side note , DC is better than chuck.
Side note, Chuck is a much better striker with more power than DC. Which is relevant to the post you were responding to:

Side note, if dc could close the distance and repeatedly find Jons chin, prime chuck would have a legitimate shot at knocking Jones out

When did Chuck start using jungle juice...

<seedat>

Page and Jones are two completely different fighters. Page actually has very good MMA boxing, especially in the pocket with straight shots and can actually deliver power. He was basically the perfectly designed fighter to beat Liddell. Jones meanwhile has hilariously poor boxing and zero power in his hands, plus he's relatively slow compared to prime Page and Chuck. Liddell would absolutely light him up and make what Gus did to him look like a light sparring session. You could even allow Jon his beloved PED arsenal and he still gets smoked
What's Chuck's reach again? Jones stomps out any version of Chuck. Fuck Chuck wasn't even the best of his era, Jones is the best LHW of all time. Prime Chuck vs Prime Hendo is a better match up and even then I wouldn't pick Chuck.

The man pissed hot.

I'm not interested in when he began cheating.

He cheated. He's a cheat. End/thread

What's Chuck's reach again? Jones stomps out any version of Chuck. Fuck Chuck wasn't even the best of his era, Jones is the best LHW of all time. Prime Chuck vs Prime Hendo is a better match up and even then I wouldn't pick Chuck.
Chuck's reach is about 2.5" shorter than Gus' and 4.5" longer than DC (who was able to get inside and crack Jon multiple times). And that's going on Chuck's measured reach from years ago which honestly looks a bit short when you actually watch his fights. All of the old fighters have suspiciously short reach measurements, I'm wondering if they've since changed the way they measure reach

10020198.jpg

igY5XYZ.gif

It wouldn't be the first time Jon tried to gain some kind of advantage over his opponents with dirty stuff. Eye pokes weren't accidental, kicks to the knees weren't accidental, that arm twist on Glover wasn't accidental, three failed tests aren't accidental.

I know the knees and the glover stuff weren't illegal, but it goes to show how he will do ANYTHING for an advantage.
Can you explain this arm twist? I'm picturing indian rope burn and I dont think he would fuck around doing that.

I think he was always on roids...before he ever joined the UFC.

You really think a guy like Jones would give a fuck about the "morality" of roids? LMFAO.

Now as his career progressed he probably got on better shit because he had money/knowledge to do so. In the beginning, he was probably taking little doses or simple shit.

Just make roids legal, fuck it.

his test looked funky circa first dc fight, so before that id bet

If you mean he tries to swarm and get KO'd by a Jones standing elbow...or Jones trips him and elbows him to submission, then I agree.

Chuck was a good fighter, but was fortunate to fight grapplers who lacked the TDs or well-roundedness of Jones and Cormier. He couldn't beat Rampage, and would get destroyed by Jones.
MMA Math... When has jones EVER knocked anyone out with one punch? Rampage / Liddell is not a close comparison. Also, Rampage caught Liddell on a downturn. If Cormier could land on jones, Liddell kills him. Now, both on cocaine in the fight....? Who knows?

Regardless of his steroid use, Jones would rip Chuck's fat, little ugly face off.

Chuck Liddell said:
and it just seemed like he got maybe around the wrong people,

How come every time Jones fucks up people start blaming his associates? Why isn't Jon Jones ever responsible for his own decisions and actions?

Back