When Did Jon Jones Start Using Steroids? (Chuck Liddell Explains)

When do you think Jones started using steroids?

• Total voters
what about college wrestling,
that's where a lot of athletes start to juice

Rampage just had Liddell's number, and his chin was on its way out anyway.

But Liddell's a bad matchup with Jones, who historically has had issues with guys he doesn't have a huge size / reach advantage over (IE: Gustafsson, Saint-Preux).

I think Liddell stays on the outside, eats a few jabs and oblique kicks, but eventually catches Jones with an overhand right, puts him against the cage, and tees off until the referee stoppage.

Not unlike old man Couture pulling off the win against then-unbeatable Tim Sylvia, who likewise had an insane size / reach advantage over the rest of the competition.

The truth about Jones is that his time was almost up anyway. Cormier was a good win, but again Jones is exceptional at exploiting his reach over smaller fighters. He wouldn't have had such advantages at HW, and would've been dealing with power he's not accustomed to.

You are an idiot. Jones was rusty against Cormier and Jones still knocked him out. It had nothing to do with Jones time being up.

Liddell would not handle getting kick while coming on the inside amd would get tossed like a ragdoll from the clinch. Liddell had amazing takedown defense but never shown to have gteat defense against the clinch.

He's been on them since the beginning. Obviously he cycles and isn't always taking the same shit, but the narratives people are coming up with about how he started recently or that he was clean for the OSP fight or started after Gus and he didn't actually need them, etc. are off the mark. There's no such thing as a clean Jones. That guy doesn't exist as a fighter. We haven't seen him, even in his off performances. That's why he gets away with shit other guys can't and why he improved as quickly as he did. He's been juicing since before we knew who he was. He will never risk being involved in a fair fight, because he knows he'd get his ass beat. If that wasn't true, he wouldn't take them.

Flashback...

During his year-long hiatus from the Octagon, Jon Jones sought out ways to improve himself both mentally and physically.

Perhaps the most noticeable aspect of his transformation occurred thanks to a dedicated weightlifting regimen.

. . .

Jones . . . says that he is still reaping the benefits from his powerlifting routine.

“I was 240 [pounds] at one point two months ago, lifting all types of crazy weight,” Jones said during a recent conference call. “Now I’m about 218. I feel great. I feel a lot like the athlete I was before; I think I punch harder and I’m a little more explosive.”

. . .

“Before I would be hesitant about shooting on heavyweights because I would think, ‘Oh man, if I don’t finish this shot he’s gonna front headlock me, and he’s gonna tire me out.’ I have the power to finish my shots on pretty much everyone,” Jones said. “I’m just a lot more confident. I’m more confident in my abilities to muscle certain things where before everything had to be about timing and finesse. I still have the timing and finesse, but now I have the strength to back things up.”

. . .

“I’ve had a nutritionist with me. For the last 10 weeks we’ve been together. I haven’t really had a cheat meal in a long time. I feel really good...

And for those who speculate that Jones’ new program might adversely affect what he already did well in the cage, “Bones” calls that wishful thinking.

“I heard a lot of people say powerlifting is going to make Jon have a bad weight cut. I heard a lot of people say powerlifting is going to mess with Jon’s flexibility. I heard people say powerlifting is going to mess with my cardio...”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jo...ounds-Due-to-New-Weightlifting-Regimen-103603

Did his coaches advise him to bulk up?

Its like gossip at this point. Why does anyone care.....USADA doesnt work....anti-doping doesn't work.....

The technology doesn't exist to catch most athletes even under the strictest testing methods in existence.....

The VAST majority of pro athletes use and have a protocol to avoid detection.....

Voted:
  1. Before he joined the UFC

The guy has NFL brothers. The second he dropped out of college to go pro he got hooked up.

I'm guessing whenever he started power lifting. I remember seeing that pic of him looking like Uber-Reem and I was like <{fry}>

Chuck's reaction when he heard the latest Jon Jones news
2r4ho2e1.gif

You mean the same Chuck that got smashed by Rampage twice? That Chuck? Haha gimme a fucking break. Jones would beat the brakes off him.
Page and Jones are two completely different fighters. Page actually has very good MMA boxing, especially in the pocket with straight shots and can actually deliver power. He was basically the perfectly designed fighter to beat Liddell. Jones meanwhile has hilariously poor boxing and zero power in his hands, plus he's relatively slow compared to prime Page and Chuck. Liddell would absolutely light him up and make what Gus did to him look like a light sparring session. You could even allow Jon his beloved PED arsenal and he still gets smoked

what about college wrestling,
that's where a lot of athletes start to juice

Reading through this thread I was thinking the exact same thing the whole time.

Guy was a college wrestler. You think he learned his competitiveness and desire to win just from fighting? I'm willing to bet he dabbled then and felt the difference then, knowing how much they could help the rest of his life. Guess we'll never know because the guy has tested positive twice and is still posting shite like he's never done PEDs knowingly before.

It was right after the Stephan Bonnar fight. - He went from decisions to destroying people.

0a79f94b5c47149725716e96515fc3bb.gif

jones+judo+trip+bonnar.gif

155qkh4.gif

tumblr_m5qwye3rvj1ry1rm7o1_r1_400.gif

s14u3o.gif

If you haven't watched that fight. Jones gassed from 2 rounds of kicking Bonnar's ass and dropped the 3rd round.

Reading through this thread I was thinking the exact same thing the whole time.

Guy was a college wrestler. You think he learned his competitiveness and desire to win just from fighting? I'm willing to bet he dabbled then and felt the difference then, knowing how much they could help the rest of his life. Guess we'll never know because the guy has tested positive twice and is still posting shite like he's never done PEDs knowingly before.
Plus having older and younger brothers who were being groomed as NFL pros at the highest level of sports $-wise (the older of which who has actually failed an NFL PED test)? Safe to say Jones has been exposed to PEDs long before he started his MMA career

0a79f94b5c47149725716e96515fc3bb.gif

jones+judo+trip+bonnar.gif

155qkh4.gif

tumblr_m5qwye3rvj1ry1rm7o1_r1_400.gif

s14u3o.gif

If you haven't watched that fight. Jones gassed from 2 rounds of kicking Bonnar's ass and dropped the 3rd round.
Also remember bonnar was caught juicing at least twice. So by that nature He'd be harder to finish.

And also, jones may have been taking a lower level of gear and just not working out hard as he could, partying etc. or he amped his dose up to look 'ready to comeback' when he was on his break

Since we don't actually know. It is just opinions. But I think he has been tainted for a while.

Most people who take PEDs 'cycle'. They don't live on the stuff 24/7. You can see how unimpressive Jon looks off the sauce.

jon-jones-nov-19-instagram.0.0.jpg

v75stu.jpg

BPRGvvhCIAEvKft.jpg
Looks like his nfl brothers without the juice. Family who roids together stay together.

Liddell via swarming KO if these two ever fought, IMO.

Side note, if dc could close the distance and repeatedly find Jons chin, prime chuck would have a legitimate shot at knocking Jones out

I've said I think prime Chuck could beat Jones and gotten crap for it before.
Prime Chuck was the nastiest sprawler and brawler Eva.

Back