What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Hoping to get my dueling tree done this weekend and take it out next week. I have all the parts just need to get it welded up.

Got it welded up. I need to make a couple changes to the base. I'll probably do that today. But it should be good to go when I head out monday. I'll post pictures later.

Shit, the two LH 30-06 on gunbroker are listed at $850. Although mine's like ten years old and I don't think it's a T3x. Just remember it being a T3 lite.

If it’s 10 years old, it isn’t a t3x. The t3x has only been out for like a year.

CzwLOc6.jpg

Yu9VzPQ.jpg

Ht3NiaE.jpg

UYY36Vt.jpg

Hoping it works lol

Manually swinging the targets all seems to be good. I'll probably throw some grease on the paddle stems and on the tubes as well.

CzwLOc6.jpg

Yu9VzPQ.jpg

Ht3NiaE.jpg

UYY36Vt.jpg

Hoping it works lol

Manually swinging the targets all seems to be good. I'll probably throw some grease on the paddle stems and on the tubes as well.

That looks awesome, I’ll b in AZ for most of the summer doing the rehab for my ankle before heading back to AK, maybe we can meet up and shoot a bit.

I'd still probably get that T3X

Vanguards are awesome rifles, I prefer them over the tikkas usually but the tikka will win out on weight.
I know I flip flop like a motherfucker, but look at gun prices in Canada!

In an effort to be more financially responsible, I'm back on the fence. I've cancelled my 3 month preorder on my T-81, but I won't buy a 6.5 just yet. The way I see it, if I still feel as strongly about a 6.5, in the two business weeks it will take to reverse the charges on my credit card AND the 6.5 I want is still in stock, then maybe it was meant to be.

I realized that I'm giving up too quickly on my Scout and may suffer as an aspiring hunter because of it. So for now, I just bought more ammo (Hornady American Whitetail, .308, 165 grain Interlock) and one of those Primos Trigger Stick tripods as an in-field shooting aid.

I know I flip flop like a motherfucker, but look at gun prices in Canada!

In an effort to be more financially responsible, I'm back on the fence. I've cancelled my 3 month preorder on my T-81, but I won't buy a 6.5 just yet. The way I see it, if I still feel as strongly about a 6.5, in the two business weeks it will take to reverse the charges on my credit card AND the 6.5 I want is still in stock, then maybe it was meant to be.

I realized that I'm giving up too quickly on my Scout and may suffer as an aspiring hunter because of it. So for now, I just bought more ammo (Hornady American Whitetail, .308, 165 grain Interlock) and one of those Primos Trigger Stick tripods as an in-field shooting aid.

I’ve slowed way down on my gun buying lately and gone back to things I already had. Lately, the only things coming out of the safe are a kimber mo tana 308, a Winchester 70 extreme weather in 30-06, kimber talkeetna 375HH and a Winchester 70 featherweight 308. Glock 20 and a ruger redhawk 44mag.

Oh and of course my 77/22 and a beater 12g

I’ve actually sold half a dozen rifles and as many pistols over the past year.

It’s been an expensive week, I ordered a new pack raft and a pit of Simms g3 waders and g3 boots.

I’ll be all set to foot hunt moose and caribou this year, now all I have to do is rehab the everloving fuck out of my ankle.

The plan is to head to AZ, house sit for my mom in her big ass house, hit a lap pool a few hours a day, hit a gym a few times a week and do some PT sessions.

Come late July/August, get back up here to AK, move to the new town (that’s going to be awesome, there’s a liquor store there) and hunt hard.

I've been buying a ton of magazines. My wife doesn't really know exactly how many. But I think she is catching on. I'm going to lay low for a while.

I've been buying a ton of magazines. My wife doesn't really know exactly how many. But I think she is catching on. I'm going to lay low for a while.

Same principle, in fact, it should probably be easier with mags.

Building a dueling tree.

s-l1600-1-511x383.jpg

DFWRejW.jpg

W0iCCEE.jpg

15 degree angle

9z43GB9.jpg

That long pipe is just to show angle. It will have the smaller 8" x .5" pipe in the pictures above.

Going to get a 4.5' 1.5" x 1.5" x .25" angle iron, weld six 3-4" x 1" pipes for the paddles and the at the bottom weld a 12" x .75"(6" into the angle iron, 6" exposed) that will slide over the .5" pipe.
What’s the overall dimensions in the base of this if I can ask? Saw AR500 selling plates cheap right now and thinking about grabbing a pair and making some target stands. Be easier to buy a pair of stand bases obviously but still.

EDIT:
Want to do something like this

https://www.shootsteel.com/collecti...x25-short-range-rifle-target-complete-package

Last edited:
What’s the overall dimensions in the base of this if I can ask? Saw AR500 selling plates cheap right now and thinking about grabbing a pair and making some target stands. Be easier to buy a pair of stand bases obviously but still.

EDIT:
Want to do something like this

https://www.shootsteel.com/collecti...x25-short-range-rifle-target-complete-package

Each pipe is 12". I changed the outside legs to 3' for added stability.

For the base you want to build if you know someone that can weld go buy 2 pieces of angle iron, rectangular tubing and two pieces U channel iron(that can accommodate 2x4 lumber). Weld accordingly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back