What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Each pipe is 12". I changed the outside legs to 3' for added stability.

For the base you want to build if you know someone that can weld go buy 2 pieces of angle iron, rectangular tubing and two pieces U channel iron(that can accommodate 2x4 lumber). Weld accordingly.
Dad has a welding machine so I can do it that way. Tha ks

Dad has a welding machine so I can do it that way. Tha ks

The 5' 1.5" x 1.5" x .25" piece of angle iron I bought at a local metal place was only $16. All the threaded gas line piping was actually pretty expensive. So the base you want to make will probably only be like $40 if you have a local metal place that sells small quantity stuff.

l_100024559_1.jpg

p_100012645_2.jpg

x3

I used some of my "not getting a 6.5 Creedmoor" money to pick this up:

field_logic_iq_ultra_lite_5_bow_sight_1414217_1.jpg

I used some of my "not getting a 6.5 Creedmoor" money to pick this up:

field_logic_iq_ultra_lite_5_bow_sight_1414217_1.jpg

I can’t wait to start shootings my bow again. I wouldn’t mind taking a moose with it this coming season, caribou would be cool but I ever really get close enough to them to use a bow.

Gotta keep you foggos on your toes. I'M gonna have the biggest dick around here.

I'm betting you've a long way to go to catch @Stoic1. When he passes they'll uncover a museum. :eek::D

How'd you decide on that particular rifle? Choices these days are off the hook.

I'm betting you've a long way to go to catch @Stoic1. When he passes they'll uncover a museum. :eek::D

How'd you decide on that particular rifle? Choices these days are off the hook.

It was either this or a Daniel Defense V7, but that was a little over my budget for an impulse purchase. Aside from the fact that I like the free float handguard and flip up sights, the trigger is absolute butter and it got rave reviews from everyone in the store. Figured why the hell not.

It was either this or a Daniel Defense V7, but that was a little over my budget for an impulse purchase. Aside from the fact that I like the free float handguard and flip up sights, the trigger is absolute butter and it got rave reviews from everyone in the store. Figured why the hell not.

Makes sense. Plus you had a chance to finger-fuck a few others so that's good.

Just need to get an ergo suregrip on there and an optic. Instant Rambo.

I've handled a Tikka T3 before, thought it was well made, but would you buy a new one sight unseen? I'm basically trying to decide whether I drive the 8+ hour round trip just to fondle one before I buy it, or have it shipped.

No, non-residents can only temporarily import their hunting firearms; they're legally not supposed to stay in Canada. The US does export checks too.
I bought a new tika T3 super lite SS 223 about 8 months ago unseen, its worked flawlessly out the box

I think they replaced some of the plastic parts with meta parts since so many people were getting aftermarket parts to fix those issues. Also the stock is different.
They akso made the ejection port bigger so its easier to single hand feed it

Just out of curiosity are Howa rifles popular in the US as there basically a Weatherby in a shitty stock

I'd say that they are lower on the list than most. Tikka, Remington, Browning, Winchester, Savage, Ruger are all probably more popular.

I'd say that they are lower on the list than most. Tikka, Remington, Browning, Winchester, Savage, Ruger are all probably more popular.
Which sucks as I have a Weatherby with a Howa action and I'd say it's receiver is more bomb proof than the Remington, Savage, and Ruger.

MkId3NQ.jpg

ZsoYIwv.jpg

It's here, already killed an arrow because I didn't line up the pins with the string like an idiot. When I restring my bow, I think I'll go back to something more neutral like grey & black. Too Chistmas-y with the red and green.

Back