Opinion What's your favorite conspiracy / crackpot theory?

Lmao. Whatever you gotta tell yourself to justify your self imposed ignorance on the matter.
Science doesn't accept it, and they weren't forced into that position by my ignorance.

They reached it on their own, and you refuse it.

What it comes down to is that these fellas simply haven't done their homework, so they scoff at the idea from a position of ignorance. I can't really blame them I guess, as the phenomena is riddled with hoaxery, which is quite the deterrent.

You've got me intrigued. Do you know of any good bigfoot documentaries I could watch?

Gotta check that one out.

To answer ts

My favourite lately is flat earth.

Funny how ppl get triggered over that one.

Flat earth is my favorite by far, but everyone knows it, so I thought I'd contribute a fresh one.

I'll spoil the ending....they don't find him!

I don't believe in bigfoot, I share your sentiment that we obviously would have found him by now, but Beargrounds is strong in his belief so it makes me want to check it out. Plus, he's right that I'm largely ignorant. All I know is the Patterson footage, which looks like a dude in a suit to me.

I don't believe in bigfoot, I share your sentiment that we obviously would have found him by now, but Beargrounds is strong in his belief so it makes me want to check it out. Plus, he's right that I'm largely ignorant. All I know is the Patterson footage, which looks like a dude in a suit to me.
If Bigfoot was as lackadaisical about being spotted by humans as he was in that film, he'd be dumpster diving in the Taco Bell parking lot.

You've got me intrigued. Do you know of any good bigfoot documentaries I could watch?

This one is pretty decent (Bigfoot's Reflection), I came across it on netflix not long ago:

John Bindernagel, the wildlife biologist featured in the above documentary, wrote a pretty good book on the topic titled, "The Discovery of the Sasquatch."

img115-300x300.jpg

Here's a website you can read about his work on:

http://sasquatchbiologist.org/

Jeff Meldrum on Rogan Podcast is also good listen:

A YT channel to listen to eyewitness accounts:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFqYe-UpZi_q-vLF_Pwyig/videos

Interview with John Green, who's compiled a database of reports and tracks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Willison_Green

Last edited:
The one about Trudeau being Fidel Castro's son is great. No matter how many documents you produce to prove that it was impossible for Fidel to be the dad, you can't dismiss the photographic resemblance.

To be clear, I simply believe it's a possibility that they're out there. I'm not claiming outright that they exist, and never have.

Survivorman, on science channel had a episode on Bigfoot that was interesting.

Either he turned his show into a one off Ghosthunters hoax show, for Bigfoot for one episode, or he caught something on infrared camera and audio recording, rushing his camp site.

I'm honestly not sure which it was.

What hoax are you talking about?

If you're referring to the PG film, you might want to check you facts again - because even with regards to that you'd be wrong in what you're claiming. Neither Gimlin nor Patterson ever admitted to it being a hoax, although it's definitely disputable as to whether not it was.

Countless bumpkins have said they've seen a giant biped. This almost exclusively in the North West, where I am from. I have talked to these people time and time again. Time and time again, their shit makes no sense. On the face of it, this bipedal ape makes no sense.

Why are there apes on the West coast of America, yet nowhere else in the US?

Why, with what science has taught us about geographical distribution, are there giant bipedal apes here?

Why has not a single piece of verifiable evidence held up to even the lightest of scrutiny?

In the Gimlin/Patterson film, why does the ape walk in such a clumsy, humanlike manner? Across the state, wherever this animal went, it's arm strength would be an extreme aid in climbing. Yet, this obvious guy in a suit clumsily waves it's arms around like some animal waiting to be killed.

Bigfoot is like Dracula, Chupacabra, and all these local myths across the Earth.

I wish aliens were true, that would make the world more interesting. But I don't think I believe in any conspiracy theory right now. I mean, there are conspiracies in politics but the theories about them are bullshit and the truth usually comes out a few years down the road. Like when the US faked a north vietnamese attack on their ships to justify war.

Even though it was conclusively proven now that they all died, through DNA testing, the idea the Anastasia Romanov lived must have been a good one.

I'm fascinated with mysterious events, murders and people that have gone missing under strange circumstances.

As for conspiracy theories, I do not believe that it's from the goodness of the heart that most of the Western world has opened up the gates for immigrants. I also don't believe it's because they want cheap labor either.

You just impressed me with this post. Whether you believe it or not doesn't effect your curiousity and you've overcome the hardests words to say "i don't know"

It's why I see fundamentalist christans and scientists the same, they are both set in their beliefs and limit their learning.
Best post of the thread

Countless bumpkins have said they've seen a giant biped. This almost exclusively in the North West, where I am from. I have talked to these people time and time again. Time and time again, their shit makes no sense. On the face of it, this bipedal ape makes no sense.

Why are there apes on the West coast of America, yet nowhere else in the US?

Why, with what science has taught us about geographical distribution, are there giant bipedal apes here?

Why has not a single piece of verifiable evidence held up to even the lightest of scrutiny?

In the Gimlin/Patterson film, why does the ape walk in such a clumsy, humanlike manner? Across the state, wherever this animal went, it's arm strength would be an extreme aid in climbing. Yet, this obvious guy in a suit clumsily waves it's arms around like some animal waiting to be killed.

Bigfoot is like Dracula, Chupacabra, and all these local myths across the Earth.

You're incorrect in assuming that the phenomena is restricted to the west coast, and nowhere else within the US.

Wood Ape Sightings: Correlations to Annual Rainfall Totals, Waterways, Human Population Densities and Black Bear Habitat Zones

When one impartially studies the sum total of all the reports it becomes evident that there do indeed seem to be correlations and patterns that could be representative of a living species.

Among these correlations, particularly in Texas, is the likelihood of sighting reports in areas with certain amounts of annual rainfall. The same pattern is also evident in the body of reports that originate in other states where there are divergent rainfall totals in different parts of each state, such as Oregon, Washington, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Montana, Colorado and California. (Conversely, in states with widespread abundant rainfall totals, such as Arkansas and Louisiana, a rainfall total/reported bigfoot encounters correlation is not evident). There is also a pattern of reported sightings along rivers, creeks or lakes. Reported sightings and human population densities seem to have some correlation, as does the distribution of alleged bigfoot sightings and areas viewed as suitable black bear habitat.

An abundance of reports even come in from the NY and New England areas. A good book to read about those region's activity:

51Vd6DBX93L._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Interview with one of the authors:

I don't really feel like getting in discussing the PG film. It's hardly all there is to talk about with regards to the topic, and getting into a debate about that famous film usually just bogs down the discussion. That said, I'll leave this here for you to consider. It's a bio-mechanical breakdown of the subject's movements by an expert (Dr. Dmitri D. Donskoy) that is in opposition with your assertion that the movements are clumsy.

A Qualitative Biomechanical Analysis of the Locomotive Movement of the Subject of the 1967 Film Footage

Dr. Dmitri D. Donskoy
Chief of the Dept. of Biomechanics at the USSR Central Institute of Physical Culture in Moscow, 1973

As a result of repeated viewings of the walk of the two footed creature in the Patterson film and detailed examination of the successive stills from it, one is left with the impression of a fully spontaneous and highly efficient pattern of locomotion, with all the particular movements combined in an integral whole suggesting a smoothly operating and coherent system.

In all the strides the movement of the arms and of the legs is well coordinated. A forward swing of the right arm, for example, is accompanied by that of the left leg. This is called cross-limb coordination and is a must for man, and is natural in many patterns of locomotion in quadrupeds (in walking and trotting, for instance).

The strides are energetic and big, with the leg swung far forward. When man extends the leg that far he walks very fast and thus overcomes by momentum the "braking effect" of the virtual prop that is provided by the forward leg. Momentum is proportional to mass and speed, so the more massive the biped the less speed (and vice versa) is needed to overcome the braking effect of the leading leg in striding.

The arms move in swinging motions, which means the muscles are exerted at the beginning of each cycle, after which they relax and the movement continues by momentum. The character of the arm movements indicates that the arms are massive and the muscles strong.

After each heel strike the creature's leg bends, taking on the full weight of the body and smoothing over the impact of the step, acting as a shock absorber. During this phase certain muscles of the leg are extended and become tense in preparation for the subsequent toe-off.

In a normal human walk such considerable knee flexion as is exhibited by the film creature is not observed; it is practiced only in cross country skiing. This characteristic makes one think that the creature is very heavy and its toe-off is powerful, which would contribute to rapid progression.

In the swinging of the leg, considerable flexion is observed in the joints, with different parts of the limb lagging behind each other: the foot's movement is behind the shank's, which is behind the hip's. This kind of movement is peculiar to massive limbs with well-relaxed muscles. In such a case the movements of the limbs look fluid and easy, with no breaks or jerks in the extreme points of each cycle. The creature uses to great advantage the effect of muscle resilience, which is scarcely used by modern man in the usual conditions of life.

The gait of the creature is confident, the strides are regular, and exhibit no signs of loss of balance, of wavering, or any redundant movements. In the two strides during which the creature makes a turn to the right, in the direction of the camera, the movement is accomplished with a turn of the torso. This reveals alertness and, possibly, a somewhat limited mobility of the head. (True, in some critical situations man also turns his whole torso and not just head alone.) During the turn the creature spreads its arms widely to increase stability.

In the toe-off phase the sole of the creature's foot is visible. By human standards it is large for the height of the creature. No longitudinal arch typical of the human foot is in view. The hind part of the foot formed by the heel bone protrudes considerably back. Such proportions and anatomy facilitate the work of the muscles which make standing postures possible and increase the force of propulsion in walking. Lack of an arch may be caused by the great weight of the creature.

The movements are harmonious and repeated uniformly from step to step; harmony is provided by synergy (the combined operation of a whole group of muscles).

Since the creature is man-like and bipedal, its walk resembles in principle the gait of modern man. But all its movements indicate that its weight is much greater, its muscles especially much stronger, and its walk swifter than that of man.

Lastly, we can note a characteristic of the creature's walk that defies exact description: expressiveness of movement. In man this quality is sometimes manifest in goal-oriented sporting or labor activities, and leaves the impression of economy and accuracy of movement. This characteristic can be noted by an experienced observer even if he does not know the specifics of a given activity. “What need be done is neatly done” is another way of describing expressiveness of movement, which indicates that the motor system characterized by this quality is well adapted to the task it is called upon to perform. In other words, neat perfection is typical of those movements which through regular use have become habitual and automatic.

On the whole the most important thing is the consistency of all the above-mentioned characteristics. They not only simply occur, but interact in many ways. And all these factors taken together allow us to evaluate the walk of the creature as a natural movement, without any signs of artfulness that would appear in intentional imitations.

At the same time, despite the diversity of human gaits, such a walk as is demonstrated by the creature in the film is absolutely non-typical of man.

http://www.bigfootresearch.com/index.php?name=News&file=print&sid=164

Back