What's up with the cuck relationship Americans have with the police

It's backlash against the media for manipulation and wild exaggeration. Cop is a job. It isn't a religion or ethnicity. They make mistakes sometimes but they aren't able to declare war on anyone and if you're a normal person your interactions with the police have probably been about as intense as your interactions with the UPS guy. Usually a smile and wave, maybe a minor argument, nothing special.

-Initial story: "Innocent Black Boy Gunned Down by White Supremacist Cop"

Gullible ghetto folk with no information filters go commit racial revenge beatings and burn their own city down

-Revised story: "Debate of Details in White Police Shooting of Innocent Boy."

By this point the racial lines are already drawn and it's "No longer about what happened, it's about stopping this genocide!"

During the same period thousands of targeted black-on-white murders and rapes occurred, as they do year-round with practically zero retribution. The mainstream media refuses to report on the basis that such stories are "divisive".

-Actual story a year later in tiny print on the back page "Man Killed by Police "Lunged" at Officers, Under Influence of Bath Salts, HIV+, Had Bragged on Facebook About 'Killin a Pig Tonight'"

One of the most angering parts is that when the police really do just open fire on someone for no reason -- cops are subject to mental problems just like anyone else at any other job -- we basically ignore it. 90% of the stories are fake racebaiting so when something real comes along we roll our eyes.

Pulling a gun on someone should be a good feeling?

Lol at talking shit on people that do serve calling them snowflakes. Cops are human beings, period. @Possum Jenkins aka Pissum, the guy who admitted to getting excited while showering with other boys in high school, talking tough, LOL. Pissum is the guy with that Black male repardtions attitude who cries about White privilege and how Blacks have it so tough!! Boohooo everything is racist!!

You're a coward and even the fattest of cops are more alpha than your beta ass.

Lol. Can't even argue properly without spazzing out.

Unstable, aggressive idiots like you are the reason bodycams are needed. Enjoy getting a gun pulled on you, and cleaning up bums' shit. Then again, getting your GED at age 20 wasn't going to get you much more, now was it?

I've had this discussion with people here many times explaining this. Do you know how many times we have to draw our gun on people in a week because people are acting very weird, defiant, resistant and have crazy priors? Not a good feeling especially when it never should have come to that if people weren't such assholes, pieces of shit or drugged out of their minds.

I always show respect to police, they have a tough job to do and they just want to make it home to their families every day.

To protect and serve. Look I just said not seconds ago I think most of the problems with the police arent the cops themselves but the laws they are tasked with enforcing but lets not act like there arent aggro cops out there with a chip on their shoulder .... Like you are having a conversation with one and you say dude instead of officer and things go from friendly to intense in an instant. Not because they needed to but because that cop felt he wasnt respected. That isnt professional at all and doesnt help anyone yet its the kind of thing I have seen quite a few times.

Not all police departments are created equal either. That story i just told is about inkster boys who have a bad rep and are always in trouble over something or another ... You head northeast into the burbs and i notice the cops seem to be much more professional and a lot less aggro .

When you are dealing with people its always a case by case kinda thing.

Im not attacking your profession dude Im just speaking on things I have seen and interactions I have had.

Ive talked to you and seen you post and while i dont know ya well I would guess that you arent the kind of meathead I am talking about

From a civvy point of view though it looks like the meatheads get protected and nothing ever gets done about them..... I would wager that isnt how things look from your perspective.

What is a Police Officer's actual job? That was my question. Like what are they actually doing when they show up somewhere? Because "Protect and Serve" to some level is a talking point in itself. Their whole job is to get control of people and control the situation while they are there. That is their only true purpose.

EDIT: "Only job" isn't the right word, but that is what they are trying to do when they get there, and they aren't worried about anything else.

Those are not talking points, those are features of law enforcement put into a comparative political context. Your attempt at dismissal is wrongheaded. And I never objected to the legitimate use of force by police. You're off to a really bad start in your response here, dude. I don't respond well to dishonest lines of argument. And neither does your mother's cunt, I feel.

They'er absolutely talking points. The fact that you didn't attempt to defend them beyond just saying "they aren't talking points" is kind of proof of that. I guess what I'm really asking is can you go a little more in depth as to what you consider to be excessive use of force and what you don't, beyond the abstract "I'm against excessive use of force". Because everyone is against excessive use of force by the Police.

[/QUOTE]Cops don't need fucking grenade launchers and MRAPs, for one. We even see military vehicles deployed at protests these days. It's a serious burden on taxpayers and the diminishing returns in protection and service are obvious as we move up the scale of tactical training, gear and weapons. You only need to admit that there's a debate there, and then you see that it's obvious there is a split between the left and right on the issue. I don't need to debate each issue to support the point I am making, which is a pretty simple one. You want to debate my position on each issue, though. That isn't what the thread or my posts are about.[/QUOTE]

The police don't have Grenade Launchers. At least not that shoot anything other than tear gas. How are the Police supposed to deal with heavily armed suspects without uparmored vehicles? And yes, you're right, I do want you to give more than just abstract answers, because this is a very nuanced issue.

What is a Police Officer's actual job? That was my question. Like what are they actually doing when they show up somewhere? Because "Protect and Serve" to some level is a talking point in itself. Their whole job is to get control of people and control the situation while they are there. That is their only true purpose.

Well thats the problem with the police I guess is that control of the situation and peoples rights and lives seem to be a bit of a conflict of interest .

A cop pulls up to the scene and thinks I need to get control of this .... a dude sees the cop and thinks I need to talk to this dude and show him my id

The cop shoots the fool with the wallet in his hand ... Is this just and is this the control of a situation that you speak of or did the cop just violate that dudes rights by shooting him for no good reason other than I was startled ?

And here lies the problem that you and I are going to run into. You are going to tell me about what the moron who got shot shouldnt have done that and how cops have to protect themselves ..... Ill ask you after the smoke clears and its looked into and it turns out that the only thing the dude did wrong is startle that police officer should that cop go to jail ?

Was he just doing his job or did he violate the law and attempt to murder that guy ? Is the answer both ?

What is a cops job ? I think it depends on the situation and that your answer is just as much a talking point as you are accusing everyone else of talking in

Conservatives especially suck law enforcement cock. Which is ironic considering their fear of big government. If you jerk off officers everyday its going to lead to them becoming more arrogant and powerful. The idea that officers can arrest someone for weed is a god damn joke.
law enforcement encounter that most americans will get in their life time is likely to be with a local city cops. local city cops are not "big government" because those cops work for the city or county

also, big american cities with highest crime rate are most likely to vote democrats/liberals. they need more law enforcement than anybody else

Well thats the problem with the police I guess is that control of the situation and peoples rights and lives seem to be a bit of a conflict of interest .

You do have rights. You still have to submit to the authority of the Police who are acting as agents of the Government. There is a serious disconnect with people on this issue. You having rights does not equal you having free reign to just do whatever the hell you want to.

A cop pulls up to the scene and thinks I need to get control of this .... a dude sees the cop and thinks I need to talk to this dude and show him my id

The cop shoots the fool with the wallet in his hand ... Is this just and is this the control of a situation that you speak of or did the cop just violate that dudes rights by shooting him for no good reason other than I was startled ?

That was a quick shooting in my opinon. Context is everything. While the guy did get out of his car in a bit of an unusual manner, it isn't like this officer had just pulled him over and he decided to get out of his car. that would be highly irregular. This guy had been in a traffic accident and I think it would be merely expected for folks to be getting out of their cars, even on the highway at night, when the Police come to respond to that accident.

Was he just doing his job or did he violate the law and attempt to murder that guy ? Is the answer both ?

What is a cops job ? I think it depends on the situation and that your answer is just as much a talking point as you are accusing everyone else of talking in

I don't think he violated the law. I do think he showed that he probably should not be a Police Officer. While Policing is a difficult task, and is in no way a job that is done in a set pattern (as in altercations don't follow some set series of criteria) the Police shouldn't be forcing themselves into a situation where they shoot a person who doesn't need to be shot. That in my mind is what happened here. We also have the benefit of hindsight and the knowledge that this man was not armed, which the officer involved did not. Monday Morning Quarterbacking is the easiest task in the world.

There is a serious disconnect with people on this issue. You having rights does not equal you having free reign to just do whatever the hell you want to.

Im not saying it does but thats a two way street and really depends on the situation. If you stop me and I give you my id and am complying but have an attitude that isnt an excuse for the police to escalate a situation

Like sandra bland. I dont think the police killed her but I DO question why she was arrested in the first place

I don't think he violated the law. I do think he showed that he probably should not be a Police Officer. While Policing is a difficult task, and is in no way a job that is done in a set pattern (as in altercations don't follow some set series of criteria) the Police shouldn't be forcing themselves into a situation where they shoot a person who doesn't need to be shot. That in my mind is what happened here. We also have the benefit of hindsight and the knowledge that this man was not armed, which the officer involved did not. Monday Morning Quarterbacking is the easiest task in the world.

and this is the problem of why the us vs them divide grows daily. Im sorry guy but if you pop someone with no good reason for doing so and you need to be in a jail cell. He cannot have this double standard.

I agree with you that it is easy to Monday morning qb but I also think that the position we put cops in that they need to be held to a standard when it comes to firing that weapon. If this makes cops second guess themselves it may sound harsh but I do not care. Its not right and it shouldnt be treated like it is.

If I have to follow the law and cannot be incorrect about drawing and shooting someone than the police cant either.

Now what I really think the problem is is that we have too many laws and we have the police as revenue agents for their cities and this causes police and people to have way to many interactions. Like I said earlier today the biggest problem is the law makers and profiteers

Lol. Can't even argue properly without spazzing out.

Unstable, aggressive idiots like you are the reason bodycams are needed. Enjoy getting a gun pulled on you, and cleaning up bums' shit. Then again, getting your GED at age 20 wasn't going to get you much more, now was it?
Yes I'm totally spazzing out as I'm loling good over your suspect post history.

I got my GED at age 19 actually, get it right.

I love how much I've afflicted you over the years here on Sherdog. Stay salty, perpetually.

I've never had an issue with LEO either, in fact they've often been lenient with me and my family. My dad even cut off a cop one time and he let us go without a ticket because we were near the house.

But the strange thing is the world doesn't revolve around me and my experiences and they aren't representative of everyone in America. Empirical data and research can better provide an insight into that than my anecdotal experience.

Novel idea, I know.
short of empirical data showing the literal planting of evidence

it still does not negate the 'don't commit crime' pt

All I see in the cop shooting threads is how the person shot is always on the wrong. It's incredible how you guys brag about freedom, but act so passive when the law enforcement screws up. Where I come from, most of the time when police screws up immediate action is taken, and they know it. Someone getting shot because they got out of the car with a wallet on their hand is unheard off. But in you're case you have people almost saying if you get stopped you should fellate the cop. Their work is to protect you, not cause fear.

1. People in America sometimes have riots over police shootings.
2. America probably has a much larger population than whatever piss ant country you come from, so maybe the per capita isn't as different as you think.
3. Even though police shootings often make the news in America, not very many Americans die from police shootings every year. It's actually extremely few relative to other causes of death like automobile accidents.

Really? That's the only way a cop could inappropriately antagonize a citizen?
to the pt where it drastically effects your life? yes, pretty much

unless you get convicted of a crime, you're just largely driving slower when they're behind you and tiptoeing. everyone deals w/ this, nobody I know personally actually loves Cops, most people fear them

to the pt where it drastically effects your life? yes, pretty much

unless you get convicted of a crime, you're just largely driving slower when they're behind you and tiptoeing. everyone deals w/ this, nobody I know personally actually loves Cops, most people fear them
You don't think an inappropriate use of force might affects someone's life?

You don't think an inappropriate use of force might affects someone's life?
absolutely

however how often does that happen where there is no PC or the person is completely innocent of a crime?

i'm not condoning policy misconduct by any means, just you have to somewhat place yourself into that position to get messed with generally

absolutely

however how often does that happen where there is no PC or the person is completely innocent of a crime?

i'm not condoning policy misconduct by any means, just you have to somewhat place yourself into that position to get messed with generally
I don't really care what the person does tbh, the cop should act within the law. I hold them, as an agent of the state, to a higher standard. And this is the frustrating part about talking about police misconduct; their misconduct so often has apologists who want to blame the victim even as they recognize the cop might've been in the wrong.

Its not up to me to walk on eggshells around a cop, its up to them to their job within the confines of the law.

They'er absolutely talking points. The fact that you didn't attempt to defend them beyond just saying "they aren't talking points" is kind of proof of that. I guess what I'm really asking is can you go a little more in depth as to what you consider to be excessive use of force and what you don't, beyond the abstract "I'm against excessive use of force". Because everyone is against excessive use of force by the Police. The police don't have Grenade Launchers. At least not that shoot anything other than tear gas. How are the Police supposed to deal with heavily armed suspects without uparmored vehicles? And yes, you're right, I do want you to give more than just abstract answers, because this is a very nuanced issue.

I made it exceptionally clear to you that I wasn't going to go line by line with you on a debate about each type of perceived police aggression, but you insist. That's not the discussion. I already know that you disagree with me about pretty much everything. I'm also not interested in your point of view on any of that, because smarter people than you make better arguments on that end, and I'm familiar with them.

To summarize, I'm in the thread on the topic of the different political points of view- and not in the thread on the premise that one side is objectively wrong about anything, because law enforcement is difficult, prone to abuse and corruption, and generally requires a ton of effort to do right. What I do argue is that the state must continue to demonstrate the legitimacy of its agents and its methods, and does not operate on a system of moral credit, like conservatives generally believe. Therefore, criticism and transparency is the better approach to serve the public interest.

Cops face danger everyday ,they are on edge especially in n.y.

If you had to deal with these animals daily you would lose it after a few years or have an itchy trigger finger.

Back