What's up with Chloe Grace Moretz? Is her star officially waning already?

Do you also read with glasses with no actual beneficial purpose...?

Because I love subtitles..

uUEEjPp.jpg

...Still wood:oops:

I didn't know there was a sequel. I might give it a look.

Let this blow your mind: On RT right now, Ouija has a 6%. Ouija: Origin of Evil has an 82%.

Fair point. Although I think in many cases the motivation for an English language film is to emulate the success of the first film adaptation. Either way, even if it is a new adaption of a novel, or whatever the source material may be, it's still comes across as redundant for anybody who saw the earlier film to see another version only two years later.

Yeah, as you say, it seems redundant for people who actually saw the first movie.

I'd be curious to see the numbers on how many people have actually seen Let The Right One In and how many have seen Let Me In, and I'd also like to know how many people have seen the original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and how many have seen Fincher's remake.

Yeah I can accept that. I can understand reading words at the bottom of the screen being distracting. I started watching subbed anime when I was a teenager, so I just got used to it over time.

RE: not watching a movie with subtitles...I think less of a person who refuses to watch a movie because they "don't want to read a movie." I think they may have a learning disability or something worse and they just don't know. I'm a very open minded, non-judgmental person overall but that....fuck that.

I watch my share of foreign films, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that having to deal with subtitles is a turn-off. I will do it, but grudgingly.

Not only do you have to keep directing your eyes to the bottom of the screen, potentially missing visual information in other parts of the frame, but you also have to stay 100% active during every single moment. You can't even walk across the room to grab a beer out of the fridge without pausing the movie because if you do you will miss something.

It's exhausting, in a way.

Back