What's up with Chloe Grace Moretz? Is her star officially waning already?

G

Guestx

As we all know, Chloe first broke out with Kick Ass in 2010. She was that cute, charismatic kid who played Hit Girl and seemed to really be going places.

tumblr_nj4p307Uq11u8o9s2o1_500.gif

She went on to be cast in two remakes of beloved horror films (Let Me In, Carrie), got to work with Martin Scorsese (Hugo), and was cast alongside A-listers like Johnny Depp (Dark Shadows) and Denzel Washington (The Equalizer).

giphy.gif

But I realized earlier that I haven't heard her name in a while and that there aren't any upcoming projects of hers that I am anticipating.

Taking a look at the last few movies she's made after The Equalizer:

Dark Places
The 5th Wave
Neighbors 2
Brain on Fire
I Love You, Daddy
November Criminals

I have only heard of three of those and none of them seem to have had much buzz behind them, except perhaps for I Love You, Daddy and that's due to Louis CK's recent troubles in the media.

So what's going on with Chloe? Is she going the way of Dakota Fanning, fading from the spotlight only to end up an indie darling? Or is she going to have a long and fruitful career, much like Jodie Foster, who also started as a young starlet and has stayed relevant all the way to the present day?

59caeccc6f6ad7966614ab6047c178b6.jpg

Isn't she dating someone's rich son?

She looks weird, IMO
efm9p7hne8xx.jpg
Looks like a lemonhead had sex with a midget giraffe. Why the hell are her arms sooo long??? Also, she was awful in the 5th wave so maybe after that she cant get starring roles. Shes like an uglier version of that chick from the gifted on fox.

EDIT: Also, why does that baby behind her have the face of a 40 yr old mexican man?

Looks like a lemonhead had sex with a midget giraffe. Why the hell are her arms sooo long??? Also, she was awful in the 5th wave so maybe after that she cant get starring roles. Shes like an uglier version of that chick from the gifted on fox.

EDIT: Also, why does that baby behind her have the face of a 40 yr old mexican man?

Because its a shooped pic.

She looks weird, IMO
efm9p7hne8xx.jpg

She's prone to taking bad pics at times but those are pictures. It's often weird when people get caught looking goofy at a very specific moment in time.

She always looks good in her movies.

She's kinda odd looking for sure. I think the thing that really made her popular is because (pun intended) she was such a kick ass youngster .... in the movie Kick Ass.

5th Wave wasn't good. Entertaining, probably for most, but not anything really good.
Neighbors 2 had me caring less if I ever see her again. For the record, I really enjoyed Neighbors 1.

I don't know about the other movies she's been in since those two. She may just not have it to succeed as an adult actress. There are different demands of adult actresses versus children or teens.

That's my initial take on it Mr. Priest.

She's still young enough to rebound. Maybe get a nutritionist to help her change her body dimensions.

LMAO I just saw the baby

Interesting...

Usually when ones nudes come out your prestige rises in Hollywood..

Poor thing, her light is dimming...

She's kinda odd looking for sure. I think the thing that really made her popular is because (pun intended) she was such a kick ass youngster .... in the movie Kick Ass.

5th Wave wasn't good. Entertaining, probably for most, but not anything really good.
Neighbors 2 had me caring less if I ever see her again. For the record, I really enjoyed Neighbors 1.

I don't know about the other movies she's been in since those two. She may just not have it to succeed as an adult actress. There are different demands of adult actresses versus children or teens.

That's my initial take on it Mr. Priest.

I need to watch some of her recent movies.

Of all the films she's appeared in, I've seen The Amityville Horror, Kick Ass 1 & 2, 500 Days of Summer, Let Me In, Hugo, Dark Shadows, Carrie and If I Stay. I thought she did a good job in all of those and had a lot of screen presence.

I hope she's able to successfully transition into adult roles, but who knows, it seems like the odds are against her, at least in terms of staying really popular. As long as she continues acting, my guess is she'll have a Dakota Fanning-type career.

Dakota was also very popular for a while but obviously things are different for her now, appearing mostly in independent films. Though she did land a big role in the upcoming TNT period drama The Alienist.

Back