What's more impressive?

What's more impressive?

• Total voters
Majority dec was bullshit.
48-47 UD for Conor should be the result

That said, finishing via rnc got my vote

Conor broke mentally in the first fight. In all my years of watching MMA it is a rare sight that it happens. He completely panicked after he was rocked the 2nd time by Nate. Shot for an awful takedown against a guy that is very good on the ground. The end of that fight was very embarrassing.

In all your years you've not learned the difference between someone who is mentally weak/giving up and someone who is completely gassed out ?

What in the world would cause him to break mentally ?
Smashing Nates face too many times ?

In all your years you've not learned the difference between someone who is mentally weak/giving up and someone who is completely gassed out ?

Conor broke.

Even when you're gassed you can defend yourself to a point, that point was beyond Conor. He was looking for a way out.

I would bet heavy money he was preparing his "efficient with my energy" claim before he even tapped out.

Actually, if you have ever competed before, you would know that hitting your opponent with your best shots and him looking back at you and laughing is very demoralizing. Conor hit Nate with the kitchen sink and never came close to finishing him.

I do think Conor has a poor gas tank, but no he didnt gas at all in that fight. He was rocked and panicked. It was pretty obvious

Conor fanboys felt for that one. lol

That doesn't make any sense Nate had no training camp and was partying in Mexico when he got the call to fight two weeks out??? Looks like mentally weak it is.

Conor broke.

Even when you're gassed you can defend yourself to a point, that point was beyond Conor. He was looking for a way out.

I would bet heavy money he was preparing his "efficient with my energy" claim before he even tapped out.

You don't break mentally when you're winning a fight.
Conor cane out like someone who didn't think there was a chance he'd see a second round.
Up until that point his cardio was suspect due to him most likely never needing it and being arrogant.
Because of that he comes out swinging with everything he's got and was completely shocked when Nate didn't go down.
He soon gassed out and gets tagged and hurt by a weak ass combo by Nate and tries to wrestle in order to recover but gets choked instead.

Anyone who has competed in any sport and ever had their body stop working due to gassing out could see thats what happened to him.

He didn't mentally break.
That happens to people that are taking a beating and nothing they do works.
That is absolutely not what happened here.

You don't break mentally when you're winning a fight.
Conor cane out like someone who didn't think there was a chance he'd see a second round.
Up until that point his cardio was suspect due to him most likely never needing it and being arrogant.
Because of that he comes out swinging with everything he's got and was completely shocked when Nate didn't go down.
He soon gassed out and gets tagged and hurt by a weak ass combo by Nate and tries to wrestle in order to recover but gets choked instead.

Anyone who has competed in any sport and ever had their body stop working due to gassing out could see thats what happened to him.

He didn't mentally break.
That happens to people that are taking a beating and nothing they do works.
That is absolutely not what happened here.

That's an interesting narrative.

It also happens, just as commonly, when nothing you're doing works, you're fading, and your opponent isn't slowing down at all. That's exactly what happened here.

Yes, he gassed. There are things you do when you're gassed, and he didn't do them, he gave up.

This is obviously pretty subjective and I appreciate the fact I am never going to convince you this is how it went down. If you're a Conor fan there's no way you would see it the way I do.

Just saying I've been watching this sport a very, very long time, and you can tell when it's more than just gassing out. He broke. Diaz especially does that to fighters.

A Finish almost always beats decision. Split decisions are more often a case of bad judging rather than a truly close fight.

Conor haters still grasping onto their one sliver of victory, after years of defeats.

Both fights were easily FOTY candidates, but that RNC was way more impressive and dominant.

That's an interesting narrative.

It also happens, just as commonly, when nothing you're doing works, you're fading, and your opponent isn't slowing down at all. That's exactly what happened here.

Yes, he gassed. There are things you do when you're gassed, and he didn't do them, he gave up.

This is obviously pretty subjective and I appreciate the fact I am never going to convince you this is how it went down. If you're a Conor fan there's no way you would see it the way I do.

Just saying I've been watching this sport a very, very long time, and you can tell when it's more than just gassing out. He broke. Diaz especially does that to fighters.

Perhaps there is a thin line between giving up and completely gassing out which makes it hard to determine.
Perhaps they aren't 2 totally different things.
I just felt while watching that Conor was at the point when your arms will no longer stay up, your legs are jelly and barely holding you and you feel like your lungs are on fire.

At that point he went for a takedown rather than risk getting KOd with no way to defend himself.
Once it hit the ground a gassed out Conor is getting choked quickly regardless of whether or not he mentally gave up.
So again hard to tell how he was thinking at the time without mind reading but if you go by who he is most of the time, I'd say he comes across as someone who can beat physically but will not mentally break.

And as far as Nate goes id say he doesn't mentally break people as much as he just drags them into deep water until they can't physically swim anymore.
Now having said that I do agree that there are some that mentally give up before the actual physical breakdown.
I just don't think that's what happened to Conor since he was doing well.

Now I'd definitely say that's what Nate did to MJ though.

Perhaps there is a thin line between giving up and completely gassing out which makes it hard to determine.
Perhaps they aren't 2 totally different things.
I just felt while watching that Conor was at the point when your arms will no longer stay up, your legs are jelly and barely holding you and you feel like your lungs are on fire.

At that point he went for a takedown rather than risk getting KOd with no way to defend himself.
Once it hit the ground a gassed out Conor is getting choked quickly regardless of whether or not he mentally gave up.
So again hard to tell how he was thinking at the time without mind reading but if you go by who he is most of the time, I'd say he comes across as someone who can beat physically but will not mentally break.

And as far as Nate goes id say he doesn't mentally break people as much as he just drags them into deep water until they can't physically swim anymore.
Now having said that I do agree that there are some that mentally give up before the actual physical breakdown.
I just don't think that's what happened to Conor since he was doing well.

Now I'd definitely say that's what Nate did to MJ though.

Like I said, very subjective.

Depends on the context. I think both wins were impressive in their own way. Diaz took over in the 2nd round and tooled Konour without training camp.

Konour has shown a lot of heart and dominated Nate in the 5th round of their rematch while everyone though he was done after the 3rd. Kudos to both guys, fuck the haters.
Conor lost the 5th. Pretty clearly and ended the fight on his back with Diaz punching him

This is more impressive.

37740AE100000578-3751207-image-m-129_1471755119674.jpg

Diaz-blood-face.jpg

0.jpg

Can I change my vote? Clippy fooled me and I gave a smart answer

Back