What would be the worst way to die?

A lot of people, when their hamsters are sick, put them in the freezer so they’ll go peacefully.

I personally couldn’t bring myself to do that, but yeah it’s really not a bad way to go.

They may only work for animals with fur and insulation.

This topic has been discussed a few times over the years and best classified between short term and long term.

Short term - Brazen Bull. The victim is roasted over the course of minutes.

Long term - Crucifixion. The victim... well, we all know what it is, and it can last over a week.

This is a close 2nd in the long-term category.

That scene in GOT made me think it was pretty grim
Nothing dramatic but when khaleesi locked that big black guy and that chick in the vault

Like.. you're just sat in the dark waiting to die

Obviously similar to being buried alive which also freaks the shit out of me (I'm extremely claustrophobic)
Just thinking about it makes me wanna stretch my arms out

As another poster already mentioned, the brazen bull wins. You would have to get REALLY, REALLY creative to find a more unimaginably horrible way to die

After a minute or so you would be begging every God you've ever heard of for a gun to kill yourself

probably having something amputated in an accident and you're lying there bleeding to death and too far from help.

Know of an instance 30 years or so ago where a couple were driving and he lost control of car and drove off the road and into a field and then wooded area. He died when the car crashed but his girlfriend survived.

However it was over the Christmas period and everyone thought they were partying somewhere else and staying at each other's parents...

They found the car quickly enough when they started looking. It was a few days after they left one set of the parents. He'd been dead a few days but she had been alive next to his corpse unable to get out due to injuries...she died in the car but not until after sitting next to him for a couple of days..

I just pray my death isn't overly ironic

The man who invented the Brazen Bull was put inside of it and burned alive as the first test subject. According to legend he was burned for a while and then thrown off a cliff.

To be honest, I can't think of a better person to die via the Brazen Bull.

A lot of really bad ways to die but I was always afraid of being trapped in a car burning alive. Don't know why but it always seemed to me like it could be the worst way to go.

Last edited:
I reckon it would be worst to be a victim of Vlad the Impaler.

"Vlad] had a big copper cauldron built and put a lid made of wood with holes in it on top. He put the people in the cauldron and put their heads in the holes and fastened them there; then he filled it with water and set a fire under it and let the people cry their eyes out until they were boiled to death. And then he invented frightening, terrible, unheard of tortures. He ordered that women be impaled together with their suckling babies on the same stake. The babies fought for their lives at their mother's breasts until they died. Then he had the women's breasts cut off and put the babies inside headfirst; thus he had them impaled together."

Or maybe his namesake, being impaled upon a spike inserted through ones fundement:

"One day I saw a Man upon the Pale, who was Sentenced to continue so for three Hours alive and that he might not die too soon, the Stake was not thrust up far enough to come out at any part of his Body, and they also put a stay or rest upon the Pale, to hinder the weight of his body from making him sink down upon it, or the point of it from piercing him through, which would have presently killed him: In this manner he was left for some Hours, (during which time he spoke) and turning from one side to another, prayed those that passed by to kill him, making a thousand wry Mouths and Faces, because of the pain he suffered when he stirred himself, but after Dinner the Basha sent one to dispatch him; which was easily done, by making the point of the Stake come out at his Breast, and then he was left till next Morning, when he was taken down, because he stunk horridly."

You'd lose your senses pretty quick, warriors death imo.

No, the victim would lose their senses quickly if they're burned to death. The flame would overload the nervous system and the victim loses consiousness.

The brazen bull, effectively, is an oven slowly rising in temperature. The victim is roasted/cooked, and they'd lose consiousness but it wouldn't be anywhere close to as fast as being directly burned.

Being eaten alive by like a pack of wild dogs or komodo dragons.
A tiger or lion go for the neck and try to end you fast, but plenty of other animals will uss your screams as lounge music while they dine on your flesh

lol as "lounge music" hahahaha

I almost drowned once it was actually quite peaceful. I think the worst way would be having to watch loved ones get murdered or raped before it's your turn

Three explorers, an American, a Brit and a Frenchman were captured by a jungle tribe for trespassing on their land. The leader offered them a choice of punishment, death or Boola Boola. The American was the first to have to choose so he chose Boola Boola. The tribe members gleefully tied him face down over a log and all of the men of the village sodomized him. The Frenchman had to chose next and he also chose Boola Boola and seemed to look forward to it as the tribe celebrated his choice.

The last to chose was the Brit who said he refused to be violated and chose death. The tribes celebration abruptly ceased and the leader looked puzzled. He asked the Brit if he was certain he didn't want Boola Boola instead of death. The Brit staunchly replied he would rather die. The leader said that nobody had ever chosen death before and again asked the Brit if he was certain. he American and the Frenchman urged the Brit to save his life and chose Boola Boola. The Brit replied "never". The men of the tribe huddled together talking. The Brit told the American and the Frenchman that the tribe was faced with a man of courage and might just let him go.

The tribal huddle finally end with some excited discussion indicating a decision had been made. The leader informed the Brit that since nobody had chosen death before, they didn't have a method of death set up. They discussed the matter and decided;
it would be death by Boola Boola.
I know this as oogie doogie not boola boola

Chinese bamboo torture would be a bad way to go.

You're tied to a seat with a hole in it and they put a bamboo plant (which grows very fast) under the hole.

Back