What would be the worst way to die?

Having seen the results of a lot of assaults, I’d have to say stabbing. It’s a very intimate and aggressive crime. Unlike movies, it’s take a lot of stabs to die.

Having seen the results of a lot of assaults, I’d have to say stabbing. It’s a very intimate and aggressive crime. Unlike movies, it’s take a lot of stabs to die.
So are you a paramedic or a serial killer?

The Brazen Bull would be horrific.

The brazen bull, bronze bull, or Sicilian bull, was allegedly a torture and execution device designed in ancient Greece.[1] According to Diodorus Siculus, recounting the story in Bibliotheca historica, Perillos of Athens invented and proposed it to Phalaris, the tyrant of Akragas, Sicily, as a new means of executing criminals.[2] The bull was said to be made entirely out of bronze, hollow, with a door in one side.[3] According to legends the brazen bull was designed in the form and size of an actual bull and had an acoustic apparatus that converted screams into the sound of a bull. The condemned were locked inside the device, and a fire was set under it, heating the metal until the person inside was roasted to death. Some modern scholars question if the brazen bull ever really existed, attributing reports of the fearsome invention to early propaganda.[4]

The man who invented the Brazen Bull was put inside of it and burned alive as the first test subject. According to legend he was burned for a while and then thrown off a cliff.

th

The nostrils would blow smoke and steam as you cooked and screamed.
bull-3.jpg

Fuck that's awful. I have never seen a photograph of this contraption. I wonder if any got preserved.

Fuck that's awful. I have never seen a photograph of this contraption. I wonder if any got preserved.

I don't know if there are any surviving ancient bulls but it would be god awful. The bull was made of bronze usually so you can imagine how fast it would heat up. Burned in the belly of the beast. Its worse than something out of a Hollywood film.

Here is some old art work.

Pierre_Woeiriot_Phalaris.jpg

1024px-Spisska_Hrad_048.jpg

250px-EustaceDeathFerdinandi.jpg

Francesco Ferdinandi, The Martyrdom of St. Eustace. Behind the main altar at the Church of Sant'Eustachio, Rome, this painting follows the narrative in the Golden Legend: For refusing to sacrifice to the gods, Saint Eustace and his wife and sons are to be executed in a brazen bull.

I think i read that in a Jack London novel. Not sure if it's true
A lot of people, when their hamsters are sick, put them in the freezer so they’ll go peacefully.

I personally couldn’t bring myself to do that, but yeah it’s really not a bad way to go.

If you were in a casket you would most likely suffocate first. Panic would speed it up too.

Oh that's good.

Can't remember if it was documented something that I read, where there was a bell connected to string leading to the coffin, or if it was something in a chapter from Game of Thrones, but they unearthed a person thought to be dead and they had been eating their fingers. Can't remember which.

Vlad the Impaler was the man that inspired the character Dracula.
th

He was known to impale his enemies by the hundreds or thousands and he would eat lunch while watching it and even drink their blood. The bad thing about the impaling is that he would shove a rather large wooden pole up your ass then slowly, over time, you would slide down on it, dying a long agonizing death and eventually the pole would jut out of your mouth from your ass.

we can make an educated guess and say that the majority of Vlad’s victims were most likely impaled in the longitudinal fashion through the sexual organs - which was through the vagina for women and via the anus to sodomize the men. This method of impalement was carried out by attaching a rope to either foot of the victim, tying each end of the rope to a separate horse, then having the horses draw the legs apart, which allowed the punisher to insert the stake into the preferred orifice before hoisting the victim into the air. Sometimes the stake was sharp to kill quickly, and sometimes it was dulled and oiled - so the victim died as slow as possible over the course of a few days to a week.

In conclusion, the impalement always took place while the victims were alive. However, in the case of the Forest of the Impaled (where some 20,000 people were impaled) Dracula did impale dead bodies and whomever else he had laying around - to increase the effect of “fear” it would have on the Sultan and his armies.

This was Dracula's castle.
th
th

Back