What is your favorite brand of tool? (Blue collar brahs gtfih)

Dewalt, but Bosch angle grinders are pretty good.

I pretty much only buy Milwaukee and DeWalt power tools only. But did you know DeWalt is owned by Black and Decker?

Makita was the go to for years I found as a construction electrician and carpenter. Now most go with Milwaukee. As many have said dewalt are great but def are a cheaper feeling product.

Dewalt is solid in general but I think Milwaukee is boss right now. Just hat a Dewalt impact driver shit the bed on me in just over a year and I'm not using it on a daily basis.

I believe it was a Husky tiny screwdriver I used to tighten a bathroom towel rack screw, and the fucking handle grip would turn, but the metal shaft stayed put because it apparently separated from the handle grip. What a piece of shit.

Wiha hand tools (awesome), and Dewalt power tools just because you can get them on sale cheap sometimes. I don't care for their quality, I've had drill bearings get sloppy after minor use, and they are rough and clunky imo, but I don't use them hard or often enough to spend for the good stuff.

I like dewalt,but I also use Stanley because my tool collection started at wal mart,I have snap on too and some other brands.

milwaukee-power-tool-combo-kits-2462-21p-64_1000.jpg

Picked up this Milwaukee kit around black Friday for just $100! The ratchet is sweet and beats the hell out of using loud ass air.

Harbor freight all the way. The tools are cheap as hell which means you can buy more of them.

And they're so cheap that if they break after a year you can just buy another one and not be upset about it.

I've only had one tool from them break in the first year.

I don't use these tools for a living though. Just for my own stuff around the house. I'm sure if i had to use them 8 hours per day I'd want some higher quality stuff.

I've used Craftsman hand tools for years because there were Sears stores everywhere that sold them and they were good quality with a good warranty. They are now sold at many other stores as well because Sears is going out of business. I find it rather Ironic that the company that was the biggest mail order catalog company has fallen on hard times because they put too much emphasis on retail and didn't embrace online sales soon enough.

The local Farm & Fleet stores sell Craftsman and Duracraft hand tools. The Duracraft tools have been my favorite. When they have a sale, the combination wrench sets from 3/8" to 1-1/4" were sold for $19.95. At full price today they sell for $29.99. They started selling a Pro line that is more polished and slightly more expensive. I've never liked the highly polished tools because they are very slippery when your hands and tools are greasy or oily.

A Snap On set, 3/8" to 1" costs $525. A 1-1/16" is $96. 1-1/8" is $111 and a 1-1/4 is $127. So $859 for a similar set of Snap On wrenches. For that price you can buy 28 of the Duracraft sets at their regular price. You need at least 2 of each size wrench because you might have to hold the head of the bolt and a nut. It's a lot easier on the wallet if you lose or someone "borrows" a cheap tool than an expensive tool.

For general home use, the Harbor Freight tools are a good choice. You can buy sets in a case that makes it easy to keep track of them. I keep a set in each of my vehicles. They usually have a 225 piece set in a case on sale for under $100.
62664zzz_500.jpg

You don't need expensive tools. Almost everything is guaranteed now.

We went from using DeWalt at work to using Hilti, and now after 3 years of complaints, we're back to DeWalt again.

The only tool I'd take from Hilti over DeWalt is Hilti's rotary hammers.

The only tool I'd take from Milwaukee over DeWalt is their reciprocating saws.

Everything is DeWalt, DeWalt, DeWalt.

Was it because HILTI is always heavier than the dewalt? I am in commercial and residential construction and seeing a lot less Dewalt and more Milwaukee.

People who see my HILTI are a bit jelly.

Dewalt is over rated unless they've improved drastically in the last few years , I've switched to Milwaukee for most of my recent purchases

Never understood the obsession some guys put into having the best and most expensive of every tool. The same guys that buy those obscene massive stainless tool boxes so they can show off tools that hardly every get used.

I'm 34 and have been around tools of one kind or another since I was 10. My dad was a Craftsman guy but I have had exposure to Snap-On tools over the years. Honestly can't see much of a difference in value despite the ridiculous mark-up in price.

Looking to start my own motorcycle shop one day, purchasing tools is something I give a lot of thought to. Being a firm believer in buying nice things that will last me longer, one part of me leans toward buying the best of each tool as I need it. But I ended up going a different route; I buy the best tool for what I need it to do.

If it's a tool where precision or accuracy is crucial, or will see a lot of use, I will spend the money on a quality tool. Something that will get used only one time, or very rarely at all I generally go cheaper on.

Tools are a means to an end. A means to build things and fix things. They aren't a finish line, a goal in and of themselves. Having a huge stainless Snap-On toolbox full of shiny, matching Snap-On tools doesn't mean shit if you have nothing to use them on because you blew all your money buying the fucking tools in the first place.

You do have a point but some tools are worth the price tag. OH and Snap-on and Matco are 10x better than craftsman.

Dewalt is over rated unless they've improved drastically in the last few years , I've switched to Milwaukee for most of my recent purchases

They haven't and still considered default to me. Just a step above home owner grade.

Brand? You're basically paying for marketing.

I buy whatever is on sale, be it a brand name or generic Chinese knock offs. Tools are tools.

Back